Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 11-15-2015, 03:33 PM

judging by the bubbles. if you haven't, put a colony trap in the culvert(or just out side). good chance on a mink as well as a bunch of rats.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:30 PM

Default Thank you AJ!!!!!

Hey guys, weasel trapping is still going slow, and I am waiting for the hunters to leave to really get things underway but the muskrat trapping is great!! Set on a new pond yesterday and 8 was today's check, hope everyone enjoys the pictures!

Happy trapping,
Nick

Old 11-23-2015, 07:41 PM

Nice going, also waiting for the hunters to leave the field so I can start chasing the dogs. Good catch.
Old 11-23-2015, 08:39 PM
Banned

Nice catch, Nick! I'd be curious to see the difference at this time of year between Edmonton rats and Calgary rats. Here's what a few of mine look like that I caught the other day:

Old 11-24-2015, 09:19 AM

Atta boy Fly Trapper! Keep at it.
Old 11-24-2015, 04:44 PM

Hey buddy, Your doing awesome. I'm really enjoying reading your progress and thank you for the pictures you send. Can't wait for your first successful weasel or mink.

BMR
Old 11-24-2015, 08:44 PM

Thank you guys! So am I BMR, I will definitely post as soon as I get one. Got a bunch more land permissions coming up on the 1st once the hunters are gone.

Dave, I haven't skinned any of them, I will post a picture of some from Nov.11 though, should be able to tomorrow!

-Nick
Old 12-01-2015, 07:48 PM

Well, been an interesting couple of days! Got out to check my weasel boxes on Saturday, and picked up what I'm pretty sure is a least weasel! Not sure what it is with me and the small ones haha! Was out to the boxes again last night, and I will tell you, as much as I respect hunters I am sure glad they are gone now someone thought it would be funny to follow my tracks and put a stick in all my sets. On the plus side found some weasel sign to set on, plus a new squirrel pole went up!

Since Saturday I have been doing some rat trapping still, got 6 on Sunday and 3 tonight, time to move my sets though as the houses are all trapped out, almost done taking out these rats for the landowner, and talked to him yesterday and a friend of his would like my friend and I to go and trap his land too!
Lot's of weasel sign and the mice have been in the boxes so hopefully the weasels will be around soon, hope everyone's season is going well

-Nick