Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-08-2009, 04:29 PM

Default Big pike in Seibert lake

last year the fishing was real good we got 7 over 15 lbs in 5 days, and we seen a lot of big ones rolling through and coming off of those damn barbless hooks.
Any way I'm heading up there sometime this week and if any one has fished it or been there latley. I know about the flood water, But does any one know how traveling with a sled is.
I have a good fish pic but i dont know how to put it on here
Old 03-08-2009, 04:42 PM

Fishing has been good this year,been out to Siebert twice this winter.We have had a massive dump of snow in the last 4 days up here, sled is probably the only way out there now, road in was nasty 2 weeks ago, probably worse after this snow.Was just at the marina on Cold Lake and almost got stuck just before the break water barrier and visability is 100ft at best, NO tracks anywhere, not even the trail groomer is attempting to head out.Good luck, great lake if the bite is on and as mentioned, watched the surface water.I didnt see any last time out but we fish close to the north shore.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:56 PM

Thanks for the info, tyee33. I posted a thread asking about Seibert last week that got a grand total of zero replies. I had some success last summer, but haven't fished it in the winter in quite some time. I was wondering if it were possible to get in with a 4x4, but apparently not.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:48 PM

Thanks ty33 I'll let you know how we do.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:45 PM

Please let us know how you make out. I fish Siebert every year but typically only in the summer so I am interested to hear the adventure you have this week. Of course, pictures are always great....
Old 03-11-2009, 10:34 PM

Default Poachers

Watch for poachers when your there, seems like there are a few who take a few too many liberties with this lake. We are watching!

Road hunting is not hunting.