Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-17-2016, 09:07 PM

Default Bombardier bailout

This kind burns my ass. Could bombardier not build the fighter jets that we need?
Old 02-17-2016, 09:40 PM

Not to mention that they are laying off a boat load of people. None of them executives in that VERY top heavy company.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:43 PM

According to Justin, Quebec first because it has produced far superior leaders, Alberta, not so much…..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vAlz1at_OU
Old 02-17-2016, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefk View Post
According to Justin, Quebec first because it has produced far superior leaders, Alberta, not so much…..

Why am I not surprised at the stupidity displayed in that video.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:52 PM

Lets be honest, Trudeau is going to string them along until Energy East gets their house in order and he will announce both at the same time or very close. It is his only out otherwise approving only one will incite a national crisis in one part of the country.
Old 02-18-2016, 03:21 PM

Let them go through bankruptcy and re organize that way. We have already bailed these guys out before and they still have not learned anything. Nobody will bail me out if my business starts to fail. I am sick of these free loaders with huge salaries and benefits that I can only dream of.
Just my initial thoughts, but if you really want to know how I feel I can share more deep thoughts
Old 02-18-2016, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitting Bull View Post
Let them go through bankruptcy and re organize that way. We have already bailed these guys out before and they still have not learned anything. Nobody will bail me out if my business starts to fail. I am sick of these free loaders with huge salaries and benefits that I can only dream of.
Just my initial thoughts, but if you really want to know how I feel I can share more deep thoughts
X2
Old 02-18-2016, 03:26 PM

Can bombardier build fighter jets? If they can't why not?
Old 02-18-2016, 03:29 PM

Quote:
x3....enough with the corporate welfare, especially with THAT company as it sell their atv line cheaper in the states than they will to us...let them sink.
Old 02-18-2016, 03:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwestalta View Post
Canada's best war plane was scrapped in 1959 , and cost the country hundreds of millions of wasted taxpayer dollars,

The futuristic concepts and test flight proven engineering and avionics all went to our crooked neighbours south of the border , including the designers and engineers ,,,

All gone forever,

Many of the systems from that Canadian 1958 aircraft still present in today's most sophisticated war planes and space programs,,,

Go Canada ago, lol
Old 02-18-2016, 03:42 PM

Quote:
X4
Old 02-18-2016, 03:59 PM

Quote:
x5
Old 02-18-2016, 04:37 PM

Default Fighters

Quote:
Justine believes we do not need fighter jets so there won't be any funding even to Bombardier for that kind of stuff.
Old 02-18-2016, 04:37 PM

Default Bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohncdn View Post
x5
X6
Old 02-18-2016, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter View Post
x3....enough with the corporate welfare, especially with THAT company as it sell their atv line cheaper in the states than they will to us...let them sink.
Bombardier and BRP are not the same company, completely separate entities.
Old 02-18-2016, 05:45 PM

Quote:
This kind burns my ass. Could bombardier not build the fighter jets that we need?
Used to build our own fighters and bombers. Avro, De Havilland, Canada Car and Foundry, would you believe. CF 100s, Sabres and SeaKings were built here, besides half a dozen other aircraft during and after WWll. Just not a big enough country with the demand to justify it anymore, but Bombardier keeps hanging in there, a Yoke around our necks, justification being we can't afford to totally lose the capability.

Grizz
Old 02-18-2016, 06:00 PM

It's nothing new, Bombardier long ago learned how to scam the Canadian government and now they just figure subsidies and bailout's into their budget. I'd like to say it's a poorly run company but it isn't, they know where to get free money and we let them.
I'm not a big believer in coincidence but surely it's just that when they get a big Air Canada order announcement right when the government is considering bailing them out...........
Same old garbage, nothing new here.
Old 02-18-2016, 06:02 PM

Government has no place in private business.
Old 02-18-2016, 06:41 PM
Banned

Let's not forget that Alberta just cut them a one billion dollar cheque in October. Now they want another $350 million or more from us.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle27030710/
Old 02-18-2016, 07:08 PM
Banned

That company should not get a thin fricken dime from tax payers.How many bailouts have they gotten before?Has any of that bailout money EVER been paid back?....NOPE.Before the last Federal election the Conservatives unloaded the Government stake of GM stock and at a tidy profit so as not to expose taxpayers to risk....of course Angry Tom was yelling about it.

If Bombardier cant figure out how to run a business properly the taxpayers should not be propping the company up....Canadian taxpayers did not even get a say way back in the day over the Avro Arrow which WAS a good plane and well worth producing/exporting...no it just got swept under the rug and a good VIABLE company got shut down.

NO MONEY FOR BOMBARDIER.....not a single thin dime.

FTH
Old 02-18-2016, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefk View Post

Just watched that video. I can't put the thoughts that are running through my head in print. Very angry is about all I can say
Old 02-18-2016, 07:31 PM

I worked for a western wholesaler of Bombardier products in the mid seventies. Even had a tour of the Val Cartier plant and met Mr Beaudoin. One thing I learned is that if you want to succeed in a business venture don't deal with a supplier from Eastern Canada. They supply the US markets first and send whatever is left to the west unless of course they have problems with a product then they view the west as a dumping ground.
Old 02-18-2016, 07:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Used to build our own fighters and bombers. Avro, De Havilland, Canada Car and Foundry, would you believe. CF 100s, Sabres and SeaKings were built here, besides half a dozen other aircraft during and after WWll. Just not a big enough country with the demand to justify it anymore, but Bombardier keeps hanging in there, a Yoke around our necks, justification being we can't afford to totally lose the capability.

Grizz
I actually understand this comment.

I know education is perceived as universal in Canada, are research and development people more innovated in the east?
Old 02-18-2016, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purgatory.sv View Post
I actually understand this comment.

I know education is perceived as universal in Canada, are research and development people more innovated in the east?
Innovative, no, established longer and a bigger industry.....yes. Reality is the Eastern universities and R&D industries have been around longer than those of the West. As a result there has been more time for an industry to develop. Universities in ON/QC were doing R&D in industries like aerospace and pulp and paper back when UofA was a backwater school. Now our Western schools are on par with the McGill's & UofT's of the country.

In terms of innovative I'd put our O&G brains up against any aerospace or pharmaceutical research any day.....granted I might have a biased opinion.
Old 02-18-2016, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by traderal View Post
I worked for a western wholesaler of Bombardier products in the mid seventies. Even had a tour of the Val Cartier plant and met Mr Beaudoin. One thing I learned is that if you want to succeed in a business venture don't deal with a supplier from Eastern Canada. They supply the US markets first and send whatever is left to the west unless of course they have problems with a product then they view the west as a dumping ground.

Nothing has changed today. They still pursue the large markets in the us and worldwide, neglect to serve the rest of Canada and then demand government handouts when their own mismanagement fails, par for the course for this company.
Old 02-18-2016, 09:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
Innovative, no, established longer and a bigger industry.....yes. Reality is the Eastern universities and R&D industries have been around longer than those of the West. As a result there has been more time for an industry to develop. Universities in ON/QC were doing R&D in industries like aerospace and pulp and paper back when UofA was a backwater school. Now our Western schools are on par with the McGill's & UofT's of the country.

In terms of innovative I'd put our O&G brains up against any aerospace or pharmaceutical research any day.....granted I might have a biased opinion.
I actually agree with your comment.