Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 01-27-2015, 09:26 PM

Default Carry furs over till next year

Can anyone tell me if I send coyotes in to NAFA at the end of the season this year can I specify that they not be sold till the first sale in 2016. And is there a storage fee for holding them till that time. Reason I ask is I think the winter would be a better time to sell than middle of summer. Thanks
Old 01-27-2015, 10:01 PM

you just have to tell your pick-up agent or drop off agent. There are tons of bags marked sell next year or hold for next Feb. sale or whatever at the depots. There is no holding fee.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:26 PM

Thanks for the reply, so this is a common practice. Is that what would have made up a large percentage of the fur in the present sale.
Old 01-28-2015, 07:51 AM
AO Sponsor

The present sale was basically all fresh, if not all on the westn heavy. I know my daughter had 2 coyotes left from lsat season that weren't offered.

This season I would auggest selling in the May sale. The market is smoking, demand is massive. There were over a 100 buyers in the auction room and for a first sale... that is unprecedented. This thing is strong and getting stronger. However we live in a volatile world with Russia backed into a corner financially, Iran on the verge of building nukes and these stupid terrorist groups waging war with the world, anything bad can happen at any time that could send the market downward.

So we have a strong market right now, these things can soften at any time and do so regularly, look how fast the rat market changed.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:28 PM

Marty am I missing something , after the Jan 19 last receiving date is not the next one April 20 for a June-July sale. I thought this would be a more muskrat beaver sale. And if the prices are still good on the next sale it will be very tempting to sell everything possible this year.
Old 01-28-2015, 06:42 PM
Banned

Willy 1, Some depots have extended the last receiving date to January 30th. I'm taking all of my fur in to the the ATA in Westlock on Friday. I'm not sure what other depots extended the last receiving date though.
Old 01-28-2015, 07:27 PM

In S.W. Sk. ours were picked up Jan 12th so we have qiite abit of the season left from that date. I should have got on it sooner and sent them in myself.