Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 01-03-2014, 05:09 PM

Default bino harness

Just looking at getting my first bino harness, there looks like there are a ton of options just wondering on peoples recommendations. Badlands, FMF and KUIU are at the top of what i think looks good but have never tried any of them. Don't know if i want the case or not although it would come in hand at certain times. Harness comfort is top priority though. Suggestions appreciated
Old 01-03-2014, 05:12 PM

I use badlands. Really like the way the magnate is strong and keeps it closed. They do get heavy when wet which I notice sheep hunting. I'd like to see the kuiu, that would prolly be my second choice.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:19 PM

Did you get the bigger or smaller bino case from badlands?. I was looking at the kuiu one and liked it but couldnt figure out how the case stays on properly as it looks like there is no top strap on the case when the binos are pulled out the only thing holding it on is the middle strap
Old 01-03-2014, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughneck Country View Post
Did you get the bigger or smaller bino case from badlands?. I was looking at the kuiu one and liked it but couldnt figure out how the case stays on properly as it looks like there is no top strap on the case when the binos are pulled out the only thing holding it on is the middle strap
My buddy has the kuiu one and says it's the best he's ever had. I really like it and well be getting one as well soon.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:29 PM

Badlands is what I run. I can fit my calls, bino's and a radio or GPS unit. The 4S lockdown would be my second choice

Savage LTWT Hunter 111 - 6.5x284 Norma
Old 01-03-2014, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baptiste_moose View Post
Badlands is what I run. I can fit my calls, bino's and a radio or GPS unit. The 4S lockdown would be my second choice
I have the lockdown and it's great if your wearing a hoodie or a jacket with a hood. Otherwise it rides up bad on your neck. The kuiu stays put which is the whole point to me.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:52 PM

Quote:
I have both...the smaller one doesn't fit the Leica Geovids though....so I use it to put my binos in for 3D shooting.

LC
Old 01-03-2014, 06:34 PM

I have the S4 Lockdown and like it significantly better than the Swarovski one that I used to use. It stays put much better and keeps my binos from bouncing while I walk due to the 2 straps around the body.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:35 PM

Check out Oregon Pack Works. The bino bro is far lighter than the others, plus you can hand your binocs to your partner.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:55 PM

Quote:
I use the larger badlands case
Old 01-03-2014, 08:16 PM

Default Nimrod

I love my nimrod.

http://www.nimrodpacks.com/n9.html

Order extra connections for cameras, other binos etc and everthing just clicks on.

I couldn't find any canadian dealers though so I ordered from them directly. They shipped USPS so NO BROKERAGE fees
Old 01-03-2014, 09:02 PM

I have a KUIU Harness best one I have ever owned, you can have it in the case or without, and comes with a rain cover if you choose to use without the case. Sits tight against your body no flopping around, even with the binos out the case is nice and tight.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stik'em View Post
I have a KUIU Harness best one I have ever owned, you can have it in the case or without, and comes with a rain cover if you choose to use without the case. Sits tight against your body no flopping around, even with the binos out the case is nice and tight.
how does it stay on with the binos out of the case and no tension on the shoulder straps?
Old 01-04-2014, 08:15 AM

The med Kuiu I had originally was also too snug for EL Range bins so I sold it for a med FHF which fit well and I prefer the design and materials myself.

Without a pouch, I like the simple ultralight Rick Young harness. You can wrap the band around the objective end when needed too to keep them from flopping if you are belly crawling.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:24 AM

I use AGC , a little bulky but offers great protection as well as storage for other gadgets one carries.

Use to use just a harness but they don't offer much protection from the elements.

The only difference between a taxidermist and the taxman, is that the taxidermist leaves the skin...