Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 02-12-2015, 11:36 PM

Lol yea she fired two nights in a row.i trap for coon very little with lots of opportunity but very little time.id say in the last 10yrs ive trapped 40-50 around the brooks and area but like i say very little time spent,seems im always getting calls from fish&feathers for coon and beaver and the EID for beaver.haha but they are always educated and smart rodent lol thats why they call pending on what ditch rider it is, but at some stage no matter how minimal the doller value is i always seem to clean up problems.the. Coons are fun though because it's all about timing with the 4 months.very tough to target but terrible easy when timing is on and very rewarding.never sold a coon pelt but always tan to give to land owner or people that enjoy a beaughtiful pelt.expecially haired up in hybrination months,wow breathtaking pelts
Old 02-13-2015, 07:37 AM

Hey secret I have been runnin the cuffs for 5 years now. Coon is all I trap and let me tell u they are fun and u can stack em up quick if u know what to look for. I'm by no means a good trapper but I sure do have fun with these cuffs. I'm runnin the duke dps but the new freedoms look pretty sweet with the push pull trigger on em

Cheers

Gilly
Old 02-15-2015, 06:18 AM

Some awesome pics SC thanks for taking the time to post
Old 02-15-2015, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
Hey secret I have been runnin the cuffs for 5 years now. Coon is all I trap and let me tell u they are fun and u can stack em up quick if u know what to look for. I'm by no means a good trapper but I sure do have fun with these cuffs. I'm runnin the duke dps but the new freedoms look pretty sweet with the push pull trigger on em

Cheers

Gilly
Yea im lookin forward to getting my Z-trapps out they are a push-pull trigger as well.im sick and tired of packin live traps around.cant wait to dispatch with my little 177cal pelit gun witch weighs nill instead of those miserable live traps lol just a trappers basket over my shoulders and away we go
Old 02-15-2015, 10:36 PM

Hey secret coulee, hate to bring up the pistol issue again from the other thread but I was hoping you would still post a pic of yours so I can try to find one.

Thanks
Old 02-15-2015, 11:28 PM

Just shoot me a PM with your phone# and I'll send you a pick and mabey post er for me.im having a terrible time with photo bucket now stating im over on my band witch lol witch means nothing to me but been playin all night and can't seem to maker work even though my original photo bucket is sayin ive only used 4% of 100% terribly frustrating,will let me down load but not crop and send,so if anybody else can help me with anything to get me on the right track id be very apprecieative cause i suck when it comes to this kinda stuff.thanks in advance
Old 02-16-2015, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty S View Post
No problem with PCP Josh, he's a friendly. I think he does shiftwork, probably why he never responded. Pete, the one photo of Josh with a very large stretched coyote and all the NAFA boxes in the background is in my skinning garage.

So you guys like these photos? you out to see this guys fish picts and his deer picts! A true trophy guy. I wonder if there's many guys like him that can catch big pike daily thru the ice.

So Josh, while you're on here, you might as well show your other game picts... we asked!
No harm meant to yourself or other's Secret Coulee,just comment as you and Marty must cross paths occasionally,i ship fur through his depot as well,love all your picture's,Josh is it,very impressive indeed,maybe we'll cross paths at Marty's some day,keep up the good work,cheers Peter
Old 02-16-2015, 09:43 AM

Default coon

Guys, I was talking to relative other day and he was surprised when I mentioned we have coons in Alberta. Coulee mentioned Brooks area,what other parts of province have you guys trapped/seen coon.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf View Post
Guys, I was talking to relative other day and he was surprised when I mentioned we have coons in Alberta. Coulee mentioned Brooks area,what other parts of province have you guys trapped/seen coon.
Im south of Lethbridge and there is certainly no shortage here . They arent worth much price wise but I thought I'd target a few to help out the pheasants . Caught 11 so far this winter , 9 of which were large males . As Secret Coulee says , they aren't that hard to catch , just too bad the prices are low on them as they are a beautiful hide .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF4159.jpg (56.1 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF4151.jpg (60.1 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF4156.jpg (77.4 KB, 65 views)
Old 02-16-2015, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf View Post
They are all along the red deer river. Up the valley from the south to reddeer (city) for sure. I noticed they are more common close to town and farms than far from people. They love the larger cotton woods that have good hollows for dens. Sylvan lake has a tonne of coon always had. Gull lake might not sure. Pine lake I think has a few as well.
Most folks don't know their around til they are over populated and a problem.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:53 PM

A few odds and ends picks hope all enjoy,I threw a few oldy goldys in there as well.
Old 02-18-2015, 08:28 AM

Great pics keep them coming.