Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoseto View Post
And at some point, this silent majority will be the silent minority.
The one x factor I wonder about is what all these voting age new immigrants think of this. Many of them come here wanting things to be equal - so they can continue their traditions too. So I wonder what they'll think of their tax dollars going to the privileged with reckless abandon. Apologize for this apologize for that. Something we didn't do but we pay for. Apparently the only way to apologize is to give more privilege and money. The current system is broken
In regards to the new immigrants coming here....I doubt they care at all. For now anyways.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:38 AM

It's well established that a many 1st nations purposely ignited fires to 'manage' the landscape - promote fresh grass to attract bison, remove forest improve moose browse, drive off enemies. Igniting wild fires was a 'traditional use'.

Our National Parks extensively use 'prescribed burns' to achieve their goals of ecological integrity (which now includes an aboriginal presence). Will this practise of setting forest fires be soon turned over to 1st nations?
Old 10-12-2017, 09:47 AM

I am not racist ,so if I say something about natives sometimes peope think I am. I have almost pure native blood in my veins and more than enough to treaty up.I could insult the pope if I thought I was right,but in a nice way

PHIL FONTAINE grand chief of all nations assembly in canada , me and him both have the same great grandfather,my grand mother was pure Micmac ,so when I hear you can't do this cause your not treaty your wrong. 9 kids in our family and not even my mother apply for the card taking care of 9 kids on by herself.

We were all born into this country and I am know different than any other person in this country card or no card.I want nothing from no one except the love from my family and wife,the rest I can take care of till I die.

The native people really think that even if they owned the park that this will change there lives and help the ones who struggle so much,no way

I have some very good native friends and we talk about there problems and the stuff they all agree on the fact that most chief's live hi on the hog while the rest struggle .Most of them don't even hunt,but yet the few that do make a big deal over getting 10 animals in a park, buy a tag an go shoot 10 like the rest of us native Canadians.

I hunted hard for 42 years and never missed a year when something never hit the ground ,i went 35 years in a row getting my moose along with many other animals,guided all across Canada where I could for fishing and hunting without a card,so how can I not be a native and why do I need to be re-introduced into nature,my soul is nature stamped into hard,i lived alone for decades with nature doing my work in forestry,never worked one day inside.The river of life only runs as fast as you want it to,in the end it all dries up and we all still end up the same mud hole card or no card and the clock keeps ticking forward and rewinding it to gain time back is not going to happen.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD848 View Post
I am not racist ,so if I say something about natives sometimes peope think I am. I have almost pure native blood in my veins and more than enough to treaty up.I could insult the pope if I thought I was right,but in a nice way

PHIL FONTAINE grand chief of all nations assembly in canada , me and him both have the same great grandfather,my grand mother was pure Micmac ,so when I hear you can't do this cause your not treaty your wrong. 9 kids in our family and not even my mother apply for the card taking care of 9 kids on by herself.

We were all born into this country and I am know different than any other person in this country card or no card.I want nothing from no one except the love from my family and wife,the rest I can take care of till I die.

The native people really think that even if they owned the park that this will change there lives and help the ones who struggle so much,no way

I have some very good native friends and we talk about there problems and the stuff they all agree on the fact that most chief's live hi on the hog while the rest struggle .Most of them don't even hunt,but yet the few that do make a big deal over getting 10 animals in a park, buy a tag an go shoot 10 like the rest of us native Canadians.

I hunted hard for 42 years and never missed a year when something never hit the ground ,i went 35 years in a row getting my moose along with many other animals,guided all across Canada where I could for fishing and hunting without a card,so how can I not be a native and why do I need to be re-introduced into nature,my soul is nature stamped into hard,i lived alone for decades with nature doing my work in forestry,never worked one day inside.The river of life only runs as fast as you want it to,in the end it all dries up and we all still end up the same mud hole card or no card and the clock keeps ticking forward and rewinding it to gain time back is not going to happen.
Wow!

I wish I could put that in my signature line, but there's too much there!!!!

Great pot.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:34 AM

Quote:

We could only hope that this type of attitude will someday trasplant itself into the rest of the native community. Well said!
Old 10-12-2017, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoseto View Post
And at some point, this silent majority will be the silent minority.
The one x factor I wonder about is what all these voting age new immigrants think of this. Many of them come here wanting things to be equal - so they can continue their traditions too. So I wonder what they'll think of their tax dollars going to the privileged with reckless abandon. Apologize for this apologize for that. Something we didn't do but we pay for. Apparently the only way to apologize is to give more privilege and money. The current system is broken
Well said.
Old 10-12-2017, 11:51 AM

Purhaps it is time that we become a Nation with in a Nation of people.

Let's plan a day that we can block off a hyw and demand that we want our rights back so we can be Canadian.

Rights to talk while we are eating.
The rights to walk around with our pants down around our knees.
A right shop on Sundays, and a right to be able to harvest critters on Crown lands so long as we hold the proper hunting certificate.

Hey wait a minute, somethings not adding up here.

Did I mention that we should protest for our rights as a Canadian.

Don
Old 10-12-2017, 12:10 PM

This is part of Justin Trudeau's "reset" of relationships with Canada's aboriginals. With this move he will get th "endearment" native vote and that of his far left constituency that voted him in last election and who's vote he needs to get re elected. The Kadr pay out and the successful obstruction of the pipeline east is all a part of this, believing he can get reelected by the left wing vote in 2019
Old 10-12-2017, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H380 View Post
Dont feel that way .. "SOMEONE" has to pay for their opportunities and lifestyle . Im sure they will use traditional equipment , stone points , stick bows and horses .. oh forgot the loin cloth . No camo required . And all of the kill will be used and none wasted . Those Boone and Crockett size animals are much tastier than a nontrophy meat animal .
horses were extinct in North America since the last ice age and were reintroduced by Europeans, so looks like it should be sticks and stone material only.
Old 10-12-2017, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Parsons View Post
Here I thought that those of us born here would be First Nations.

Its the only Nation I was born in, and where I grew up,,, this must be true.

They say those of us from the Eastern European are not from the Americas, how can this be true if all the continents were joined at one time.

I'm sure my grate grate grand Pappy "Ugg" was here long before the natives came here over the ice bridge from Europe,,, hey wait a minute,,, somethings not adding up here if history tells me so.

Home folks from Africa are not the First Nations People since they were the first of the first.

Oh boy, my pumpkin hurts trying to sort this one out.

Oh well, guess I'll have to stick to my little hole in the wall and try to make a go of it.

Tonight I plan on starting a movement of Second Nations of People,,, we will be responsible for everything bad and foot the bill for everything.

Hopefully we can have our own flag with a maple leaf and our national symbol will be a beaver.

Hey wait a minute,,, dam,,,, looks like another country called Canada beat us to it.

Hoo Hummm...

Back to the drawing board I guess.

Don
Well it's pretty clear that you if your ''First Nation'' or ''Last Nation'' you have all the rights.
IF your like most of us ''Middle Nation '' folk who were born here you get to carry the load.
Old 10-12-2017, 06:33 PM
Banned

JD- I love posts like yours where people take the high and mighty approach claiming they could utilize treaty rights but you choose not to.

Why wouldnt you? Even if it's just for your kids for grants/bursaries in school. There are countless reasons why you should. Your mom had 9 kids and you don't think she could have benefited or saved by "applying for your rights"?

I would guess out of your 9 brothers and sisters that some of you did post secondary. I guess there was no benefit in having some of your schooling paid for?

It makes zero financial sense for your family not to have utilized your treaty rights. There's nothing to be proud about by denying your children these rights and teaching them their history.

I'm at a loss for words why you think your better off by denying your children these rights you seem to be able to apply for.
Old 10-12-2017, 07:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryeguy21 View Post
JD- I love posts like yours where people take the high and mighty approach claiming they could utilize treaty rights but you choose not to.

Why wouldnt you? Even if it's just for your kids for grants/bursaries in school. There are countless reasons why you should. Your mom had 9 kids and you don't think she could have benefited or saved by "applying for your rights"?

I would guess out of your 9 brothers and sisters that some of you did post secondary. I guess there was no benefit in having some of your schooling paid for?

It makes zero financial sense for your family not to have utilized your treaty rights. There's nothing to be proud about by denying your children these rights and teaching them their history.

I'm at a loss for words why you think your better off by denying your children these rights you seem to be able to apply for.
Wow! I wish I could use this in my sig line but there's too much in there.

Congrats ryeguy, I am actually at a loss for words.

JD, why earn your keep when you can sponge off of others??? I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
Old 10-12-2017, 08:31 PM

I choose not to because my mother taught us that with the right hope for the future I could do anything no matter how hard life gets.I was pipelining for banister and other companies at a very young age,i was pulling in $90000 in 1979.

My daughter is a pharmacist and makes a very good living and so will her children.I choose to work in the bush most of my life and there were many bad times,but yet I pulled through and lived a very independent life taking orders from no one,it was my way or the highway.There's never been a time where I needed to take anything from anyone or any system that benefits me for my well being,i make that move and choice.
This hope has to be planted in you at a very young age and you can't get this from some card.
It's a fine woven tapestry that's imbedded in every fabric of my soul that could never be made by a card,my mother wove this tapestry very carefully so that no matter what life dealt me I would still go forwards without hesitation free with no one to say you made your life because of a card.
Every person has there own destiny ,you pick your path and roll with the punches and no one owes me anything.I was born with nothing and will leave this earth the same way,not even the card can change this destiny ,so why do I need it through out my life.I know where the sidewalk ends and the road begins and that's all I need to get by.chi-miigwech

Last edited by JD848; 10-12-2017 at 08:50 PM.
Old 10-12-2017, 08:36 PM

[QUOTE=JD848;3642556]I choose not to because my mother taught us that with the right hope for the future I could do anything no matter how hard life gets.I was pipelining for banister and other companies at a very young age,i was pulling in $90000 in 1979.

My daughter is a pharmacist and makes a very good living and so will her children.I choose to work in the bush most of my life and there were many bad times,but yet I pulled through and lived a very independent life taking orders from no one,it was my way or the highway.There's never been a time where I needed to take anything from anyone or any system that benefits me for my well being,i make that move and choice.
This hope has to be planted in you at a very young age and you can't get this from some card.
It's a fine woven tapestry that's imbedded in every fabric of my soul that could never be made by a card,my mother wove this tapestry very carefully so that no matter what life dealt me I would still go forwards without hesitation free with no one to say you made your life because of a card.
Every person has there own destiny ,you pick your path and roll with the punches and no one owes me anything.I was born with nothing and will leave this earth the same way,not even the card can change this destiny ,so why do I need it through out my life.I know where the sidewalk ends and the road begins and that's all I need to get by.chi-miigwech[/QUOTE) Well said !
Old 10-12-2017, 08:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
I choose not to because my mother taught us that with the right hope for the future I could do anything no matter how hard life gets.I was pipelining for banister and other companies at a very young age,i was pulling in $90000 in 1979.

Every person has there own destiny ,you pick your path and roll with the punches and no one owes me anything.I was born with nothing and will leave this earth the same way,not even the card can change this destiny ,so why do I need it through out my life.I know where the sidewalk ends and the road begins and that's all I need to get by.chi-miigwech
So you choose to ignore your heritage because you pick your own path? If your treaty why aren't you celebrating it instead of hiding from it? I've never seen so much ridiculousness ever.

You are who you are yet you seem to think not accepting your treaty rights makes you a better man. The last thing id teach my children is to hide who they are and to ignore their heritage like your mom and you think is the right thing to do.
Old 10-12-2017, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
It's well established that a many 1st nations purposely ignited fires to 'manage' the landscape - promote fresh grass to attract bison, remove forest improve moose browse, drive off enemies. Igniting wild fires was a 'traditional use'.

Our National Parks extensively use 'prescribed burns' to achieve their goals of ecological integrity (which now includes an aboriginal presence). Will this practise of setting forest fires be soon turned over to 1st nations?
What could go wrong with that?
Old 10-12-2017, 09:01 PM

Quote:
So you choose to ignore your heritage because you pick your own path? If your treaty why aren't you celebrating it instead of hiding from it? I've never seen so much ridiculousness ever.

You are who you are yet you seem to think not accepting your treaty rights makes you a better man. The last thing id teach my children is to hide who they are and to ignore their heritage like your mom and you think is the right thing to do.
Sounds to me like he realises that the measure of a man is not what he is given by others but rather what he earns for himself.

Its called morals - he is standing up against the systemic racism that divides people based on their culture and race.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:03 PM

Quote:

You think he's hiding who he is?
Amazing, I think the total opposite. He sounds like a proud Canadian that remembers where he came from and honors the lessons of his mother, much like myself.
He also sounds like a guy I'd invite around my fire any day.
Yourself? Well, I'd be worried you'd try to evict me out of the woods and off of 'your' land.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:05 PM
Banned

Quote:

By earning his keep he is denying his heritage?

Has living off of others for so long now become your heritage? I'm glad you decided to contribute today..... more than ever.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:21 PM

Quote:

No one was or is hiding from nothing ,I no more about my heritage than you think , I lived it all of my life.Where do you get off thinking I thought I was better than some one by not getting this deal.I choose my own life right or wrong and that's the way it is.Plus my mother never hid her heritage from no one,watch where your going without any know how about other people,your out of line on this statement big time.

My grandchildren well always know there heritage and proud of it,a card doesn't define who you are or what's inside you or how you live or your heritage,your manners are very thin,so I will end this thread for myself.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:52 PM

Quote:

No where did he say he’s hiding from his heritage. He’s just not using the system but instead earning what is his. Reading your posts I can guarantee you’ll earn no respect here. JD on the other hand...well just read the posts from every one else who’s out there working for what they have. My hat is off to JD.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJS View Post
No where did he say he’s hiding from his heritage. He’s just not using the system but instead earning what is his. Reading your posts I can guarantee you’ll earn no respect here. JD on the other hand...well just read the posts from every one else who’s out there working for what they have. My hat is off to JD.
Yep be welcome in my camp for a cup of joe anytime.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:20 PM

Nice post JD and what a good out look on balancing career family and heritage proves it can be done. If you have a card or don't have a card you are who you are and that isn't going to change.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:45 PM
Banned

I just got off the phone with JD, and if you think he was awesome from his post, all I can say is you should talk with him in person! What an awesome MAN.

An outdoorsman to the core, and someone most on this forum should look up to and aspire to be.

Been there, done that, should be his motto, but he's too humble.

Canadian to the core and someone most should use as a role model.
Old 10-12-2017, 11:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJS View Post
Kudos for JD and all he's accomplished. He's certainly not alone. My wife is metis and has done more schooling then most out there. Her family is no different in what they've accomplished... her mother was squatting on land to survive as a kid. Its safe to say there's no poorer family one could come from.

That didn't stop her mom from raising a beautiful family with 6 kids with accomplished careers. Here's the kicker though.. my wife is proud of her heritage. Proud of her people.. She would never talk down on others to make her feel better.

Most importantly no ones ever called her a racist when talking about her family, friends or heritage. If your getting confused by people as a racist for your own heritage then its safe to assume your not as proud of your heritage as you think you are.
Old 10-12-2017, 11:40 PM

There's being proud of your heritage then there's expecting monetary gain and privilege because of your heritage. If I demanded that, I'd be called a racist. How is that different when someone else demands it?
JD doesn't say anything that sounds like he isn't proud of his heritage. On the contrary; he sounds like someone proud of who he is and self respecting enough to contribute to the lives of others.
My only question is, where are the others just like him? Why is it that when "these threads" come up, no one else in his shoes speaks up? I guarantee he's isn't alone.
JD, thanks for your perspective
Old 10-13-2017, 06:51 AM

JD848, I applaud you. Never once have you bragged about your stance or spoken down to anyone on this thread. Your roll up the sleeves attitude is what many of our forefathers brought to this land, and together made Canada what it is today. Good on you. If you are in the Edmonton area, shoot me a pm and you can share my truck for a bird hunt.
Old 10-13-2017, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Kudos for JD and all he's accomplished. He's certainly not alone. My wife is metis and has done more schooling then most out there. Her family is no different in what they've accomplished... her mother was squatting on land to survive as a kid. Its safe to say there's no poorer family one could come from.

That didn't stop her mom from raising a beautiful family with 6 kids with accomplished careers. Here's the kicker though.. my wife is proud of her heritage. Proud of her people.. She would never talk down on others to make her feel better.

Most importantly no ones ever called her a racist when talking about her family, friends or heritage. If your getting confused by people as a racist for your own heritage then its safe to assume your not as proud of your heritage as you think you are.
The only person confused in this thread is you my friend. Read all of JDs posts and tell me where it says he’s not proud of his heritage? JD sets an example for every one out there no matter what colour the skin. Like I said earlier, just keep reading the rest of the posts here....respect is what JD is going to get here.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed View Post
Yep be welcome in my camp for a cup of joe anytime.
X2.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:40 AM

Quote:
No one was or is hiding from nothing ,I no more about my heritage than you think , I lived it all of my life.Where do you get off thinking I thought I was better than some one by not getting this deal.I choose my own life right or wrong and that's the way it is.Plus my mother never hid her heritage from no one,watch where your going without any know how about other people,your out of line on this statement big time.

My grandchildren well always know there heritage and proud of it,a card doesn't define who you are or what's inside you or how you live or your heritage,your manners are very thin,so I will end this thread for myself.
Thanks for the level headed comments you did offer. Need more folks like yourself around here.
Closed Thread