Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 04-02-2014, 08:51 PM

Default Rosebud Open House May 10, 2014

Rosebud Silhouette and Benchrest Club is pleased to announce we will have an OPEN HOUSE on May 10th, from 9am-4pm.

This will appeal to anyone interested in learning about the Club and trying their hand at BR or Silhouette. The Club will have rifles and instructors on hand, all you need to do is bring hearing and eye protection.

There will be a BBQ on site.

Vendors will also be on site with shooting related products for sale.

The OPEN HOUSE is free of charge, and everyone is welcome to attend.

Pre-registration is advised so that we have an idea of numbers planning to attend. Please send an e-mail to ROSEBUDOPENHOUSE@GMAIL.COM to pre-register.

Hope to see you there!

Last edited by rpollock; 04-02-2014 at 09:01 PM. Reason: punctuation
Old 04-02-2014, 09:10 PM

Shhh.... You said you weren't going to say anything!

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:11 AM
Banned

Hello Rick. This may be a good venue in which to introduce my younger brother into these disciplines and see how friendly the shooting crowd is. He's just made some purchases, a nice 22, a .223 and an O/U shotgun. Do you prefer that we don't bring our own equipment and use that which is provided? or can I also bring my 6BR?
Old 04-03-2014, 09:21 AM

It would be a great chance to learn about the 2 disciplines. The Club will supply the rifles and instructors, do not bring your own rifles. All you need is hearing and eye protection. Send me an e-mail at rosebudopenhouse@gmail.com to get registered.

Rick

Rick
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
Hello Rick. This may be a good venue in which to introduce my younger brother into these disciplines and see how friendly the shooting crowd is. He's just made some purchases, a nice 22, a .223 and an O/U shotgun. Do you prefer that we don't bring our own equipment and use that which is provided? or can I also bring my 6BR?
Old 04-03-2014, 11:28 AM
Banned

Will do Rick, thank-you. I'll speak to my brother and email you once I find out if he wants to attend. As far as the BBQ is concerned, is it a pot luck or bring out own lunch?
Old 04-03-2014, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
Will do Rick, thank-you. I'll speak to my brother and email you once I find out if he wants to attend. As far as the BBQ is concerned, is it a pot luck or bring out own lunch?
Rosebud will supply the BBQ. Likely burger and hot dogs and soft drinks. If you want to bring something else that is fine too. Rick
Old 04-04-2014, 08:35 AM

I'd really like to attend this, will be there for sure providing I'll be back in town that weekend. I currently work out of town, and get every second weekend off, I'll keep the email address and when I find out my schedule I'll RSVP.

Kevin
Old 04-05-2014, 08:19 AM

Will be attending this event, been to rosebud as a guest and really like the setup there, applied for membership but wasn't successful, will be trying again in November.
Guns and burgers, sounds like a great day out.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:41 AM
Banned

Brother and I are registered. Looking forward to chatting it up with you fellows and learning from the experts. Should make for a nice day.....
Old 04-13-2014, 03:50 PM

Here are a few pictures of the Rosebud Range in action. On the Benchrest side we shoot the more conventional BR rifles in Light Varmint and Heavy Varmint classes, and we also are the only place in Canada shooting the Unlimited class rifles which you can see in the last 2 photos. We will have BR rifles and gear for people to try out during the Open House. There is also a full Silhouette range out to 500m and there will be shooters available to demonstrate that discipline as well.

The range will be under the control of range officers for the demonstration of the two disciplines to interested parties. Do not bring your own rifles. All you need is eye and hearing protection.

Please pre-register at rosebudopenhouse@gmail.com so we can get a head count.

Old 05-04-2014, 02:31 PM

Bump for this event. We go May 10th. Pre-registration rosebudopenhouse@gmail is preferred so we have an accurate count of how many people we have to feed.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:47 AM

Email sent. See you there!

Eric
Old 05-06-2014, 07:15 PM

Do the open houses at the ranges go rain or shine his weekend?
“My rifle … this is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My rifle is my friend … I must master it as I must master my life. My rifle without me is useless … I will learn its strengths and weaknesses, its parts, its accessories, its sights, and its barrel. I will keep it clean and ready, we will become part of each other … before God, I swear this creed.” General William H. Rupertus
Old 05-06-2014, 07:22 PM

They Open House at Rosebud is rain or snow or shine!
Old 05-06-2014, 08:01 PM

I won't know if I'm able to go till Friday afternoon, will I still be able to come on that short of notice, even if I don't eat any burgers? Lol I'd really like to come. Please let me know.

Kevin
Old 05-06-2014, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlak View Post
I won't know if I'm able to go till Friday afternoon, will I still be able to come on that short of notice, even if I don't eat any burgers? Lol I'd really like to come. Please let me know.

Kevin
No problem.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:08 PM

Thanks so much for hosting an open house - great way to gain some prospective members who have never tried .22 silhouettes.

Kudos to the chefs - the burgers, 'dogs, potato salad were great. The members were very helpful and it was neat to see the variety of rifles/ scopes being used.

Managed to knock down a couple of chickens, couple of turkeys, and came close on a few others - thanks Stan
Old 05-10-2014, 10:20 PM

I made it this morning with my 12 year old nephew. We both had a good time. He's a gun nut in the making.
I think we may try out the silhouette match on Jun 14th.
Thanks
Old 05-11-2014, 08:22 AM

Had a great time. Burgers were great too. Thanks Rosebud Bench Rest & Silhouette club.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:29 AM

We had a good turnout yesterday. Hopefully everyone enjoyed themselves, I know the volunteers had a good time.

Many thanks to the everyone involved for giving up a Saturday to show the ropes in BR and Silhouette shooting.

Thanks to the vendors Tony Gauthier - Korth, Hornady and Leupold, Bob Jury Barrels, Scott Gaalaas - GRS Stocks.

Take note we have BR101 coming up on May 24. This is a 1 day BR school for those people seriously interested in becoming sanctioned BR competitors.

rickpollock@shaw.ca