Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-04-2014, 10:10 PM

Default New to AO need some help

Hello everyone, I finally got convinced to join this AO forum. I don't spend too much time on computers but being very slow at work a coworker told me to join so I had something to read and also join in on conversations. I've been hunting the last 7 years so I still got lots to learn and am excited to chat with you guys and girls. I'll mostly be cruising the hunting and archery forums.

I just have a few quick questions. First how does a guy post pics on here. My first post was going to be a few trail cam pics of the deer i'll be hunting in a week, but I couldn't figure it out. I also was wondering how to upload a profile pic. Lastly I was wondering how to enter the footers where a lot of you guys have quotes and what not.

Hopefully I don't seem like a dipstick not knowing how to do this.

Cheers,
Donnie
Old 11-04-2014, 10:15 PM

Stickied in the top of the general section:
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=82419

There are no absolutes
Old 11-04-2014, 11:09 PM

Dick posted a link detailing the best way to share pics.

To change your picture and signature, make sure you're signed in and click on the "User CP" on the top left hand corner of the screen (in a brown banner, right next to "FAQ"). From there a menu will drop down. In that menu you will see an option titled "Edit Avatar" and "Edit signature". The picture you see beside your name when you post is called an avatar. Hope this helps.

Edit: Welcome to the forum!
Old 11-04-2014, 11:53 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrow_baron View Post
Hello everyone, I finally got convinced to join this AO forum. I don't spend too much time on computers but being very slow at work a coworker told me to join so I had something to read and also join in on conversations. I've been hunting the last 7 years so I still got lots to learn and am excited to chat with you guys and girls. I'll mostly be cruising the hunting and archery forums.

I just have a few quick questions. First how does a guy post pics on here. My first post was going to be a few trail cam pics of the deer i'll be hunting in a week, but I couldn't figure it out. I also was wondering how to upload a profile pic. Lastly I was wondering how to enter the footers where a lot of you guys have quotes and what not.

Hopefully I don't seem like a dipstick not knowing how to do this.

Cheers,
Donnie
Hello Donnie. Donnie?

Mmmmm, to move on, welcome! Glad you joined.

No one knew it all when they joined, except for me of course.
So no you don't sound like a dipstick, and hopefully you don't look like one either. They's kinda long and skinny with oil on them, sometimes. LOL

Oh I'm funny tonight!!! ROFL.

Forgive me, I've been on night shift for six days now and I'm getting kinda crazy.

But back to you, and learning the ropes around here. Not to worry. It will all come in time.
I'm looking forward to seeing your photos.

Posting photos is easy once you figure out how. Basically you have to upload them to a photo hosting site, then copy the URL for that photo on that site. I use Photobucket and Flickr.

Then start to write a new post. At the top of that post window you will see a small yellow button with a mountain profile on it. Click on that and then past the URL of your photo into the space provided. Your photo should now appear in the post you are writing. And you are done. Post away.

Most of your questions have been asked and answered many times.

Use the search function, check out the sticky posts at the top of each thread. and if all else fails, ask one of us, in a post or via PM.

Don't worry about sounding like a newbe. We all were at one time. It's just that a few have forgotten what it was like.

Once again. Welcome to AO. A meeting place for all outdoors man and women.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 11-05-2014, 05:09 AM

Welcome to the forum!! Most simple way, by far, is to install the tapatalk feature. Start a thread from tapatalk, and hit the + sign, and choose an existing photo. Bam!