Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-12-2014, 09:48 AM
Precisionshooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twofifty View Post

Could you not get a hold of the club's membership email list and bring your suggestions forward that way and also through AGM resolutions instead of on a public forum?

There in lies part of the dilemma. The concept can work under normal circumstances when dealing with the right people. A public forum is a useful tool when other tools are just too worn out if you get my drift. When was the last time you were at an AGM at the SGGC? You can PM me if you like to take it off line.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:48 AM

Quote:
I agree that getting membership involvement is the best thing for any club, regardless of how well the executive runs it.

Could you not get a hold of the club's membership email list and bring your suggestions forward that way and also through AGM resolutions instead of on a public forum?

some people who have done that get punted, this I know for a fact !

they do not communicate well and should have done a small write up on this and can gun nutz to quell the tide of guys who want action now

Cement Bench
Old 07-12-2014, 08:29 PM

So if it closes the only remaining one is Wabamun range? Which has been closer for most of the summer waiting for CFO approval.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masalma View Post
So if it closes the only remaining one is Wabamun range? Which has been closer for most of the summer waiting for CFO approval.
I think CHAS is still accepting members??
Old 07-12-2014, 09:37 PM

That is bad news for the sport. But I doubt anything we do will influence their decision. Final decision has probably already been made and the rest is just process and politics. New developments will bring a lot more money than what the club and its members will contribute to the local economy.

Crappy deal but politics at its best.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:55 PM

You would think that if a CFO can not maintain a reasonable amount of ranges open for the shooting populous, they would stop enforcing the arbitrary rule about belonging to a range to purchase/continue to own restricted firearms.
Old 07-13-2014, 12:16 AM

As for a boycott on county business goes, lump in most if not all independant fuel retailers as Parkland/Petrohaul now a division of Wiebe, a subsidiary of Seaboard based in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia supplies product to esso, race trac gas, fas gas and darned near every mom and pop two pump corner store between Athabasca and Cyprus Hills. That should put the hurt on.

Its funny how folks don't mind the very real chance of golf balls crashing through their bay windows or the toddlers playing in the backyard but the threat of lead moving at perpendicular angles three miles away makes them soil their dockers.
Old 07-14-2014, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colroggal View Post
As for a boycott on county business goes, lump in most if not all independant fuel retailers as Parkland/Petrohaul now a division of Wiebe, a subsidiary of Seaboard based in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia supplies product to esso, race trac gas, fas gas and darned near every mom and pop two pump corner store between Athabasca and Cyprus Hills. That should put the hurt on.

Its funny how folks don't mind the very real chance of golf balls crashing through their bay windows or the toddlers playing in the backyard but the threat of lead moving at perpendicular angles three miles away makes them soil their dockers.

I never really thought of it that way but good point!
Old 07-14-2014, 02:26 PM

When these type of issues arise, I can't help but feel the biggest part of the problem is noise. I wish they (county/government) would use this to push for suppressors to reduce the volume. I know reducing the volume to where I did not have hearing damage occuring would be great.
Old 07-14-2014, 03:56 PM
Banned

Thumbs down

http://www.mountainviewgazette.ca/ar...ng-noise-bylaw

http://www.mvmarksmans.com/

Nothing heard from these guys in the last year, no idea on what there doing with our membership $ or any future plans.

The closure even had members of this forum selling themselves out to try and gain some status in there political riding. Go figure how low some people will fly

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showt...t=mountainview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Took a few pics, this morning. Sure is a far cry from the Rocky or a couple of other ranges, I have seen. I thought a call to the weed inspector might be warranted. The feed back I'm getting is, Used to be a member and shoot there. Not anymore. It was built to meet the needs of the community. Doesn't do that anymore. Shut er down.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:04 AM
Precisionshooter

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=224502
Old 07-17-2014, 06:13 PM

Default You've got to be kidding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 338ultra View Post
Does anybody know if membership fees will be refunded?
I wouldn't give up that quickly and the cost of legal challenges is just beginning up to and including litigation for loss of business and from the land-owner, loss of revenue from rentals.

The lady who claims she saw a projectile pass by her windshield truly has remarkable vision as a bullet traveling at 2,500 feet per second is also traveling at 1,704.5 miles per hour!

The projectile that was "embedded" in a piece of trim on a residence showed no deformation and could not have impacted the wood and penetrated the wood without showing at least a minor degree of deformation. The bullet could not have come from the range.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:24 PM

Default on fabricating evidence

If people are maliciously fabricating evidence (bullet embedded into siding that is alleged to have been fired from a nearby range) they ought to be charged with some sort of crime.

Similar events have occurred elsewhere, thinking specifically of Lethbridge.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:46 PM

Default It is called Public Mischief

Quote:
If people are maliciously fabricating evidence (bullet embedded into siding that is alleged to have been fired from a nearby range) they ought to be charged with some sort of crime.

Similar events have occurred elsewhere, thinking specifically of Lethbridge.
And even more difficult to prove without evidence and circumstances!
Old 07-17-2014, 06:49 PM

Any truth to the rumor that one of the women in the area complained about bullets hitting her property and her proof was fully loaded cartridges she claimed to find?she did not understand that only the bullet was fired out of a firearm and got called on her b.s.
Sure hope she is facing charges if its true.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:39 PM

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw
Old 07-17-2014, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANG View Post
Any truth to the rumor that one of the women in the area complained about bullets hitting her property and her proof was fully loaded cartridges she claimed to find?she did not understand that only the bullet was fired out of a firearm and got called on her b.s.
Sure hope she is facing charges if its true.
I seem to remember the pictures in the media. She won't be, this is the new world order, we should succumb.

Welcome to the new reality.

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw