Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 08-10-2013, 10:54 PM

Default What to buy!!

Looking to purchase a new semi but im unsure and haven't used a couple of these. Benneli SBE2, BerretaExtremma, browning Maxus. Whats recommended from those who have used these or feel free to make another suggestion. Im looking to get a semi 3-1/2 mostly for ducks-geese. I personally like the look of the browning Maxus in wood finish.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:29 PM

Shotguns are all about fit. The maxus isn't comfy to me and therefore the felt recoil to me is ridiculous!

I like Beretta. I ran an Extrema for 3 years and loved it. I have an A-400 Extreme on order now and am hoping it gets here before the season opener. Look up the specs on that one and you may be surprised. Again though, its all about the fit.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:09 PM

Default Thanks

Yeah thats one of the top runners. I also looked at winchester sx3 and thought its pretty nice. Have to make up my mind soon. Noticed they dont sell extremma 2 anymore. Trying to get the best bang for my buck as im not deep into spending dollars like i see people on here. Im not novice and not pro so Id rather play it safe for now
Old 08-11-2013, 07:32 PM

I use a Beretta Urika 2 and couldn't be happier.

-Craig

Last edited by ceedub; 08-11-2013 at 07:33 PM. Reason: misspell
Old 08-11-2013, 07:46 PM

Default Lefty shooter

As a lefty, I have found that I can not use every manufactures' equipment. I was fortunate to have access to a Remington 1100 when I started (multiple barrels), and it is still my go to upland gun - love the feel and memories of this firearm. After many years looking at a number of different brands, and humming and hawing, I settled on a Benneli SBE2 - FOR ME. My intended use was for geese/ducks, and I am not disappointed. I find it cycles very good and swings great out of the blind, in the field.

If you have the access to a number of shotguns, try them all for fit and feel. Your body will tell you the right one - they all work. Don't forget a jacket when trying them out, if this is how you shoot most often in the field.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:00 PM

I am left handed as well and have a left handed 1187. Almost no recoil and handles great. I would like to try a versa max one day though.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:30 PM

I got one of thouse SBE2 but in the walnut stock.. using the 3.5" really beats a guy up and im a big guy.. being a walnut stock it dosent have the comfort stock .. not sure if comfort stock would help in the camo or syntetic.. also its a bit of a pain to load.. to many buttons and stuff to push.. I like the maxus simple loading..
Old 08-12-2013, 10:26 AM

Default Comfort Stock

I have the comfort stock in black composite (wanted camo, couldn't find one on my timeline) and it works great. I am a bigger fella, 230+ lbs., and I shoot 3.5" Blackcloud all morning, 3 -4 boxes (only because I am not the best shot in the group). Great feeling gun, for me, but there are others out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggie29 View Post
I got one of thouse SBE2 but in the walnut stock.. using the 3.5" really beats a guy up and im a big guy.. being a walnut stock it dosent have the comfort stock .. not sure if comfort stock would help in the camo or syntetic.. also its a bit of a pain to load.. to many buttons and stuff to push.. I like the maxus simple loading..