Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-10-2014, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchardy1972 View Post
So your saying 40000 rounds is a two year supply? Give me a break.
Give us a break and tell us all, how four cases of 5,000 each, adds up to 40,000.

And unlike many people that are currently scrambling around looking to buy whatever they can find, and are paying whatever the current price is, I plan ahead, find what I want, and buy it by the case to save money, and to not have to scrounge around looking for more, every month or so. I will be looking for another case or two, when my supply gets down to a case or two, which will likely be in another couple of years.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 05-10-2014 at 11:14 AM.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:39 AM

Store shelfs are still pretty well stocked around here. Just left the coop hardware store and they have a pile. Prices were normal too.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Store shelfs are still pretty well stocked around here. Just left the coop hardware store and they have a pile. Prices were normal too.
So did you notice any RWS Championchip Edition, SK Standard Plus, or CCI Standard Velocity on the shelf at the Coop?
Old 05-10-2014, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
So did you notice any RWS Championchip Edition, SK Standard Plus, or CCI Standard Velocity on the shelf at the Coop?
Or a particular lot of Lapua or Eley Tennex for that matter?
Cat
Old 05-10-2014, 04:25 PM

Bet you would like to know what is on the shelves around here. Would like to share but you'd probably buy it all.
Old 05-10-2014, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Bet you would like to know what is on the shelves around here. Would like to share but you'd probably buy it all.

I have no desire to purchase the bulk crap that Coop usually stocks.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:14 PM

I have to chuckle at people crying about a business selling volume of anything to a customer. If a customer walked into my store and asked to buy all my inventory of something, I'd ask him to kindly pull up to the loading dock and thank him for it, jeez.

It's called planning ahead, and if you didn't see limited supply coming a year ago, you weren't paying attention. Things will return to normal to a degree in the next year or so, but it's still going to be a bit. I've always bought what I could when I could. Ammo is not going to ever go down in price. Not ever. Ever. A case of ammo I bought a couple years ago was $300.00, last year $349.00, now $389.00. It's not going to ever be $300.00 again. I have an adequate supply of all I need except 1 powder for a round I wasn't loading a year ago and I have a few months before I'll run out of that.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Like I stated before, it is no business of the store's if I want to buy a box, a carton, a case, or a freakin' TRUCKLOAD of ammo of any sort, pr cornflakes and coffee for that matter.
Cat
I dunno, if its beneficial to the store to bring guys in I'd definitely cap it. Look at grocery stores they do it all the time with sales. I believe a lot of retailers are already imposing caps on powder also.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:30 AM

Eventually people will get fed up buying from gougers and hoarders at rip of prices and stop buying ammo from them.
Result? The speculators will have to dump all that ammo at cost or below cost to clear it all out.
See, the market all takes care of it. We do not need dealers to limit x cases per customer.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
I dunno, if its beneficial to the store to bring guys in I'd definitely cap it. Look at grocery stores they do it all the time with sales. I believe a lot of retailers are already imposing caps on powder also.
I've seen gunstores and places like Canadian tire offer killer deals , but with the caveat "one per customer"
That is quite different from me going into Outdoor Essentials in Town here and buying 20 cases for trap loads!
I may not use all of them this year, but I certainly will next year, while I restock!
The trick is to not run out, not buy just what one needs then complain when they can't find any of their favourite ammo.
I don't resell my ammo BTW, except to someone who needs some on a pinch, and even then i prefer they repay me in the same quantity that they borrowed.
I don't buy ammo to hoard it, but to shoot it!
Cat
Old 05-11-2014, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
Eventually people will get fed up buying from gougers and hoarders at rip of prices and stop buying ammo from them.
Result? The speculators will have to dump all that ammo at cost or below cost to clear it all out.
See, the market all takes care of it. We do not need dealers to limit x cases per customer.
Until the supply and demand situation changes drastically, the businesses will be able to sell everything that they put on the shelf. As to those of us that buy larger amounts of ammunition, and reloading supplies, most of us buy it to shoot it, not to sell it. As to the prices that I have paid for what I have, I hardly expect that the prices will ever drop down below those prices again. Unlike many products , the price of ammunition just seems to keep increasing.