Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-31-2014, 03:37 AM

Default this from Health Canada...

Health Canada is recalling a push lawn mower that's engine can stay on, even after you turn it off.

The blades on the 21-inch Honda-powered gas mower by Husqvarna can continue to rotate after it's shut off.

There are no reports of anyone being hurt, but if the user isn't aware, they could get cut when reaching under the deck to clear a clog or other debris, said Health Canada.

Related Links

Push mower recall notice

About 1,900 units were sold from January to June of this year.

If you own an affected mower, you're asked to stop using it and take it to the nearest authorized dealer for repairs.
and go to the Health Canada's web site for names of affected models.

Read more: http://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/push-mowe...#ixzz392MseV7V
Old 07-31-2014, 07:44 AM

Where can I buy one ? Wife keeps bitching about the dead Man handle switch that shuts off every time you release your grip Then of course, there are the ones that won't run without a bag. can't help but believe People have become totally Stupid.

Grizz
Old 07-31-2014, 08:32 AM

I think I was about 9 when I started mowing grass. I remember having to shut the mower off by pulling the spark plug wire off the plug with a stick and holding it away until the engine would sputter to a stop. About once a year, I would forget the stick, grab the plug wire bare-handed, leap backwards, taste my fillings, and remember to use my "safety device" the next time.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokan99 View Post
I think I was about 9 when I started mowing grass. I remember having to shut the mower off by pulling the spark plug wire off the plug with a stick and holding it away until the engine would sputter to a stop. About once a year, I would forget the stick, grab the plug wire bare-handed, leap backwards, taste my fillings, and remember to use my "safety device" the next time.
Yup or choking it out on the carb to kill it. I would say it was hot to the old man, but he just responded that it builds character. LOL
Old 07-31-2014, 09:09 AM

While Health Canada fusses with lawnmowers, the UK is considering
travel restrictions in and out of Africa re: Ebola
Old 07-31-2014, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twofifty View Post
While Health Canada fusses with lawnmowers, the UK is considering
travel restrictions in and out of Africa re: Ebola
Canada issued a travel warning yesterday on Sierra Leone, Liberia and Guinea.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokan99 View Post
I had to do the same thing as a kid

With all the banning of things deemed un safe how is natural selection going to weed out stupid people
Old 07-31-2014, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Where can I buy one ? Wife keeps bitching about the dead Man handle switch that shuts off every time you release your grip Then of course, there are the ones that won't run without a bag. can't help but believe People have become totally Stupid.

Grizz

Tie strap loop just larger than the handle. Slides up over the dead man when you want to warm up the lawn mower or what ever, slides out of the way when in use. It works on mine as the dead man is the length of the push bar.

A friend had a home made mini bike, we had to pull the plug to shut it down too. Been there done that on the forget and get zapped scenario.

My bro in laws lawn mower wouldn't start so he said. I came over and said hold this here and we will see if it has spark. Non insulated cap, just sat on the plug. Not even a 1/4 of a pull and I knew we had spark
Old 07-31-2014, 12:54 PM

Did ya say *&^%#%&(**^@$ really fast too??