Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 12-04-2014, 09:18 PM

Default Oh the poor coyotes

Somehow this trash came across my facebook feed

"As many of you may know, Canada Goose Inc. is a large Canadian manufacturer and retailer of extreme-weather outerwear, including jackets, vests, hats and gloves. The company headquarters are located in Toronto. Today, their fur-trimmed parkas are recognized internationally and are viewed by many as “fashionable” and “essential for winter.”

Canada Goose uses coyote fur as decorative trim on their down-filled parkas. Since there are no coyote farms in Canada, these innocent creatures are sought out from the wild. There are no words to describe the brutality of this violent, savage-like process, despite what the company may say.

The claims that Canada Goose makes on their website are debatable. They try to justify their barbaric actions with reasons that are irrelevant, ignorant and even laughable. Canada Goose claims they use coyote fur “only as absolutely necessary and exclusively for functional purposes.” In other words, they believe it is acceptable to kill coyotes for their fur because unlike synthetic fur, it is functional as it doesn’t freeze, doesn’t hold moisture and is biodegradable. They also claim coyote fur is needed in the coldest temperatures where “skin can freeze in an instant,” although the majority of people do not live in such a climate.

Canada Goose claims they acquire coyote fur in the most “humane” way, which is the last word that would be used describe how it is actually done. Each year, over 100, 000 coyotes are either shot or trapped by Conibear and snare traps, and are oftentimes left suffering for days, eventually dying on their own from dehydration or starvation.

The fact that Canada Goose calls the environment and the ethical treatment of animals central to their values just makes me shake my head. They have been asked several times as to what exactly they do with the carcasses after the fur is skinned off, and they have yet to respond.

There is absolutely no justification for these inhumane actions. These jackets are stained with shame. This company is an embarrassment to Canada and proves how selfish and evil humans can be."
Old 12-04-2014, 09:23 PM
Banned

No understanding of an Eco system or conservation sad
Old 12-04-2014, 09:27 PM

OMG!!
I think everybody on Face book should post a reply to this person and explain just how much they are behind them
In their quest to rid Canada of that evil manufacturer!
Wonder what they would think of my beaver hat and deer hide Watson Ropers
Cat
Old 12-04-2014, 09:31 PM

my favorite part

"Since there are no coyote farms in Canada, these innocent creatures are sought out from the wild."

alright, whos got extra land to start a profitable coyote farm? this could be a million dollar idea.
Old 12-04-2014, 09:41 PM

haha yes i have been waiting for an opportunity like this to come along we could start a coyote mill kind of like a puppy mill but instead filled with coyotes living in small cages so they can fight and their sole purpose will be bread so we can make millions. Whos in with me! Just for the record i am being sarcastic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rena0040 View Post
my favorite part

"Since there are no coyote farms in Canada, these innocent creatures are sought out from the wild."

alright, whos got extra land to start a profitable coyote farm? this could be a million dollar idea.
Old 12-04-2014, 09:41 PM

Quote:
my favorite part

Old 12-04-2014, 09:44 PM

Best of all no farmed coyotes would have to harmed. Just like farmed cows and pigs that shake off their excess burger, steaks, and chops each morning for sale at grocery stores.
Old 12-04-2014, 09:55 PM

Quote:

Each year, over 100, 000 coyotes are either shot or trapped by Conibear and snare traps, and are oftentimes left suffering for days, eventually dying on their own from dehydration or starvation.
Huh? It doesn't work like that. How long do you think anything can live in a Contibear or with a bullet through the vitals? My thoughts 30 seconds tops. One minute on a good snare catch.
Old 12-04-2014, 10:00 PM
Banned

I've visited the facebook site of one of the anti-fur groups operating in Canada and my impression is that they are totally clueless about anything regarding the fur industry.

They asked Canada Goose Inc what they did with the coyote carcasses.....LOL! Do they think that the company deals with whole, unskinned coyotes?
Old 12-04-2014, 10:03 PM

Never really cared for this jackets but now I have to buy one.
Old 12-04-2014, 10:22 PM

Talking Good idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lr1000 View Post
Never really cared for this jackets but now I have to buy one.
My wife has one and my son. No don't my girl will have one too. I'm still not a CG fan but will likely buy some fur this winter. A nice hat is in order , keep my ears warm while I check my coyote snares....
Old 12-04-2014, 10:36 PM

What happens to the coyote carcasses?? When is the last time you had ginger beef !
Old 12-04-2014, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerman View Post
what happens to the coyote carcasses?? When is the last time you had ginger beef !
lol
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard
Old 12-04-2014, 10:56 PM

Quote:
What happens to the coyote carcasses?? When is the last time you had ginger beef !
Now I know why I crave ginger beef after coyote hunting. It all makes sense now.
Old 12-05-2014, 12:52 AM

Your post is laughable at best. Perhaps you should try cause trouble some where else. Do you have any more great eco ideas you would like to share.
Old 12-05-2014, 05:53 AM

Default good company

I dont really understand why you bring theses comments here. This is a hunting forum and I think most of us, are doing predator control. As for Canada goose, they made good winter gear, they are Canadian , they used coyotes hide, I like them ever more just for that fact !
Way too many coyotes walking around these days...
Old 12-05-2014, 06:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
way...........to funny!, don't forget about delicious chow mien!
Old 12-05-2014, 06:49 AM

Not to worry. I let all the innocent coyotes live. I just hang the guilty
Old 12-05-2014, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Taylor View Post
Not to worry. I let all the innocent coyotes live. I just hang the guilty
Old 12-05-2014, 07:02 AM

Can you say ignorant?
My wife (who doesn't like me hunting 'yotes) has one of these jackets. I might just have to get one now too!
Old 12-05-2014, 07:28 AM

For those taking offence to something they think rena0040 posted , I believe those were quotes off the Facebook page
I think you should read all of that members' posts in this thread and you will see that this member is not anti hunting or trapping at all!
Cat
Old 12-05-2014, 07:38 AM

I survived the arctic for 12 years with one of these jackets. I highly recommend you purchase one.
Old 12-05-2014, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
For those taking offence to something they think rena0040 posted , I believe those were quotes off the Facebook page
I think you should read all of that members' posts in this thread and you will see that this member is not anti hunting or trapping at all!
Cat
Good point Cat. Far too often we end up reacting foolishly because we don't understand the original problem. It's always wise to think a bit before you respond to anything on the Internet.
Old 12-05-2014, 07:52 AM

They forgot to mention the down insulation that comes from once live fowl!......

WHat is the alternative to fur and feather insulation?....synthetic (re:derived from non renewable resrouce which takes mega energy to produce). Fur is renewable....fur is traditional.....fur is not produced by strip mining....fur doesnt contribute to global warming. Unless you sew your clothes out of hand picked hemp i doubt there is a less energy intense form of trim and insulation out there.
Old 12-05-2014, 08:41 AM

Knowing that my wife wants one of these $800 jackets... does any one know if its at all possible to supply my own ethically harvested goose down and coyote fur to try and knock down the price a little bit....Does anybody even have any "one off" sewing patterns that I could stitch together all my goose carcasses and trim it with some 'yote fur.... ( I don't even think she'd notice it not being the real thing...) Best Christmas present ever!!!! I can't believe I didn't think about this earlier!!
Old 12-05-2014, 08:57 AM

Coyote fur - plentiful, renewable, biodegradable, organic, natural, gluten-free, sustainable, free of pesticides, herbicides, antibiotics and steroids, does not need pipelines for transport, supports first Nation trappers, produced in Canada, keeps you warm and looks great.
Down-side: may contain lead.
Think it pushes enough envirozealot buttons?
Old 12-05-2014, 09:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Hey you guys that is not an urban myth.

The place serving that special "ginger beef" was just down the street from the Royal Alex hospital.

Honest.

I think it was on the #4 Combo plate.

I don't what the deep fried shrimp came from. Or was that the Seven Seas that was charged for that?

Anyone remember?
Old 12-05-2014, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Since there are no coyote farms in Canada, these innocent creatures are sought out from the wild.
Looks like coyote ranching would get a thumbs up from animal rights groups!
Old 12-05-2014, 10:55 AM

Default hehehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake View Post
They forgot to mention the down insulation that comes from once live fowl!......
NO. They are from bird farms. Where they pick there down just like shearing sheep. Its sustainable and not barbaric...

jk
Old 12-05-2014, 03:19 PM

Thanks cat.

I am not anti hunting, I am anti coyote, wolf etc and shoot them on site.

I thought the article was laughable and therfore posted it. I guess I didnt make that clear when I called it trash.