Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 10-28-2004, 10:27 AM
timberj

Default Upgraded my POL to PAL

Just a quick note to let you know that I have upgraded to PAL, and that since I took the firearms course prior to 1997, I qualify for restricted weapons as well. The process was completely painless, and got results back in 4 weeks. I used the CFC web site to track the process, works well.
Old 03-25-2005, 01:41 AM
rustyguts

I upgraded mine also. checked online and found that it was approved and had to wait the 28 day waiting period(bah humbug) and it would be mailed to me
Old 03-29-2005, 04:32 PM
upgrade

Default upgrade

Speaking of upgrade I just sent in for my restricted licence A whole new world of spending oppurtunity awaits! If I can sneak one or 2 past the wife that is:rollin
Where did you check online to see when yours was approved?
Old 03-29-2005, 04:41 PM
oops!

Default oops!

I looked a little harder and I found it
Old 03-30-2005, 06:11 PM
Whitetailer

Default Re: oops!

Please don't this the wrong way. But out of curiosity, why did you apply for a restricted permit as well?

And why the hell is taking longer than that to get my damn income tax refund ??? lol.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:53 PM
McCurdy1234

Quote:
Please don't this the wrong way. But out of curiosity, why did you apply for a restricted permit as well?
In short because I can, and I better do it before I can't {Govt}. I've been out lots with friends that own restricted rifles and handguns and enjoy shooting. I'd like to get involved in competion shooting but opportunities in GP are few and far between.

And I want to be like the Duke:rollin
Old 04-03-2005, 06:07 PM
Pappy in AB

Why not a restricted permit? The bad guys are packin' hand guns withourt a permit. There is nothing wrong with the good guys packin' guns, is there?