Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-09-2013, 10:14 PM

Default Crazy Russian or Slingshot Master?

http://youtu.be/jMuI634RAYI

I have seen a few of his videos, this pump action hex nut shooter is pretty new...
and somewhat terrifying.
If I hear an Ex-Kgb fella buying nuts and bolts at home depot, I am certainly going to befriend him.

Hope he is a skilled master of destruction and not just going to use me to help build a dog shed tho.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:08 AM

He must be a slingshot master, cause he sure ain't a Russian!

Swede or Norsk, perhaps.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:21 AM

Ich glaube der is ein Deutscher. I believe he is a German. I believe he is good hearted soul too with an economics background.

The Slingshot Channel is a hobby based, non-profit operation.
We don’t sell slingshots, and we don’t ever want to make money with the channel.
It is all about the fun.

Jörg Sprave, the team leader and owner, was born 1965 in Dortmund/Germany, where he lived for the first 18 years of his life. He then studied economy at the university of Paderborn and achieved a master’s degree in business administration (1989). After a long career in the field of electronic and entertainment product development and distribution, he is currently the CEO of a mid size consumer electronics company located in Kronach/Germany.

He likes weapons of all kinds, including firearms and knifes, but his special love is currently dedicated towards slingshots. He has made hundreds of frames, but also invented several slingshot crossbows and other rubber powered weapons.

Other hobbies are weightlifting, collecting fountain pens and riding enduro motorbikes.

Jörg Sprave is also a renowned author with several short stories published online, but also two books in print (both in the German language). He lives with his family in Burgkunstadt/Germany
Old 04-10-2013, 12:46 AM

He is certainly ambitious, intelligent and skilled at what he does.
Being able to Sling Shot a chainsaw, takes brains
and Balls.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkhunt View Post
Ich glaube der is ein Deutscher. I believe he is a German. I believe he is good hearted soul too with an economics background.

The Slingshot Channel is a hobby based, non-profit operation.
We don’t sell slingshots, and we don’t ever want to make money with the channel.
It is all about the fun.

Jörg Sprave, the team leader and owner, was born 1965 in Dortmund/Germany, where he lived for the first 18 years of his life. He then studied economy at the university of Paderborn and achieved a master’s degree in business administration (1989). After a long career in the field of electronic and entertainment product development and distribution, he is currently the CEO of a mid size consumer electronics company located in Kronach/Germany.

He likes weapons of all kinds, including firearms and knifes, but his special love is currently dedicated towards slingshots. He has made hundreds of frames, but also invented several slingshot crossbows and other rubber powered weapons.

Other hobbies are weightlifting, collecting fountain pens and riding enduro motorbikes.

Jörg Sprave is also a renowned author with several short stories published online, but also two books in print (both in the German language). He lives with his family in Burgkunstadt/Germany
x2... ive been following this guy for years now.. hes awesome and makes some real cool stuff. in fact a friend of mine started manufacturing his own slingshots and has made some reall cool and powerful ones as well...
Old 04-10-2013, 05:08 PM

In one episode he describes that in his country, wrist or arm supports on a sling shot are prohibited devices. To get around this he installs massive counterweights on the bottom of his slingshots!

What a country - when wrist supports on slingshots are prohibited!
Old 04-10-2013, 05:22 PM

Ha thats great!
Old 04-10-2013, 06:04 PM
Banned

Go to his site.

If I was a Industrial Arts teacher, I would be making lesson plans for making his stuff.

I am sure there is way to get around the curriculum for a couple of days.