Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-20-2015, 09:31 PM

Default Stephen Harper

It was so comforting to have someone in charge who was able to take charge. If push came to shove we had an individual who could, and would, evaluate the situation and make an acceptable, intelligent decision without waffling for reasons of religion, public opinion, etc. Thanks Stephen - 10 years of your rule kept Canada strong.

Hopefully Justin will mature in place, learn from his backers and achieve a similar standard of excellence.
Old 10-20-2015, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
I just want to say thank you to the Right Honourable Stephen Harper. He elevated and maintained what it was to be Canadian. Independent, strong, and loyal. He stood by our friends, and didn't bow to our enemies. He always put Canadian interests ahead of all else. He worked to lower taxes for every day Canadians instead of trying to get more from us. He suffered the continuous barage of illegitimate attacks from a blatanly left wing media with grace and dignity.

He truly was and continues to be a statesman and fine representative of what a true Canadian is.

Thank you so much Mr. Harper for all that you have done for Canada. Your sacrifice for this country and it's interests is very much appreciated. You really did do Canada proud.

PS: Haters, start your own thread.
Thanks for putting this up. Harper really did do a good job during the tough financial times.
Old 10-20-2015, 09:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokinyotes View Post
I've been voting for 35 years. He was absolutely the best PM I can remember. Wish him all the best in the future.
X2
Old 10-20-2015, 10:09 PM

Only thing he did I didn't like was create more new ridings in this election, with more MP's.
Old 10-22-2015, 04:56 PM

God bless you Mr. Harper, and God bless Canada, in hopes of our freedoms.
Old 10-22-2015, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugerlover View Post
Only thing he did I didn't like was create more new ridings in this election, with more MP's.
I believe that he should have created more ridings out west. Enough to balance what the leftists in the Toronto area want to dictate to the rest of Canada.

However, I agree that he is the best thing to happen to the every day Joe Canadian. Despite what the leftist press says...

Thank-you Honourable Stephen Harper for putting the honour back into Canadian politics.

Cheers
Old 10-22-2015, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleTTT View Post
I believe that he should have created more ridings out west. Enough to balance what the leftists in the Toronto area want to dictate to the rest of Canada.

However, I agree that he is the best thing to happen to the every day Joe Canadian. Despite what the leftist press says...

Thank-you Honourable Stephen Harper for putting the honour back into Canadian politics.

Cheers
That's the problem!
He created all these new ridings where Liberals are a strong hold.

My true beef with Harper is....
If he is so good to gun owners why did he not do more than take away the LGR...
I'm thankful he did that at least...but he could have repealed a few more gun laws...
Old 10-22-2015, 07:24 PM

Default Amen

Quote:
Originally Posted by super7mag View Post
The best PM we have had in the last 50 years and will
Likley prove to have been the best over the next 50 as well.
Thank you Mr Harper for leading and treating us like Canadians and equals, for uniting not dividing . You done well with what you had to work with.
Best PM since Pearson. We will be very sorry to lose his leadership.
Old 10-23-2015, 04:57 PM

'Never trust anyone who says you can't legally own something because they don't like it'. - Me
Old 10-23-2015, 05:54 PM

Stephan Harper was a true Canadian and deserves more than respect. He actually brought back to Canada some national identity and pride. I thank him for his service and wish him the best.

PS. haters spew your ridiculous propaganda in your own post.
Old 10-23-2015, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfBreed View Post
For the much needed equipment upgrades and support after the other guy put us in the sandbox with nothing.
X 100! I have to say, this is the biggest and first of many things I will always respect PM Harper for. I was helping bring "stuff" over there very early at the start of our involvement in the sandbox and was not only ashamed of the gear and kit we were flying in but knew a lot of our fighting pers were going to be killed because of it........ I wasn't wrong. Feck you paul martin, you piece of ****.
Old 10-23-2015, 07:41 PM

100% behind the common sense approach taken with directing our country over the last 4 yrs. The next 4 will be very trying to say the least. Hope I'm wrong but am old enough to remember the PET years, still runs a shiver down my spine.
Old 10-23-2015, 08:38 PM

I'd like to thank him for uniting the country............. Really, thanks Mr. Harper..
Old 10-24-2015, 12:41 AM

It is truly sad to see Mr. Harper go. I will miss his great leadership over the past decade he gave us. Thank you, Mr. Harper, for being my Prime Minister.
Old 10-24-2015, 05:55 AM
Banned

he kept Canada out of the recession during the 10 years. but lacked action on many other aspects of Canadian life. No one is perfect.