Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-05-2016, 05:17 PM
Banned

Default Do you still have your collectables ?

Do you still have some of your collectables from your childhood ? I was just looking on line at what some of the things I had as a young man are worth now days and I think if I'd of saved them all I'd be able to retire. I still have my fake 9mm with cap magazine a few comic books and the original melinium falcon with action figures. A lot of the stuff I had was sold or given away to good friends such as wolverine number one I gave to my good bud beef Olson. And I did have a knife that my parents took away from me I've been looking for another like it for ever. No luck of coarse..
Old 03-05-2016, 05:20 PM
Banned

I have over 1000 hockey cards,Gretrzky messier,Jager,Coffee, and many more rookie cards.Alot of big dollar rare cards all in sealed displays.
Old 03-05-2016, 05:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumoPerchWrestling View Post
I have over 1000 hockey cards,Gretrzky messier,Jager,Coffee, and many more rookie cards.Alot of big dollar rare cards all in sealed displays.
Let's see them. I have millions of dollars to spend on the right cards.
Old 03-05-2016, 05:58 PM
Banned

It's funny how some things never change, my larami berreta in full size with out flouresant tip was recently taken away from my son by my wife, just as it was taken away from me
Old 03-05-2016, 06:10 PM
Banned

I was seven...and with my allowance I bought the first issue of the Fantastic Four in 1961.
But I read the crap out of it and it bit the dust many years ago. But that and other comic books I had...if I'd only know what they would be worth in the future.
Oh well...they fired the imagination of this seven year old.
Old 03-05-2016, 06:45 PM

Default old stuff

I still have my Meccano and my fire truck.
Old 03-05-2016, 06:51 PM

I had the Esso Hockey book filled with the original 6 NHL teams. This was from back about 1968 or maybe a bit before that. Ex wouldn't give it back and I think she destroyed it. I know I had been offered 1000 for it a couple years before the divorce.
Old 03-05-2016, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumoPerchWrestling View Post
I had a ton of hockey cards as a kid and when I got married and moved out I gave them all to a nephew that was to young to knew better and wrecked them all, I know I had 4 Bobby Orr rookie cards in there.. Sure would like to have them back now.
Old 03-05-2016, 06:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter1234 View Post
I had a ton of hockey cards as a kid and when I got married and moved out I gave them all to a nephew that was to young to knew better and wrecked them all, I know I had 4 Bobby Orr rookie cards in there.. Sure would like to have them back now.
the collection I have was started by my step dad back in the 70's,I have been thinking of going through them and maybe selling.I haven't looked at them in 10yrs or more.
Old 03-05-2016, 07:21 PM
Banned

Default First generation

Millennium falcon and an xwing fighter.
Old 03-05-2016, 08:49 PM

I have an entire set of 1963 - 49 hockey cards [stars on ice?] that my dad bought when I played peewee hockey. They sat in his safe deposit box and now live in my gun cabinet. They have seen the light of day maybe 3 or 4 times since they were new.....
Old 03-05-2016, 08:56 PM

I have almost every Big Buck magazine from '92 to present. Not valuable but nice to thumb through.
Old 03-05-2016, 09:24 PM

Have a lot of cards from the early 60's
Hockey baseball CFL

Old 03-05-2016, 09:26 PM

Have a lot of cards from the early 60's
Hockey baseball CFL
Hunting and fishing regs since 1966 to present
Esso Minor Hockey books from 1980
Old 03-05-2016, 09:28 PM

Issue #13 of deadpool! And a bunch of hot wheels cars.
Old 03-05-2016, 09:29 PM

I have about 200 "Mountie" quarters from '73. Kept every one I got in change for a few years back in the 70's. I also have a small tin box of real silver coins that I collected when I was a kid. I also still have a decent Korean made flat top guitar I bought in 1975 when I was in high school.

Nothing really "collectable",...just old stuff I've had for years.
Old 03-05-2016, 10:56 PM

yes, but i'm only 19 so it isn't worth anything yet.
Old 03-05-2016, 11:38 PM

A have an electric solenoid motor that my father built when he was a teenager in shop, and a mint 1958 Eatons Christmas catalogue my mother had kept. In a small box that shows up occasionally, I have a picture of a girlfriend that she gave to me in grade 5, my original social insurance card in two pieces, the mating gold earring I wore in my early 30s, and what I believe to be the key to my first vehicle, a 67 mustang fastback. When I get rid of all my **** I have today, I hope to still have these items.
Old 03-06-2016, 12:49 AM

1972 Olympic silver coins.
Some of the Tonka toys from my childhood.
Old 03-06-2016, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsundance View Post
I had the Esso Hockey book filled with the original 6 NHL teams. This was from back about 1968 or maybe a bit before that. Ex wouldn't give it back and I think she destroyed it. I know I had been offered 1000 for it a couple years before the divorce.
this one

LIFE IS TO SHORT TO HAVE AN UGLY LOOKIN DOG .....GET A LAB
Old 03-06-2016, 08:04 AM

Default Kids toys

Boys doll.... ha ha !
You know the cowboy and the Indian. Comes with a couple of horses and a dog.
Never did get the large wagon .
Old 03-06-2016, 08:31 AM
Banned

Default I dont have any of my childhood stuff

I sure wish I did though.All of those Dinky toys/Lego sets/GI Joe(3 3/4") figures and vehicles as well Star Wars and all of the transformers and other stuff if in mint condition would be worth a fortune.I would set up a website as an online vintage toy store and list the stuff on youtube for free.

There are some fanatical collectors of vintage toys out there.The deceased lead sing of Styx was one of them.After he passed away the executor of his estate went to his Las Angelas mansion and it was stuffed with vintage toys.Star Wars/GI Joes/M.A.S.K you name it and he had it and all mint condition and in the original package.

FTH
Old 03-06-2016, 09:16 AM

I still have about 1500 comics from the 70's-80's early 90's . Still in my parents basement back in N.B. I had a bunch of star wars toys from late 70's early 80's . I asked my mom years ago if they were still in the basement , She told me she sold the whole box to a kid at a yard sale they had 20-22 years back for $14 bucks.
Old 03-06-2016, 12:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88thunderbird View Post
I still have about 1500 comics from the 70's-80's early 90's . Still in my parents basement back in N.B. I had a bunch of star wars toys from late 70's early 80's . I asked my mom years ago if they were still in the basement , She told me she sold the whole box to a kid at a yard sale they had 20-22 years back for $14 bucks.
That is exactly why I go to yard sales

Years ago my brother was walking into the Salvation army thrift store in North Vancouver just as the owner of the collectible/comic book store 4 doors down was coming out and looking like he hit the jackpot.My brother saw why when he entered as he found the huge box of mint condition transformers by the till.He asked the price and paid in cash right then and there.He was walking out and the guy was coming back in and saw my brother with that huge box and he snapped.He yelled out a string of profanities and insults at my brother that would have made a soldier blush and all the while my brother had a crap eating grin on his face from ear to ear.He paid $20 for that box of toys and they ended up selling on Ebay for close to $3000 US on Ebay.

FTH
Old 03-06-2016, 05:57 PM

Rifle and Handloader magazine's from #1 to 1999, about 30 yrs worth.
Old 03-06-2016, 06:42 PM

I sold my collectables a couple years ago.

I had (52 of 80 cards in the set) 1927 hockey cards that were in mint condition. I sold those cards back in the 70's for 1500 bucks. Considerable money then considering I found them in an eddy matchbox in an old fallen farmhouse. The oldtimer that owned the windowless shack said I could keep them. Those cards would be worth several thousand now. I also sold a large collection of high end modern hockey cards 2 years ago for 10K+.

And most AO members would cry about the collection of guns I sold a few years ago. My father had collected over 130 old guns through the years. When he passed my mother was scared that someone would come and steal them because Dad knew a lot of people. Then the gun registry was coming in and we decided to sell them.

There were a few dozen old winchesters. They were the old ones too. Models from 1866 to 1895. There were 25-20's, 44-40's, 32-20's, 30-30's, 45-70's, etc., and a few hexagon barreled winchester pump 22's. Also a winchester lever action 10 gauge shotgun along with several double barreled shotguns. There was even a a 1918 50 caliber machine gun on a tripod in the pile too.
And there was ammo in the original boxes for all of them.

We also sold hundreds of coal oil lamps, gramaphones and old furniture. 50 old tractors & vehicles. About 30 horse drawn peices of wagons, sleighs and equipment too. And the contents of 17 outbuildings filled to the roof with collectables, old oddities and old tools. It took me 15 years to go through it all.

Since dealing with all that stuff I really don't want to collect anything and curse my kids with a pile to deal with.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 03-06-2016, 07:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bullets View Post
I sold my collectables a couple years ago.

I had (52 of 80 cards in the set) 1927 hockey cards that were in mint condition. I sold those cards back in the 70's for 1500 bucks. Considerable money then considering I found them in an eddy matchbox in an old fallen farmhouse. The oldtimer that owned the windowless shack said I could keep them. Those cards would be worth several thousand now. I also sold a large collection of high end modern hockey cards 2 years ago for 10K+.

And most AO members would cry about the collection of guns I sold a few years ago. My father had collected over 130 old guns through the years. When he passed my mother was scared that someone would come and steal them because Dad knew a lot of people. Then the gun registry was coming in and we decided to sell them.

There were a few dozen old winchesters. They were the old ones too. Models from 1866 to 1895. There were 25-20's, 44-40's, 32-20's, 30-30's, 45-70's, etc., and a few hexagon barreled winchester pump 22's. Also a winchester lever action 10 gauge shotgun along with several double barreled shotguns. There was even a a 1918 50 caliber machine gun on a tripod in the pile too.
And there was ammo in the original boxes for all of them.

We also sold hundreds of coal oil lamps, gramaphones and old furniture. 50 old tractors & vehicles. About 30 horse drawn peices of wagons, sleighs and equipment too. And the contents of 17 outbuildings filled to the roof with collectables, old oddities and old tools. It took me 15 years to go through it all.

Since dealing with all that stuff I really don't want to collect anything and curse my kids with a pile to deal with.
All that and you did not have a single Iron Frame Henry Rifle....for shame

FTH
Old 03-06-2016, 07:42 PM

Most of my collectible still aren't worth much to most people except myself,
My first fly rod , target rifle. Skinning knife ( still have them all )
I have souvenirs from pretty much all the world Shooting championships, commonwealth , Olympics, Pan Am , and Nat's since 1866 however , and those are pre less to me - including a bronze, silver and gold medal from the 1990 Commonwealth Gsmes.
Cat
Old 03-07-2016, 01:55 AM

Have 3 shoe boxes full of Hockey cards from '75 to about '82. Uncle gave them to me before people went nuts over them. They will get passed down at the right time. Also have about 400 1/18 die cast cars