Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-23-2015, 06:15 AM

Default CBC and automatic firearms

Couple days after a Liberal win and here comes the propaganda.

Hold your firearms tight. JT has a firm grasp on them!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/rcmp...atic-1.3284661
Old 10-23-2015, 10:52 AM

I thought Harper was the only one who used the "Fear Card". CBC is becoming the most biased network out there.
Old 10-23-2015, 10:55 AM
Banned

No big surprise here that Justin, with the help of the CBC and the RCMP, has already started the campaign of fear to demonize our firearms. The Liberal Long Gun Registry was a step towards confiscation and without it, good luck getting firearms owners to voluntarily turn their guns in. Justin won't be getting any of mine!
Old 10-23-2015, 10:57 AM

Reporter in that clip said Trudeau will repeal law where politicians classify firearms and leave it up to the RCMP.
Old 10-23-2015, 11:20 AM

https://youtu.be/vm2vFz28VXA

This guy sums it up pretty nice!

A conservative patriot telling it like it is...
If you have RESTRICTED'S now....time to get rid of them..
They'll move on to semi auto, pump action etc
Old 10-23-2015, 11:43 AM

Never!
Old 10-23-2015, 11:54 AM

Gee, just because I know in theory how to build an atomic bomb: Should I be arrested as a terrorist?

There are two sides to every story... then the truth.
Old 10-23-2015, 12:03 PM

Yup you could use a shoestring and some springs to force a semi-auto to fire more than one round per pull of the trigger - however inaccurately - in the same manner that some pipe, a spring, and some nails can build a "shotgun."

I seriously have no way in which I can politely address the stupid that occurs in this country.
Old 10-23-2015, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugerlover View Post
They'll move on to semi auto, pump action etc
A couple of days ago, I'd have called you paranoid. Then I read Bill S-231 that made it through at least one reading in the Senate prior to the election. That, plus the comments from the sponsoring senator, raised the hair on the back of my neck.

Not saying here whether Monday's election makes the implications of S-231 more or less likely, just simply putting forward the fact that that senator is still sitting even though S-231 is dead. The resurrection of S-231-like legislation remains a definite possibility therefore. It's important that a voice of reason be supported in the discussions, balancing the very strong anti-gun stance of the Polytechnique-associated groups.
Old 10-23-2015, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottus View Post
I seriously have no way in which I can politely address the stupid that occurs in this country.
Sure you do - support organizations like the NFA or CSSA.
Old 10-23-2015, 12:32 PM

Why is any of this a surprise to anyone that lived through the Campbell and Chretien years?
The press have an agenda which is typically to generate fear, but they are also primarily liberal so they also hate guns.
The RCMP want to control everything that they can. Police like to be able to control stuff as it makes their jobs easier.
The Lieberals dislike both guns and gun owners.
Now we have the perfect storm once more when the police, press and government all share a common goal. Watch for the Coalition for Gun Control to once again receive federal funding to lobby the government to make changes to the laws that they have already pretty much decided on.
Step one will be allow the RCMP to list bad guns for prohibition, and follow UN policies to harass gun owners.
Step Two will be to wait for a serious incident to initiate the new and improved gun control laws that will prohibit guns by operating system rather than by name.
Gun owners have no friends in this situation, there is nobody that will offer sober second thought, this will all happen and there is nothing we can do about it.
The only real question is will the prohibitions allow grandfathering or compensation.
Old 10-23-2015, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
Why is any of this a surprise to anyone that lived through the Campbell and Chretien years?
The press have an agenda which is typically to generate fear, but they are also primarily liberal so they also hate guns.
The RCMP want to control everything that they can. Police like to be able to control stuff as it makes their jobs easier.
Now we have the perfect storm once more when the police, press and government all share a common goal. Watch for the Coalition for Gun Control to once again receive federal funding to lobby the government to make changes to the laws that they have already pretty much decided on.
Step one will be allow the RCMP to list bad guns for prohibition, and follow UN policies to harass gun owners.
Step Two will be to wait for a serious incident to initiate the new and improved gun control laws that will prohibit guns by operating system rather than by name.
Gun owners have no friends in this situation, there is nobody that will offer sober second thought, this will all happen and there is nothing we can do about it.
The only real question is will the prohibitions allow grandfathering or compensation.
Yup!
Old 10-23-2015, 12:53 PM

Would be interesting for the RCMP to tell us how many murders have been committed with semi-automatic weapons that had been converted to full auto. Are we fighting real crime or hypothetical crime here?
Old 10-23-2015, 01:00 PM

Quote:
...there is nobody that will offer sober second thought...
I dunno, I'd say you're doing a pretty good job.

I'm gonna take the stance that ain't over until it's over, so until then lobbying yourself (be a great reason to meet with your new MP) and/or supporting the lobbying organizations is gonna need to be Plan A.

My own plan is to contact Garnett Genuis and send some clink to the NFA and CSSA.
Old 10-23-2015, 01:01 PM

Liberals should voluntarily cut off their penises as they can potentially spread HIV if infected
Old 10-23-2015, 01:12 PM

Personally, I wanted to buy one of those fancy benelli semi auto centre fire rifles....
I couldn't handle the heartbreak if I got directives to turn it in....
So I won't buy it.
Sucks but putting down $2 k and losing it to a beaurocrat for window dressing purposes is asinine.

Watch the libs lower sentences for gun and gang crimes...
When Blair was police chief, he was complaining about weak laws that did not put away guns and gang criminals long enough.
Now watch him support JTs relaxation of min sentences for thugs that will hit the streets sooner rather than later....
Old 10-23-2015, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Spot on. I fear for this country and the freedoms we lose with this Maple Syrup messiah at the helm and media being his cheerleader.
Old 10-23-2015, 01:35 PM

Well its coming and the fight is going to be hard and long. To all those out there who still believe that your semi auto duck gun or hunting rifle is safe better start rethinking it.
This is going to be pre C-68 on steroids.
Old 10-23-2015, 01:39 PM

Default Dont expect more from CBC...

They are govnt funded and JT promised them even more funding in his election campaign so they're gonna tout whatever the "party" line is...
Old 10-23-2015, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Would be interesting for the RCMP to tell us how many murders have been committed with semi-automatic weapons that had been converted to full auto. Are we fighting real crime or hypothetical crime here?
Its funny because apparently this all came about when the RCMP interviewed Justin Bourque. He claimed he had researched this and considered it. So of course the RCMP loose their minds over the concept, but apparently nobody thought to ask Bourque why he didn't do it. I bet the answer would have been because he wouldn't be able to hit anything if he had.
Old 10-23-2015, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Its funny because apparently this all came about when the RCMP interviewed Justin Bourque. He claimed he had researched this and considered it. So of course the RCMP loose their minds over the concept, but apparently nobody thought to ask Bourque why he didn't do it. I bet the answer would have been because he wouldn't be able to hit anything if he had.
I would say guess again. I am sure they did ask him why he didn't, but the answer they got doesn't further their agenda.
Old 10-23-2015, 03:05 PM

Under this reasoning, an old joke comes to mind...
You know the one where the conservation officer was going to write up the woman for fishing without a license. When she was really escaping the noise of here kids by hopping into her husband's fishing boat to enjoy; in peace and quiet a good novel.

She doesn't fish. So, her reply to the officer - I guess I should charge you with sexual assault, cause you have all the equipment.

Under this assumption, all men could be put in jail, without proof. Just because.

When is the fear mongering going to stop?

I am not anti-Liberal, I'm anti-Stupid....
Old 10-23-2015, 03:34 PM

The fact that anyone can now buy a $1000 3d printer, download a torrent file and print their own hand gun will make any and all gun control attempts completely pointless. Never mind all the the other arguments.
Old 10-23-2015, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvil1010 View Post
I would say guess again. I am sure they did ask him why he didn't, but the answer they got doesn't further their agenda.
The answer was probably "I thought about it but couldn't do it to the gun I had"
Old 10-23-2015, 04:04 PM

Look what they did to Henry Barnes (aka. Johnny sombrero)