Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-23-2014, 07:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDave View Post
This seems pretty mild compared to what bible thumper have done to others for centuries. You are now a Christian. Don't agree? Lose your head. Chop.
We are Christian, your not. We are taking your children and raising them our way. While we are at it our religious leaders will rape them. Nope your name is not Christian enough, it must be changed.

Maybe its about time some Christians get what their religion gave out. Try having to be one of the abused for a change. Abused Christians. Funny. I have known enough abused natives that I have no sympathy for your cause.
See. I can't agree. Gotta say those weren't Christians in the first place.

Either way, statements like yours are why I gotta bow of of this convo.

Just makes me angry for someone to wish death on another. Especially a pregnant nursing mother.

You need to check your head son.
Old 05-23-2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by connexion123 View Post
Where do I begin with this...
Don't bother, that's the best advise I can give.
You know the truth, some just cannot hear it, others don't want to, and others ........ well, I'll now take my own advice .
Old 05-23-2014, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by openfire View Post
Under Sudanese law, Muslim women may only marry Muslim men.
When in Rome do as the Romans do! When in the Sudan do as the Sudanese do or at least do not openly break their law. If these two wanted to marry, they should have went to a country where the marriage would be legal. Were they not aware of the consequences?
Old 05-23-2014, 07:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by covey ridge View Post
When in Rome do as the Romans do! When in the Sudan do as the Sudanese do or at least do not openly break their law. If these two wanted to marry, they should have went to a country where the marriage would be legal. Were they not aware of the consequences?
What about gays?

Muslim countries won't allow that.

People lose their minds in civilized countries if there is one iota of anything they perceive is against gays.

Go to sudan and live in an open homosexual lifestyle and see what happens.

When in rome...
Old 05-23-2014, 08:00 PM

[QUOTE=Luxor;2442678]
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
The thing with religion is that it does not "evolve".

It is what it is, no different now than 2000 years ago, or 1400 if you are a Muslim, or 5000 years ago if you are a Jew.

You dont alter religion to suit the needs of today. To do so means your God wasnt thinking ahead.....

Untrue
Religion and beliefs have come a long long way.
There are hundreds of Gods and many interpretations.
The Egyptions believed in many Gods as did the Greeks, Aztecs, Inca's and so on.
Christianity has evolved into the New Testiment with many offshoots to suit certain beliefs.

Religion has evolved just as Science and knowledge has.

I do not think God changes ever. I think that what changes is how people understand their relationship to God if any and their ideas of what God expects of them. I am not sure if religions and belief has come a long way or not or just changed. Maybe some religions including Christianity have evolved but for the most part religious beliefs are very slow to change and some resist such change and close their minds resulting in extreme fundamentalism. Fundamentalist Christians or fundamentalist Islam, I can not tell the difference! Religious or atheist, I can not tell the difference! Both have good and not so good followers. Canadian law and Sudanese law? I can tell the difference!
Old 05-23-2014, 09:15 PM

Quote:
What about gays?
Muslim countries won't allow that.

People lose their minds in civilized countries if there is one iota of anything they perceive is against gays.

Go to sudan and live in an open homosexual lifestyle and see what happens.

When in rome...
What about gays?

If one chooses the gay lifestyle, I do not think it wise to come out of the closet in a fundamentalist country like the Sudan! That is just plain stupid!
Old 05-23-2014, 09:33 PM

Quote:
See. I can't agree. Gotta say those weren't Christians in the first place.
Either way, statements like yours are why I gotta bow of of this convo.

Just makes me angry for someone to wish death on another. Especially a pregnant nursing mother.

You need to check your head son.
Those were terrible things that MrDave mentioned but they were done in the name of Christianity and by those who claimed that they were Christian. To claim that the offenders were not Christian is simply denial of the ugly by product of religion. I too am angry by those who wish the death of another as you say, but I feel like puking every time I hear of a denial like yours by someone claiming some religious high ground.
Old 05-24-2014, 03:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by covey ridge View Post
Those were terrible things that MrDave mentioned but they were done in the name of Christianity and by those who claimed that they were Christian. To claim that the offenders were not Christian is simply denial of the ugly by product of religion. I too am angry by those who wish the death of another as you say, but I feel like puking every time I hear of a denial like yours by someone claiming some religious high ground.

No high ground here at all. Zero. Zip zilch. And like I earlier stated, I'm done the conversation now. Should have left it a while ago.

See ya.
Old 05-24-2014, 07:33 AM

The simple fact that someone is prepared to kill another person, over their choice of religion, shows just how dangerous religion is.
As to religion evolving, every time a better salesman comes along with his new twist on things, he will sway some people over to his version of how things are really supposed to be. The better the salesman, the more people he will convince that his way is the best way.