Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 12-26-2015, 03:36 PM

Default Never ending debate!!

What to buy and why?!! Benelli super black eagle 2 waterfowl edition or beretta a400 xtreme Unico? Aanndd Go!!!
Old 12-26-2015, 03:39 PM

Whatever one fits better.
Old 12-26-2015, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerboy View Post
Whatever one fits better.
^^ Easy way to end this debate above.
Old 12-26-2015, 03:48 PM

Yup, fit wins every time.

There are no absolutes
Old 12-26-2015, 03:48 PM

Both guns only have one barrel- why would I want to consider either of them?!!
Cat
Old 12-26-2015, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Both guns only have one barrel- why would I want to consider either of them?!!
Cat
Becuse he wants to go Bang, Bang, Bang, and not Bang, Bang, Cat

I narrowed it down to the same a couple of years ago...That been said I choose the A-400 and I am very happy with it. Comes with spacers and shims to help adjust the fit better for most shooters and has a lot of really good features like the rust proofed metal and other good thing that if you have narrowed it down to these 2 now you should already know by your research.
That been said the A-400 is probably the softest recoiling shotgun on the market which makes staying on target and follow up shots a lot easier not to mention your shoulder will be happy happy happy.
No comment on the Benelli, never owned or shot one.

Jim
Old 12-26-2015, 10:16 PM

Both have shims to adjust the fit so don't make the decision at the counter of the gun store. I think the Benelli's are more trouble free but do have a tiny bit more recoil. I would not think that is an issue. Do as much research as possible with reviews etc. and don't rush into the purchase. The longer you take to decide the more informed your decision will usually be.
My vote is the SBE11. I have one and a friend has the 400. He has had many issues with his 400 but his may be a lemon.... My SBE11 cycles target loads to 3 1/2 flawlessly.
Old 12-26-2015, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lannie View Post
Both have shims to adjust the fit so don't make the decision at the counter of the gun store. I think the Benelli's are more trouble free but do have a tiny bit more recoil. I would not think that is an issue. Do as much research as possible with reviews etc. and don't rush into the purchase. The longer you take to decide the more informed your decision will usually be.
My vote is the SBE11. I have one and a friend has the 400. He has had many issues with his 400 but his may be a lemon.... My SBE11 cycles target loads to 3 1/2 flawlessly.
Sbe2 has chronic spring issues. They as well as every other autoloader have issues. Fit before all else
Old 12-27-2015, 07:44 AM

My vote is for the Benelli but only your shoulder can make the proper choice.
Old 12-27-2015, 07:58 AM

I have owned both, and the only semi auto shotgun that I still own is an SX-3. The felt recoil is much greater with the SBE2i, and no matter how I adjusted the shims, the A-400 just didn't feel right to me. The SBE2i didn't cycle some lighter target loads, the A-400 cycled everything. The 3" SX-3 fits me, it swings better for me, and it cycles everything I tried. My 3-1/2" SX-3 will fail to function two or three times out of a hundred with the Winchester Super Targets, but it cycles everything else perfectly.
Old 12-27-2015, 01:00 PM

If it were me I'd google reliability/issues and then go with fit provided there are no known issues. Consider other action types if you can't get reliable that fits.
Old 12-27-2015, 03:13 PM

have owned both and most people I know shoot Benelli's. My Beretta A400 fit like crap out of box, I had a gunsmith fit it for me, fits me like a glove. I will never own another Benelli period. not a fan of inertia guns to begin with. my A400 is exceptional and never missed a beat in the hardest of conditions, cant say the same for the Benelli's. to each their own, Ford Chevy debate. Being Beretta owns Benelli I get to shoot the whole line up of Stoeger Canada every year with a rep. A400 is the lightest shooting gun. I will say however the new Benelli O/U intrigues me but that's not an auto LOL
Old 12-28-2015, 08:30 AM
Banned

I have a A400 Unico. It shoots great. VERY light, with little recoil. At the time it was significantly cheaper than a Benelli Super Sport which I think points better.
Old 12-28-2015, 10:17 AM

I do not know a lot about the SBE2 specifically - but is this debate not comparing apples to oranges?

I thought the SBE2 was a recoil based action and the A400 is a gas gun?