Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 07-31-2014, 08:39 AM

Default please delete

I was wondering who carries elite bows in the Edmonton area and if they are a decent bow
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Old 07-31-2014, 08:51 AM

They are more than a decent bow, they are great. They are definitely worth taking a look at.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:53 AM
Banned

I have the BT Experience and it suits my fancy quite well.
I have also shot the E35 as well and it was just ok for me.

But I know of several others who have made the switch or are in the process of changing to the Elite 32/35 series. They are very impressed with it's smoothness back wall and letoff.

The Elite 32 or 35 series are making a big impact and you surely will be making a good choice if you decide to invest in one.

Needless to say you should try several brands before committing.

Good luck
Old 07-31-2014, 09:01 AM

Elite are nice bows....I know a guy who switched from Bowtech to Elite but is switching back....Elite bows have a smooth draw but are not super fast. He was looking for a faster bow. IMHO the Experience would be a great all around bow...I like mine that's for sure!

Check on Archerytalk....lots of E32/35 go up for sale there, many are like new. Elites warranty is transferable and arguably the best in the business....hopefully someone Edmonton local picks them up....Wolverine in Red Deer is closest dealer I know other than North Battleford Bait and Tackle.

LC
Old 07-31-2014, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Elite are nice bows....I know a guy who switched from Bowtech to Elite but is switching back....Elite bows have a smooth draw but are not super fast. He was looking for a faster bow. IMHO the Experience would be a great all around bow...I like mine that's for sure!

LC
Agreed. The 2 guys I know that switched to the Elite 35 this spring have switched to other manufacturers since. Speed and shootability were the complaints.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:10 AM

Default Elite bows

I have a Elite 35 and it is a great bow solid back wall and a great shooter, only con would be a tad on the heavy side.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:12 AM

I have shot a few bows over the past year and have settled into the Elite E35 and bought 2 of them. One for target and one for hunting. They are not a speed bow but are not slow either. I am getting 289fps out of a 5.5gpi arrow with 60.2KE. More than enough for any animal around here. The grip takes a bit to get used to as it likes a low grip and I am a high to med high grip. Once you figure it out it is the bomb. The draw cycle is smooth as butter and with the dual limb stops the back wall is solid. Fit and finish on these bows I would say is best in the industry right now. I have been super pleased with mine, have had zero tuning issues, and am really pleased. I found the E32 draw was not as good as the E35 for me but try them both. I also heard that Accurate Archery was trying to get them in so try calling them. Hope you enjoy what ever bow you decide on.

Cheers, Dave.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:24 AM

^^^^^

Definitely the guy who knows Elite bows, they are a smooth drawing bow with a great warranty. A local dealer would make a killing on them up here I think.

LC
Old 07-31-2014, 09:40 AM

Thanks everyone I'm an experienced shooter. Just not knowledgable when it comes to the elites. Found a good deal on an elite 35 just wanted to shoot one first.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Old 07-31-2014, 09:49 AM

last I heard nearest is Red Deer

They are a great bow...
Issue is although warrenty is good ...what happens if you have a wreak...everyone says it wont happen to them....I know cause I work on dozens and dozens of those shooters...lol

Parts will have to go to that shop ...ordered from states...4-6 wks for most major parts cept for cams and strings...

I would like to see more PRO shops carrying them

oh BTW APA is Canadian, awesome bows, lifetime warrenty and parts are as close as overnight...lol

http://www.apaarchery.com/canada/bows

Neil
Old 07-31-2014, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.O.S.T.Arrow View Post
last I heard nearest is Red Deer

They are a great bow...
Issue is although warrenty is good ...what happens if you have a wreak...everyone says it wont happen to them....I know cause I work on dozens and dozens of those shooters...lol

Parts will have to go to that shop ...ordered from states...4-6 wks for most major parts cept for cams and strings...

I would like to see more PRO shops carrying them

oh BTW APA is Canadian, awesome bows, lifetime warrenty and parts are as close as overnight...lol

http://www.apaarchery.com/canada/bows

Neil
Their warranty....they send you a new bow as a loaner, next day....no matter where you are. Just send your specs, ready to shoot.

Elite Hunt Guarantee
Elite Archery believes that our customers are top priority and we want our customers to be 100% confident in their bows. Elite Archery is comprised of dedicated and passionate bow hunters – for this reason we offer a unique guarantee for our hunting customers.

It happens. You are on the hunt of a lifetime and you accidentally touch your broadhead to your string. You are taking your one-week of vacation to hunt with your friends and your buddy dry-fires your bow. If there isn’t a bow shop within driving distance, your hunt is over – but not if you’re shooting an Elite bow. No matter where you are or what happened to your bow, Elite will send a bow to you at no charge the very next day so that you can finish your hunt. This bow is on loan from Elite Archery and not intended to replace your damaged bow. The loaner bow will arrive with the customers requested draw weight and length, with a rest, sight and peep installed. The bow will be tuned and ready to shoot. It will only need to be sighted in with the customer’s arrows.

If something happens to your bow while on your hunt, please call us at 877-503-5483 and ask for the warranty department. The bows must be returned to us in the condition that they were shipped with all accessories. The loaner bow must be sent using a shipping company that provides package tracking. Our goal is to make sure you can finish your hunt, no matter where you are, no matter what happened.

LC
Old 07-31-2014, 09:56 AM

Default Elite bows

Their warranty clearly states that if you have a wreck they will deliver a replacement to you ASAP, all you need to do is give them model, poundage and draw length and they say they'll make it happen. You can then use it until yours is repaired. I don't know of anyone else that offers that commitment.

Ha, just read your post lefty, I was writing while you were posting. Lol
Old 07-31-2014, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normanrd View Post
Their warranty clearly states that if you have a wreck they will deliver a replacement to you ASAP, all you need to do is give them model, poundage and draw length and they say they'll make it happen. You can then use it until yours is repaired. I don't know of anyone else that offers that commitment.

Ha, just read your post lefty, I was writing while you were posting. Lol

I agree...no one has as good a warranty as that, that is what really had me thinking about Elite bows....

LC
Old 07-31-2014, 10:25 AM

True However...Parts and bows still come from the USA...I had stuff hit the border same day with overnight courier fom within the states...

Than have that package sit at the border for near two weeks...

No time guareentee's when it comes to the borders

Neil
Old 07-31-2014, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.O.S.T.Arrow View Post
True However...Parts and bows still come from the USA...I had stuff hit the border same day with overnight courier fom within the states...

Than have that package sit at the border for near two weeks...

No time guareentee's when it comes to the borders

Neil
Point taken BUT Does anyone else offer anything close to this? How fast does APA get parts out? The shooter still has to get to a pro shop for the repair.... Only certain shops deal APA....with Elite the bow comes to you

Company I work for gets me next day parts from Littlefalls Delaware almost daily....we must have customs exemption?

LC
Old 07-31-2014, 10:41 AM

I have shot the XLR, GT-500, Hunter and now E35. No complaints and never an issue with the Elite products...

Best of luck on your quest for a new bow.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
Thanks everyone I'm an experienced shooter. Just not knowledgable when it comes to the elites. Found a good deal on an elite 35 just wanted to shoot one first.
If you are going to nationals I will be there and if you would like you can shoot my bow to get a feel. Or if you are in for a little run come on down to lacombe and give her a whirl. I know Neil carries APA and they are worth shooting for me the only bow I liked was their new 37" ATA target bow. They do not have the smooth draw nor the solid back wall but you never really get that from a cable stop I feel, always some sponge to them.

Cheers, Elk
Old 07-31-2014, 12:20 PM

Bomar builds a draw stop that turns the cable stop into a rock solid back wall. They make them for hoyt, pse and bowtech. Really evens the different style of stop feel substantially.
Old 07-31-2014, 07:09 PM

Thanks everyone. I spoke with Lawrence at accurate archery sounds like he will be carrying Elite in the near future. He said it would be a good bow for me considering my bad shoulder and neck. Looks like I'll be buying the elite can't complain at $650.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:09 PM

I shoot a GT-500 and love it.

My buddy is an Elite shooter was looking for an E-35. He phones all over Sask, Alta and BC and the best price was Gord at Big Timber Archery in Grande Prairie. It was around $850 plus tax and he spent a couple hours transfering the old sight, rest and quiver, setting the bow up and letting my buddy shoot it. Nice to have a dealer so close to us, check him out.

http://www.bigtimberarchery.com/

Cheers

SS