Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 04-24-2015, 08:57 PM

Default Kamloops gun show

will I see any of you there tomorrow morning?

instagram: @schrodo_of_the_shire
Old 04-25-2015, 01:43 PM

show was alright, lots of cheap crap and lots of really high end stuff but not a lot of what I was looking for in the middle. I did walk out with an M44 mosin nagant with matching numbers and an excellent bore.

Old 04-26-2015, 02:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flieguy View Post
show was alright, lots of cheap crap and lots of really high end stuff but not a lot of what I was looking for in the middle. I did walk out with an M44 mosin nagant with matching numbers and an excellent bore.
What sort of high end crap Fg? Was the Vancouver crowd up there to sell there overpriced junk?

just wondering.
Old 04-26-2015, 09:36 PM

there were a few Kimber Ascents and a couple henry originals caught my eye. Lots of used Browning A5s in various condition, a few of those new non restricted AR type rifles, i didn't pay much attention to things that weren't on my radar for purchase.

someone wanted $75 for a brick of remington thunderbolts...

Old 04-28-2015, 01:08 PM

The show was big, well set up and organized.
I was a little disappointed by the response by the public. Apparently very few care about new firearms that have been made specifically for the Canadian market. There also seems to be virtually no-one in central BC that is into either high quality or precision rifles.
Lots of milsurp guns were seen leaving the show.
The trip over and the cost of the show ran me just over $2500.00 to set up and man the 6 tables for the 2 days.
For me the only saving grace was my spending over $4000.00 on 3 handguns and a knife.

The REAL surprise for me was the older gent who claimed to be ex military who told me that he thought only the police and military should have guns.
I guess this should not be a surprise that in the area that much fruit is grown a fruitcake would appear.
Old 04-28-2015, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumMachine View Post
snip
The REAL surprise for me was the older gent who claimed to be ex military who told me that he thought only the police and military should have guns.
I guess this should not be a surprise that in the area that much fruit is grown a fruitcake would appear.
Did the fruitcake claim that we should be forever grateful $$$$$ that he had 'fought to preserve our freedoms'.
Old 04-28-2015, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwert View Post
Did the fruitcake claim that we should be forever grateful $$$$$ that he had 'fought to preserve our freedoms'.
Frankly I think he was just a mid 50s aged hippy who has fried his mind on the shrooms and chose BC for the ease of welfare programs assistance.

It just took me aback that any person could actually think that a police state is the best.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
there were a few Kimber Ascents and a couple henry originals caught my eye. Lots of used Browning A5s in various condition, a few of those new non restricted AR type rifles, i didn't pay much attention to things that weren't on my radar for purchase.

someone wanted $75 for a brick of remington thunderbolts...
Funny thing that you should mention Browning A5's. I have a beautiful example of one built in 1958 at Herstall Belgium. My father was a tool & die maker and machinist at that time only 20km from home. I've had it hot caustic blued, re-finished the stock and forend, and thoroughly gone over and polished the action and trigger mechanism. I've installed a brand new locking block. This old Humpback is like new and holds some nostalgic feelings for me as my dad may have had his hands on it. At gunshows, I can't even attract buyers to it at $400.00, yet new A5's go for $1500.00. Truly shamefull when you see many bearded tatooed and pierced dudes walking out with armful of SKS's and Mosins. That A5 may just stay with me with a barrel rib and shoot trap.
Old 04-28-2015, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
Funny thing that you should mention Browning A5's. I have a beautiful example of one built in 1958 at Herstall Belgium. My father was a tool & die maker and machinist at that time only 20km from home. I've had it hot caustic blued, re-finished the stock and forend, and thoroughly gone over and polished the action and trigger mechanism. I've installed a brand new locking block. This old Humpback is like new and holds some nostalgic feelings for me as my dad may have had his hands on it. At gunshows, I can't even attract buyers to it at $400.00, yet new A5's go for $1500.00. Truly shamefull when you see many bearded tatooed and pierced dudes walking out with armful of SKS's and Mosins. That A5 may just stay with me with a barrel rib and shoot trap.
I used to not like the look of A5s, but they've grown on me, especially the nice engraved ones. If there was one with screw in chokes and I had done some price research I may have walked out with one. I was surprised how many A5s were there, I probably saw at least a dozen. I was really looking for a weatherby SA-08 deluxe 12ga, but never found one. Also had a good gander at a khan O/U 12ga, might have to get one in 28.

Old 04-28-2015, 10:26 PM

Quote:
The show was big, well set up and organized.
I was a little disappointed by the response by the public. Apparently very few care about new firearms that have been made specifically for the Canadian market. There also seems to be virtually no-one in central BC that is into either high quality or precision rifles.
Lots of milsurp guns were seen leaving the show.
The trip over and the cost of the show ran me just over $2500.00 to set up and man the 6 tables for the 2 days.
For me the only saving grace was my spending over $4000.00 on 3 handguns and a knife.

assuming you're talking about the ATRS modern hunter for the canadian market, I'm pretty sure my buddy would have walked out with one had he not bought a new car earlier than month. He's been oogling them on canadian gun nutz since they started publishing info on them. I'm not much for tacticool stuff, I'd rather take a mannlicher stock Sako

Old 04-29-2015, 01:57 PM

Quote:
assuming you're talking about the ATRS modern hunter for the canadian market, I'm pretty sure my buddy would have walked out with one had he not bought a new car earlier than month. He's been oogling them on canadian gun nutz since they started publishing info on them. I'm not much for tacticool stuff, I'd rather take a mannlicher stock Sako
There were a few guys who took some interest in our new rifle, but certainly not like what we have experienced at every other show.
Given the fact that we are about 200 guns on pre-order already there is nothing available for sale in a Modern Hunter rifle and I doubt there will be any for some time.

There were not 1 but 2 Sako A series rifles in full Mannlicher style wood that I saw, in pristine condition at the show and decent calibers too, 270 and 300 win. I was tempted, but already have far tooooo many safe queens already.
Old 04-29-2015, 03:14 PM

Quote:
There were a few guys who took some interest in our new rifle, but certainly not like what we have experienced at every other show.
Given the fact that we are about 200 guns on pre-order already there is nothing available for sale in a Modern Hunter rifle and I doubt there will be any for some time.

There were not 1 but 2 Sako A series rifles in full Mannlicher style wood that I saw, in pristine condition at the show and decent calibers too, 270 and 300 win. I was tempted, but already have far tooooo many safe queens already.
things with mannlicher stocks or exposed hammers make me a little excited, I'd take an 1892 over an AR any day.