Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-26-2017, 01:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
You can agree or disagree with Trudeau's policies (I disagree with most), but it strikes me narrow minded to disparage his previous occupation as a teacher. I don't believe any one occupational group is the only one that can produce a leader. That position should be open to smart people from any walk of life. Harper didn't own a business, he was a lifelong "Politico". Klein didn't own a business. He was a TV reporter for goodness sake. Ernest Manning was a preacher. Lester Pearson was a civil servant in external affairs.
I'm not disparaging the teaching occupation at all. I respect the occupation as very important. It's more to the fact that people are critical of Trump as entitled then ignore the entitlement of Trudeau.
Old 05-26-2017, 01:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
You can agree or disagree with Trudeau's policies (I disagree with most), but it strikes me narrow minded to disparage his previous occupation as a teacher. I don't believe any one occupational group is the only one that can produce a leader. That position should be open to smart people from any walk of life. Harper didn't own a business, he was a lifelong "Politico". Klein didn't own a business. He was a TV reporter for goodness sake. Ernest Manning was a preacher. Lester Pearson was a civil servant in external affairs.
Trudeau was not even a full time teacher, he was a part time drama teacher. Guess you are not interested in having someone leading the country that has any experience or education in business or economics. I sure am.

At least Harper graduated with a bachelor's degree in economics and then went on to graduate with a master's degree in economics.

Trudeau is clueless, unless you consider knowledge on how to apply theatrical makeup a valuable skill.
Old 05-26-2017, 01:49 PM

[QUOTE=fargineyesore;3548528]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wags View Post

Actually no, I didn't know he taught Math and French. So I'll stand corrected there and amend my statement to: He's hardly worked a day in his life compared to most people, especially Trump. I don't believe he was a teacher all that long was he?

Has he ever run a successful business? To be critical of Trump and call him entitled is funny when you look at Trudeau.
I don't know exactly, but i believe he was a teacher for 7 years. As for running a successful business, I'm only aware of the non-profit organization he ran I mentioned earlier - unfortunately, their funding was cut under the Harper government.
Old 05-26-2017, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 338 Rules View Post
Trudeau was not even a full time teacher, he was a part time drama teacher. Guess you are not interested in having someone leading the country that has any experience or education in business or economics. I sure am.

At least Harper graduated with a bachelor's degree in economics and then went on to graduate with a master's degree in economics.

Trudeau is clueless, unless you consider knowledge on how to apply theatrical makeup a valuable skill.
Actually, he was. Taught math and french full time. He was a substitute drama teacher out of school. I think you'll find many students coming out of teaching school take on substitution jobs until a position opens up.

Cheers
Old 05-26-2017, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Now this here is just funny. Are you sure it's 70%? Not like 72% or 68%. Is there actually stats recorded on when daddy's give their spoiled little boys a bank of money to go out into the world? C'mon man.
Stats on lottery winners. I'm sure it varies by a percent or two regionally.

C'mon man...

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

Survivor of the dread covid
Pureblood!
Old 05-26-2017, 01:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Actually, he was. Taught math and french full time. He was a substitute drama teacher out of school. I think you'll find many students coming out of teaching school take on substitution jobs until a position opens up.

Cheers
BIG DEAL!

At least in Drama School he did learn how to cry on cue, which comes in handy for Liberals
Old 05-26-2017, 02:02 PM

1999 – 2002: Teaches drama, French, English, social studies, and math at Vancouver’s West Point Grey Academy and Sir Winston Churchill Secondary School.
2002: Starts engineering degree at Montreal’s École Polytechnique, but quits in 2004.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fargineyesore View Post
Yeah, like, "budgets balance themselves" and "if you kill your enemy, you lose" and his antics in Question Period where he refuses to answer questions is a real great leadership quality.
"Not to get all scientificy but we're going to have to revisit concepts like space and time...."

Pureblood!
Old 05-26-2017, 02:17 PM

edited

Last edited by Okotokian; 05-26-2017 at 02:28 PM.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
That's the best you can do when you are proven wrong? LOL Why not just put your hands over your ears and chant Nyah Nyah Nyah Nyah Nyah I can't hear you! I can't hear you!!!!
Proven wrong??

My point was that he has ZERO experience or education in either business or economics.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Proven wrong??

My point was that he has ZERO experience or education in either business or economics.
yes, wrong. You said his experience was as a part time drama teacher. You had no clue as to what his actual experience was.

And Klein had no experience in business or economics. Your contention is totally invalid. In plain English, plain wrong.

You are entitled to your opinions They just seem to be rarely based on fact. Sorry. Cheers.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Proven wrong??

No what you said was " Trudeau was not even a full time teacher, "
and that was false as its been proven, he was a full time teacher.

Stand by your statements.

MAC

Save time... see it my way
Old 05-26-2017, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC View Post

yeah... that ain't gonna happen.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:38 PM
Banned

Quote:

MAC
Big deal, so he was a drop out in engineering and settled to be a teacher, if that makes you happy good on you guys.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Big deal, so he was a drop out in engineering and settled to be a teacher, if that makes you happy good on you guys.
Its not about me or you being happy. All the Trump cheerleaders rant about fake news and yet when you perpetuate it. Phwph its no big deal.
Acknowledge when wrong in dicussions and it will be much more cordial and factual. Making for a much better conversation.

MAC

Save time... see it my way
Old 05-26-2017, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alta270 View Post
Yes, the USA is doing so well economically and fiscally

US debt to GDP ratio? (lower is better) 104.17
Germany? 68.30
France? 96.00
Sweden? 41.60
Britain? 89.30

Who is drowning in debt? I know the facts don't fit your narrative, but at least try and be accurate.
Cherry picking stats though. Why did you forget Italy and Greece?
http://www.debtclocks.eu/public-debt...er-states.html

also maybe you missed this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...PP)_per_capita
Old 05-26-2017, 02:53 PM
Banned

Justin's student reviews and their opinions, makes me happier now lol

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/10...n_8372502.html

I stand by what I said, notice he was a substitute teacher?

In any case, IMO we are screwed!
Old 05-26-2017, 03:25 PM

Quote:
I don't think that anyone is disparaging the profession. Just that his accomplishments seem a little underwhelming. Especially given who we had in before.

I believe that any political office should be a true meritocracy. And Mr. Harper had the education, intelligence and the background.

And if it came right down to it I would rather see you in there before Trulander.

Don't let it get to your head, I essentially set the bar on the floor. Lol. ?

Pureblood!
Old 05-26-2017, 04:21 PM

Is Justin a strong leader? Is Justin knowledgeable about economics? Is Justin a strong negotiator? Does he have anything worthwhile to say regarding Islamic terrorists, immigration or economic reform? No?

He has nice socks.

That's really what everyone looks for in a leader.
Old 05-26-2017, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Lever View Post
Just that his accomplishments seem a little underwhelming.
Hey, I'm more underwhelmed by his accomplishments since he has taken office than before. Heck, he might have been a half decent teacher. LOL
Old 05-26-2017, 04:56 PM
Banned

How the rest of the world views Trump, is this thread?

People have posted here that Trump is the laughing Stock of the world. I humbly submit that we are the laughing stock of the world.

I can guarantee you that Trump will eat Justin alive faster then he eats a cupcake from his favorite bakery on 5th Avenue.

Justin Trudeau? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 05-26-2017, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alta270 View Post
Yes, the USA is doing so well economically and fiscally

US debt to GDP ratio? (lower is better) 104.17
Germany? 68.30
France? 96.00
Sweden? 41.60
Britain? 89.30

Who is drowning in debt? I know the facts don't fit your narrative, but at least try and be accurate.
Whoa ......... don't start with the Trump supporter and present actual facts. They are not used to accepting those.

They are too used to lapping up all the BS spouting from Trump.

Last edited by EZM; 05-26-2017 at 05:28 PM.
Old 05-26-2017, 05:15 PM

[QUOTE=wags;3548514]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fargineyesore View Post
A part-time drama teacher, for how long? Trudeau never had to work for anything. Trump, while set up by his father, has been involved for decades in building businesses, employing thousands of people, has a lot more "life" experience than Trudeau.

You're not seriously going to tell me that Trudeau has accomplished as much s Trump are you?[/QUOTE]

I did not say anything like that at all, you said Trudeau never worked a day in his life or ran a business. I was merely pointing out you were incorrect.

On top of being a substitute drama teacher (see the difference?) he was also a permanent French and Math teacher. But you already knew that

Cheers
Slow down - you are bringing more facts into an argument here - stop it .... lol
Old 05-26-2017, 05:17 PM

Quote:

Cheers
You are ruin all the lies here .... again presenting facts !!!!! how dare you.

This thing called "the truth" isn't familiar to Trump (or his followers).

lol
Old 05-26-2017, 05:21 PM

Quote:
yes, wrong. You said his experience was as a part time drama teacher. You had no clue as to what his actual experience was.

And Klein had no experience in business or economics. Your contention is totally invalid. In plain English, plain wrong.

You are entitled to your opinions They just seem to be rarely based on fact. Sorry. Cheers.
And now you are getting into to it too? Presenting facts?

Some crazy Trump worshipping bull-crap gorging ult right's head is going to explode here if you keep doing that !!!!

Lies are so much easier aren't they?
Old 05-26-2017, 05:22 PM

Quote:

MAC
We are having a buffet here - so why not join in?
Old 05-26-2017, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_Wagon View Post
Is Justin a strong leader? Is Justin knowledgeable about economics? Is Justin a strong negotiator? Does he have anything worthwhile to say regarding Islamic terrorists, immigration or economic reform? No?

He has nice socks.

That's really what everyone looks for in a leader.
Yeah I do like his socks - not on me of course - I wouldn't wear those - but they do look pretty with his nice hair too.
Old 05-26-2017, 05:27 PM

Quote:
How the rest of the world views Trump, is this thread?

People have posted here that Trump is the laughing Stock of the world. I humbly submit that we are the laughing stock of the world.

I can guarantee you that Trump will eat Justin alive faster then he eats a cupcake from his favorite bakery on 5th Avenue.

Justin Trudeau? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
He probably could, he would rudely push little kids from Montenegro aside and insert his fat butt up to the front of the line and push that cupcake down and chew it with real Vigour.

It might be the only few seconds his mouth would be moving where there weren't lies spilling from it.
Old 05-26-2017, 05:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
He probably could, he would rudely push little kids from Montenegro aside and insert his fat butt up to the front of the line and push that cupcake down and chew it with real Vigour.

It might be the only few seconds his mouth would be moving where there weren't lies spilling from it.
EZM, you are a dedicated liberal right? Can't handle the truth can you?
Old 05-26-2017, 06:29 PM

Quote:
EZM, you are a dedicated liberal right? Can't handle the truth can you?

Are you really asking ME about MY ability to handle the truth????

Why don't you just scroll up and see WHO got lit up (by a few contributors) for not telling the truth.

Don't destroy the last shred of credibility you might have left with a few people.

Last edited by EZM; 05-26-2017 at 06:49 PM.