Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-09-2016, 10:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimPS View Post
Many wealthy Republican Cruze and Bush supporters are so fearful that Trump will end their military-industrial complex gravy train that they are now giving millions dollars to Clinton's campaign.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016...arys-campaign/
I've never been much of a conspiracy guy, but it sure makes a fella think when you see all these so-called conservatives crapping themselves at the thought of an outsider that can't be bought running the show.

Sure highlights how much influence peddling goes on in governments on both sides of the pile.

The more panic I see at the thought of Trump getting in makes me want him to win even more. I can't help but think that thought is going to be resonating with an awful lot of American voters as well. (from both sides of the political spectrum) I wonder how many Sanders supporters Trump will pick up vs how many will go to Hillary.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
I've never been much of a conspiracy guy, but it sure makes a fella think when you see all these so-called conservatives crapping themselves at the thought of an outsider that can't be bought running the show.

Sure highlights how much influence peddling goes on in governments on both sides of the pile.

The more panic I see at the thought of Trump getting in makes me want him to win even more. I can't help but think that thought is going to be resonating with an awful lot of American voters as well. (from both sides of the political spectrum) I wonder how many Sanders supporters Trump will pick up vs how many will go to Hillary.
For sure - you're being way too liberal, politically correct and outdated calling it "influence peddling". That was something Lyin' Brian Mulroney did.

The systems is corrupt and rotten to the core. That's why Trump's strategy resonates with a lot of folks.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
For sure - you're being way too liberal, politically correct and outdated calling it "influence peddling". That was something Lyin' Brian Mulroney did.

The systems is corrupt and rotten to the core. That's why Trump's strategy resonates with a lot of folks.
There is a difference between what people think they know, and reality. Trump is playing on what people think they know. That makes him dishonest from the get go.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:30 AM
Banned

Old 05-10-2016, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
There is a difference between what people think they know, and reality. Trump is playing on what people think they know. That makes him dishonest from the get go.
.... that makes him a master at creating and using propaganda to achieve his purposes and goals.

All the spin doctors behind the scenes, in both the Democratic and Republican parties, can't even come close to what he does. They can only wish for his ability.

I have to wonder if The Donald took some historical lessons from one Mr. Goebbels. His boss was a pretty good showman, too.

I find it very healthy and refreshing to see the "old guard" in full panic mode.
Old 05-10-2016, 11:20 AM

Noone who actually knows Donald Trump is worried. He is not stupid. He will never run in the general election based on the policies that won him the primaries. He would be stupid to as he would get crushed. America (and Canada) are centre left countries. All the polling on social issues and even economic issues shows that. He will move to the left of centre in the coming months and attack hillary on WS money and Iraq war. He has already flip flopped on minimum wage and higher taxes and I expect him to change the rest of his positions in the coming months. He will go back to where the republicans have historically been and that is centre/centre left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post

Old 05-10-2016, 11:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
.... that makes him a master at creating and using propaganda to achieve his purposes and goals.

All the spin doctors behind the scenes, in both the Democratic and Republican parties, can't even come close to what he does. They can only wish for his ability.

I have to wonder if The Donald took some historical lessons from one Mr. Goebbels. His boss was a pretty good showman, too.

I find it very healthy and refreshing to see the "old guard" in full panic mode.
That comparison is more than appropriate.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:50 PM

Quote:
That comparison is more than appropriate.
The Modus Operandi may be an accurate comparison but the ideology is somewhat different - wait a minute - Lets Make America Great Again - has a nice ring to it.

I still like seeing the establishment squirm.
Old 05-10-2016, 01:17 PM

The choices are so bad that George W. would win in a landslide if he ran as an independent now.

Marshall McLuhan
Old 05-10-2016, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Many wealthy Republican Cruze and Bush supporters are so fearful that Trump will end their military-industrial complex gravy train that they are now giving millions dollars to Clinton's campaign.
They aren't worried he will derail the military industrial gravy train. He's promised to "Make America Great Again" And to give the military lots of "good guns and great stuff, the best stuff ever in the history of the world" and also get tough with China and Russia. I'm pretty sure he isn't running on cutting Pentagon budgets. No, they are just worried he'll lose, so they want to buy influence with the likely winner.

Trump's a hypocrite and a nut. And I kinda hope he gets elected. It would be fun to watch.
Old 05-10-2016, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
They aren't worried he will derail the military industrial gravy train. He's promised to "Make America Great Again" And to give the military lots of "good guns and great stuff, the best stuff ever in the history of the world" and also get tough with China and Russia. I'm pretty sure he isn't running on cutting Pentagon budgets. No, they are just worried he'll lose, so they want to buy influence with the likely winner.

Trump's a hypocrite and a nut. And I kinda hope he gets elected. It would be fun to watch.
Trump will just replace the old gray gravy trainers with new gravy trainers. Maybe he'll actually get a better bang for the military buck - for a while.

It is fun to watch - too bad it's all so god damned serious.

Last edited by JimPS; 05-10-2016 at 02:30 PM.
Old 05-10-2016, 04:31 PM

Remember, "He aint init for the money."
Old 05-10-2016, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golferac View Post
Noone who actually knows Donald Trump is worried. He is not stupid. He will never run in the general election based on the policies that won him the primaries. He would be stupid to as he would get crushed. America (and Canada) are centre left countries. All the polling on social issues and even economic issues shows that. He will move to the left of centre in the coming months and attack hillary on WS money and Iraq war. He has already flip flopped on minimum wage and higher taxes and I expect him to change the rest of his positions in the coming months. He will go back to where the republicans have historically been and that is centre/centre left.

Ding Ding Ding.
Remember this post because everyone will be repeating it soon.
And his polling against Clinton will just get higher and higher with every policy direction change. The people hate the establishment and wall street and they think since Trump knows every little loophole he will roll over on the top one percent.
It's not a guess. It's an observation a fact if you will, and the ball is rolling.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:40 PM
Banned

http://polling.reuters.com/#poll/TM6...60510/type/day

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...ania/84173448/

That didn't take long.
Old 05-11-2016, 11:26 AM
Banned

And the Trump Train continues to garner support from all corners of the world. Now Indian Hindus are praying to their gods for a Trump win!!

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/73ce6...in-us-election

Donald Trump may find it tough to get Republican leaders behind his campaign, but he's got some faraway fans trying to get the gods on his side.

Around a dozen members of a right-wing Indian Hindu group lit a ritual fire and chanted mantras Wednesday asking the Hindu gods to help Trump win the U.S. presidential election.

"The whole world is screaming against Islamic terrorism, and even India is not safe from it," said Vishnu Gupta, founder of the Hindu Sena nationalist group. "Only Donald Trump can save humanity."
Old 05-11-2016, 11:45 AM

Quote:

Lol! I know this is a derail.....but I can't resist. That sentiment in bold could be applied word for word to the global warming crowd!
Old 05-11-2016, 03:17 PM

Polls to date really mean very little as the candidates have yet to start running the campaigns against the other parties. It is unimaginable that when the Republicans start going after the Clintons aggressively that Hillary's dislike numbers will not grow.
She claims to be the champion of women voters, but significantly defended a rapist, and enabled a serial sex abuser (her husband). Her (mis)handling of classified materials is coming to light ever so slowly, and the Clinton foundation corruption details are also making their way into the main stream media. Even with the usual soft coverage she enjoys, all of these things will start to gain weight when Trump starts using them as fodder to counter her allegations that he is a misogynist or that she is a better choice in any respect.
The election is far from over and will be entertaining as hell.
Old 05-11-2016, 06:38 PM
Banned

Just heard the most interesting poll on the radio (still in Florida until the end of the month).

Wish I could pull the details of who conducted it, but I caught it too late. At any rate, they were comparing who would you trust more or what would you prefer to Trump.

Used car sales men were trusted more than Trump, people would rather serve on a jury than vote Trump and rather get head lice than have Trump as president. Not sure if this was a serious poll or not, but Trump trusted less than used car salesmen I thought was telling.
Old 05-11-2016, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Not sure if this was a serious poll or not,
Ummmm, ya.... Sounds like a very serious poll... Lol
Old 05-11-2016, 07:34 PM
Banned

All trumps shenanigans remind of the late Ralph Klein, at least he has an opinion and doesn't go around kissin everyone's a--es like Trudeau the professional Muslim-sack-sucker and Hilary oh what's she famous for? Oh that's right her husband cheated on her with an intern in the same house!! Other than that she's just a female version of Trudeau, with one exception she likes Mexicans! I'd pick trump hands down. Hahahahahahhahahahahah.......
Old 05-11-2016, 07:34 PM
Banned

This just in. People find politicians untrustworthy.
Old 05-11-2016, 07:55 PM

At least Trump was never a murder suspect, same can't be said about the clintons.
Old 05-12-2016, 08:23 AM

Thumbs up People would like change let him do it!

All Trumps shenanigans remind of the late Ralph Klein, too at least he has an opinion with a back bone to back it up and doesn't go around kissin everyone's ass like Trudeau, I'd pick Trump hands down!!. Man do i miss KING RALPH!
Old 05-12-2016, 08:37 AM

Quote:

Used car sales men were trusted more than Trump, people would rather serve on a jury than vote Trump and rather get head lice than have Trump as president. Not sure if this was a serious poll or not, but Trump trusted less than used car salesmen I thought was telling.
I feel the same way about Justin, and look what happened....
Old 05-12-2016, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sask View Post
Isn't that the truth.

Record turnout and support for Trump. Called democracy.

Trump is not THE problem, he is a symptom of the problem. So when the GOP ,Hillary, and others point at Trump they should look in the mirror.

Canadians don't need to criticize Trump and the US system after what they elected in 2015
You are exactly right.
Old 05-12-2016, 01:39 PM

I like what Trump is stirring up down there,but, I still can't really see what he can really accomplish with the "policies" he has expounded upon. Saying it all now and getting it done when in Gov't are two very different things. His own party could easily foil anything he wants to do, even if he gets in, assuming they get the votes, to put them in a position of control over both houses.
If one house is democrat controlled, he is out of luck in my view. Pretty good chance he will learn a lot of very hard lessons.
Old 05-12-2016, 06:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32-40win View Post
I like what Trump is stirring up down there,but, I still can't really see what he can really accomplish with the "policies" he has expounded upon. Saying it all now and getting it done when in Gov't are two very different things. His own party could easily foil anything he wants to do, even if he gets in, assuming they get the votes, to put them in a position of control over both houses.
If one house is democrat controlled, he is out of luck in my view. Pretty good chance he will learn a lot of very hard lessons.
I think Trump should remember that if Obama taught us anything, it's that everything is subject to executive action.