Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 08-20-2014, 09:31 PM

Default Youth Compound Bow

Hello,
My son is 7 and taken an interest in shooting a bow. I'm torn in terms of what to do he has a small recurve that the arrows don't fit proper on the string I want to get him into shooting without frustration but also don't know if he's gonna stick with it. I was thinking a diamond infinite edge but a lot of cash if he's gonna give it up. Anyone know of any used small frame adjsutable bows or cheaper alternatives I was hoping to spend around 150 total. I have an old sight i can use as well. Let me know thought and opinions.

Thanks
Old 08-20-2014, 10:52 PM

The Infinite Edge is a awesome bow, so adjustable and not as heavy as some other boss in the category. It would last your son for a decade. If your son does like it you could sell it really quick. They are 350 at Cabela's right now.
That said 350 is a lot of money especially after you add arrows a release...

Have a look at the Hoyt Ruckus Jr and Diamond Atomic. They are smaller compounds that will last for a few years. Another option might be to look at Barnett bows, they have a couple cheap ones that would do the trick.

Good luck. I love shooting archery with my kids!
Old 08-20-2014, 11:15 PM

My nephew has the Barnett package youth bow . I paid around 180 it comes pretty much ready. After a month of learning we upgraded the sights quiver and rest but it is a good bow to see if he likes the sport. Good luck and have a safe hunting season.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:38 AM

My 4 year old has a small recurve that the arrows didn't fit properly on the string. Nothing a bit of bow string serving can't fix. That is unless the string is to big?
Old 08-22-2014, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcbride View Post
My 4 year old has a small recurve that the arrows didn't fit properly on the string. Nothing a bit of bow string serving can't fix. That is unless the string is to big?
Many are too loose and a thicker serving will fit it right...or if its tight a Pro shop can serve it with thinner serving ...either way...

Neil