Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-28-2015, 07:40 AM
Banned

Default Ben Scrivens to the Habs

We pick up Zack Kassian

Good trade???

Kassian will end up in Bakersfield

Maybe see him at some point in the lineup if someone gets hurt or traded.
Old 12-28-2015, 07:49 AM

Don't know, he is fresh out of the NHL substance abuse program,up side is he played with Hall in Jr with Windsor Spitfires. Scrievins was minor league bound here anyway, could do him some good.Kassien will have to clean his act up or back to the streets, he does have potential. Time will tell on this 1.
Old 12-28-2015, 07:57 AM

So for a team that is in deep in young talent and in need of a role model for hard gritty play we trade for a guy that is still in a substance abuse program???

Not sure on this one.
Old 12-28-2015, 08:15 AM

I am not sure if we need a gritty Leader? The Oiler need an A-Hole that will stand in front of the net, **** off the other team, and score some garbage goal. Our "tough guys" (Hendricks and Gadzik) are too nice. Other than a few fights they could both qualify for the lady byng. I hope Kassian gets himself cleaned up and this might prove to be a real good move for the Oilers.

Actually there is really no down side as Scrivens wasn't coming back and even on drugs Kassian can play at the minor level.
Old 12-28-2015, 09:03 AM

Watch as Schriven becomes the next Dubnyk with an actual defensive line in front of him. Probably not but could happen.
Old 12-28-2015, 09:05 AM

Oilers need D and coaching.

I have no problem giving someone a second chance. Turning a life around is great.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 12-28-2015, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughneckin View Post
Watch as Schriven becomes the next Dubnyk with an actual defensive line in front of him. Probably not but could happen.
That will not happen

I think this is a good move. Costs nothing and you get what could be an extremely motivated player, with his last chance to continue being a millionaire, playing for a coach that has shown the ability to get players to buy in and change their ways. If it works, it works out well, possibly very well. If not? Oh well.
Old 12-28-2015, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughneckin View Post
I'll put money on that. No chance of this happening.

Good move if Kassian can get his head out of is azz. He'd make a great big winger with a bit of a nasty side. Would be a good fit with Hall and Drats or McJesus and Pouliot.
Old 12-28-2015, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
That will not happen

I think this is a good move. Costs nothing and you get what could be an extremely motivated player, with his last chance to continue being a millionaire, playing for a coach that has shown the ability to get players to buy in and change their ways. If it works, it works out well, possibly very well. If not? Oh well.
That's what a ton of oil fans said before too. .

It should be fun to watch but along with Kassian's abuse issue he is a bit wreck less with the car crash and such too. If he can pull it together he is a good addition to most teams but I don't believe the Canadiens wanted to deal with his bs anymore. Same as the nucks...
Old 12-28-2015, 09:36 AM

When the Canucks acquired Kassian, I thought OK. Good. A big tough, scrappy forward. We can use more of that. He played tough for a while, but after playing between the sisters and getting a fair number of goals he came to think of himself as a sniper. He also seemed to slow down his overall play. Not as eager. Every once in a while you would see him do a run where you saw that potential, speed, good hands. But then he'd go quiet again.

I didn't know he was on a drug abuse program. That's too bad. Hopefully he kicks it and plays to his potential for the Oilers. If he does, he could be a good fit. He does have some decent talent.
Old 12-28-2015, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Oilers need D and coaching.

I have no problem giving someone a second chance. Turning a life around is great.
Agreed.
Old 12-28-2015, 11:30 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Thumbs down

Two bonafid D men would make that team 200% better...no D no wins when it counts post season....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 12-28-2015, 01:21 PM

Oilers brass are using the word 'if' a lot when it comes to Kassian playing on the big team. To me, it was just a move to get the goalies they wanted to develop on the Condors, and possibly, with some luck, get a potential NHLer in return for Scrivens.
Old 12-28-2015, 02:20 PM

Good luck with Kasquatch , his IQ on and off the ice are lacking.
Old 12-28-2015, 02:29 PM
Banned

He's only 24 years old , he could be a good pick up and a good tough player with an offensive upside for the western conference .
Old 12-28-2015, 03:14 PM

The only down side to the trade is if he creates more problems in the room, he's a big body that play hard, the oil have to have more of that. Granted he has zero class but I've got my fingers crossed it works out.
Old 12-29-2015, 01:29 AM
Banned