Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 05-12-2009, 10:02 PM

Default pigs

might be heading out s of whitecourt , has anyone had any luck lately ?
Old 05-12-2009, 10:06 PM

Default go for a fence hunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetail160 View Post
might be heading out s of whitecourt , has anyone had any luck lately ?
ive covered 500km looking all winter and even hopes of seeing one while bear hunting i regret not paying for a bow hunt at hog wild as ive spent half the price in gas already but hey it was still fun looking. ive set my sights on the saskwatch now.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:16 AM
redgreen

Default Hog Wild Specialties

I sure have heard more stories about putting on hundreds of miles and no results for pigs. We have a group of four sometimes five that go to Earl and Deb Hagmans "Hog Wild Specilties"every year for I think we've been there five times. They have a guest cabin, will prepare all meals and we usually go up there on a Friday and come back on Sunday. They put on a fantastic hunt and it is an excellent place to gain weight with the meals.This is a so called "canned" hunt but let me tell you it's not for the faint at heart!!! The larger pigs are not only difficult to locate and get a shot but the chanceds of getting charged by one is very high. This year we had a rookie with us and we kept telling him to be careful. Of course he thought we were pulling his leg until it happened. I think he believes us now. After the hunt was over I noticed he drank his first glass of rum quite quickly!! Anyway if you want an action packed hog hunt that's the place!!! Wild boar is excellent eating as well.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgreen View Post
I sure have heard more stories about putting on hundreds of miles and no results for pigs. We have a group of four sometimes five that go to Earl and Deb Hagmans "Hog Wild Specilties"every year for I think we've been there five times. They have a guest cabin, will prepare all meals and we usually go up there on a Friday and come back on Sunday. They put on a fantastic hunt and it is an excellent place to gain weight with the meals.This is a so called "canned" hunt but let me tell you it's not for the faint at heart!!! The larger pigs are not only difficult to locate and get a shot but the chanceds of getting charged by one is very high. This year we had a rookie with us and we kept telling him to be careful. Of course he thought we were pulling his leg until it happened. I think he believes us now. After the hunt was over I noticed he drank his first glass of rum quite quickly!! Anyway if you want an action packed hog hunt that's the place!!! Wild boar is excellent eating as well.
Do they have a new website? It appears the links on the old one I had are dead. We have been thinking of going for a couple years now.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:10 PM

There is going to be a show on called Pig Bomb I believe this Sunday at 7 or 8on Discovery. It is about the pig problem in the USA. The commercial shows a guy being charged and sent flying by a big pig.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:22 PM

Hog Wild Specialties
Box 1209
Mayerthorpe AB TOE 1N0
Tel: 780-786-4627 Fax: 780-786-4627
Toll Free: 1-888-668-9453

Last edited by bluther2; 05-13-2009 at 12:29 PM. Reason: dead link
Old 05-15-2009, 10:55 PM

and a away we go ,hopefully will have some luck
Old 05-16-2009, 12:31 AM

Heres the link for their website. http://www.hogwild.ab.ca/ Earl and Deb are good people, been neighbours to them for ten years now.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:09 AM

hey does anybody have the contact info for the F&W people in the parkland county/ lac st anne county. My brothers and I are thinking of killing some time looking for the pigs out there and we just need to be pointed in the direction of people who would give us permission to hunt on their land.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:36 AM
Banned

F&W has nothing to do with the wild boar problem. Contact the County Ag Fieldman for the County of Lac Ste. Anne. Here is some info.

http://www.gov.lacsteanne.ab.ca/inde...d=17&Itemid=15

Link on that page about the wild boar in the area.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:43 PM

Thanks for the info