Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 01-30-2015, 06:18 PM

Default 96 Skandic

What's a 96 Skandic Worth guys? I had to go by the Skidoo dealership and look and now I am hooked. If I can get a decent price for the skandic my wife might let me go for it. With any luck lol Those Tundras are real nice!!!
Old 01-30-2015, 07:57 PM

I picked up a 98 Skandic four years ago for $2500 with 1600 km's on it. I would think somewhere in the $1800-2200 range would be fair. I don't think I'd pay more for a sled that's 18 years old. Is it a Widetrack ?
Old 01-30-2015, 08:40 PM

Yes I think it is a widetrack. I think for that kind of money I might be better off using it as a spare for people to use or if we have a breakdown. Man alive I need to go catch some more coyotes I think to make this work lol
Old 01-30-2015, 09:25 PM

I kept mine for a spare sled. Not a bad idea to have one around and nice when the kids start coming along more to have one for them to use.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:21 PM

Be carefull . They had the full on scandic with wide track and high low tranny that would be in the two grand area depends on shape. But they also had a scandic that was identical to the sl and sle touring just different decals that one would be 800 to a thousand.
Old 01-31-2015, 06:51 PM

Why the price diff? I got stuck this year so need to get a sled after not having one for a decade and am starting to shop around and am looking for recommendations for a resident trapper, primarily yotes on private land.
Old 01-31-2015, 08:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daslogster View Post
Why the price diff? I got stuck this year so need to get a sled after not having one for a decade and am starting to shop around and am looking for recommendations for a resident trapper, primarily yotes on private land.
Pick up any sled that is working well that you can afford. I use a 600 Skidoo Renegade with a 137" track and pull a medium Otter sled behind it. I'm a Resident Trapper and I have never required a workhorse of a sled for where I go and what I do.

This month it cost me $3K to repair the tranny in my truck after trying to get unstuck from a field. Been using my sled for checks ever since.
Old 01-31-2015, 09:00 PM

I hear you, I go through at least one transmission every 4 years, most recent on new years eve. Sold my sled due to lack of snow and being a workaholic, now I have the itch again.
Old 02-01-2015, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daslogster View Post
If you can find a bravo that would be best easy to load and takes the least amount of room in your pick up.