Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-30-2015, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
45 if you listen to country.

9mm if you listen to rap. (can get expensive if you buy the special horizontally loaded ammo)
I'll cap yo azz Ruga.

Seriously though, I got rid of the 9 and gots the 45 cause like 45 is three or six times more than 9. Just gots more power.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
I'll cap yo azz Ruga.

Seriously though, I got rid of the 9 and gots the 45 cause like 45 is three or six times more than 9. Just gots more power.
three or six times WHAT? more powerful? NOT. .22LR & 9mm are the biggest selling calibers in the US by a wide margin, then .45 &.38spl and lastly .40.That doesn't mean one is better than the other; it means for a retailer that the more .22LR & 9mm you can get, the more you'll sell. BUT, the margins are skinnier on them because they are in demand and the pricing is more competitive generally.

Functionally I think the .22LR & 9mm are more popular with more people because of recoil, or lack thereof. The .380 is also getting popular again in the States; lighter recoil, and some of the new loads are pushing performance up quite a bit closer to 9mm.

I personally like 9mm for a pistol. Lighter recoil, some of the new loads are pretty hard hitters, and it's cheap to practice with. I like .45 a lot in my JR Carbine. I have both 9mm & .45 and the .45 hits much harder. Never cared that much for .40 though. It's snappy recoil and marginal increase in performance over 9mm, and much higher cost to shoot.

Really personal choice. I like having my wife come shooting with me. If I'm shooting just .45 pistol, she won't...same deal with .40 . If I'm taking 9mm and/or .22LR, she's all in.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
I'll cap yo azz Ruga.

Just ran it through the government super computer in Ottawa (pretty tight with Harps). 45 is 5 times more powerful than the 9mm. (remember to carry the 3)
Old 01-31-2015, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankbait View Post
yes, and thank you and I did more research on the google now knowing what to look for with help from a member here. your answers will be added to her supply order. also the member mentioned reload and she wants to know if it is worthwhile and if she should order everything on the list or just powder and primers or what have you. when she gets this all in order i'll have her set up an acct in the sponsor section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
Just ran it through the government super computer in Ottawa (pretty tight with Harps). 45 is 5 times more powerful than the 9mm. (remember to carry the 3)
But the 22 is just a little less than three times as powerful so it's better cause it has less recoil then the 45 right?