Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-17-2016, 06:52 PM

Default Barrhead Morinville Westlock PC association

Coffee shop news is that their was an illegal meeting held yesterday and they voted in a new executive without due process and quorum requirements. does anyone know anything about this or was anyone there?
Old 03-17-2016, 07:10 PM

This?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmont...ment-1.3486202

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmont...ince-1.3496446
Old 03-17-2016, 08:29 PM

So...the Current provincial government believes it is appropriate to remove elected members of govt , based on a petition signed by 800 members who felt voters remorse, and for using public funds to control the media....

While I agree that the public should be able to initiate a recall...I thought the prov govt was against this sort of thing when it pertains to them? And didn't they kick the rebel out of public venues? I honestly can't believe the parallel can be this glaring....

I am responding to the link in post two...I am not sure about the OPs question.
Old 03-17-2016, 08:42 PM

No, this is another poop show. I'm looking for info on the PCs gam year day held in Westlock and wether it was legal or not.
Old 03-17-2016, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreya3212 View Post
So...the Current provincial government believes it is appropriate to remove elected members of govt , based on a petition signed by 800 members who felt voters remorse, and for using public funds to control the media....

While I agree that the public should be able to initiate a recall...I thought the prov govt was against this sort of thing when it pertains to them? And didn't they kick the rebel out of public venues? I honestly can't believe the parallel can be this glaring....

I am responding to the link in post two...I am not sure about the OPs question.
Under the legislation, municipal affairs are required to hold a review or enquiry based on a petition, they then engage an independent company to conduct the review, what they found at thorhild county was frankly shocking, think companies being awarded contracts that you used to work for or perhaps your spouse still does......
Old 03-18-2016, 01:12 AM

The Redwater review newspaper has reported on the issues in Thorhild County quite diligently for the past while if anyone is interested. Supposed to be a court date tomorrow as the affected councillors had an injunction to their removal.
Sorry to the OP as this is off topic
Old 03-18-2016, 01:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Farmer View Post
Coffee shop news is that their was an illegal meeting held yesterday and they voted in a new executive without due process and quorum requirements. does anyone know anything about this or was anyone there?
This is Wildrose country. I'm not sure what would be illegal about any internal vote that a non-governing party makes. Perhaps something that goes against party policy?
Old 03-18-2016, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opalsasquatch View Post
The Redwater review newspaper has reported on the issues in Thorhild County quite diligently for the past while if anyone is interested. Supposed to be a court date tomorrow as the affected councillors had an injunction to their removal.
Sorry to the OP as this is off topic
No worries, it is also an important issue.
Old 03-18-2016, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
This is Wildrose country. I'm not sure what would be illegal about any internal vote that a non-governing party makes. Perhaps something that goes against party policy?
Hahaha, from the rumour I heard, a small group of members held a meeting without proper notification to membership and elected a new executive, if true I wouldn't be surprised, just another nail going in hard in a constituency that was die hard PC.