Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-05-2007, 08:54 PM
70chevy

Default Just a little poem

It is interesting that the federal government provides a single refugee with a monthly allowance of $1,890.00 and each can also get an additional $580.00 in social assistance for a total of $2,470.00.

This compares very well to a single pensioner who after contributing to the growth and development of Canada for 40 to 50 years

only receives a monthly maximum of $1,012.00 in old age pension and Guaranteed Income Supplement.
Maybe our pensioners should apply as refugees!

Let's send this to all Canadians, so we can all be ticked off and maybe we can get the refugees cut back to $1,012.00 and the pensioners up to $2,470.00 and enjoy some of the money we were forced to submit to the Government over the last 40 or 50 years.

Please forward to every Canadian to expose what our elected politicians are doing - to the over-taxed Canadian.
It gets worse. Now they are giving 10.5 million dollars to those who complain the most.

Canadian Government Seniors Policy
Old 03-06-2007, 02:23 PM
Scooterj

Default Poem?

Whether the bottom half of this is true or just an urban legend, who knows, and if it is true it is a shame, but the top half is utterly racist, and I hope a Mod deletes it immediately. This board, along with Canada, is multi-racial, and this stuff borders on hate mongering. I would think it has no place being posted on this board. I don't know about you, but some time ago(100yrs?) my relatives were also immigrants, from Wales, and I'll bet they didn't have to listen to crap like this.:rolleyes
Old 03-06-2007, 03:05 PM
Brady

70chevy, that "poem" has no place on this board. It has been removed.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:06 PM
varmitr

after rethinking my comments, i deleted them.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:32 PM
Okotokian

I haven't insulted anyone here yet, but you sorely test me 70 Chevy. I'll try to keep to my own rule though. I used to work in Social Services... WAY lower proportion of immigrants on welfare long term than native born Canadians. Love to see where you get those support stats.. and PLEASE don't refer me to some Ernst Zundel Keep Canada Christian and White Coallition website.

And even the support that REFUGEES fleeing oppression get short term doesn't bother me. They need our help.

The vast majority of immigrants work. Many (like doctors) work at much more menial jobs than they are qualified for. They own and work at your local corner store. Hell, they even drive your cab for goodness sake! So enough of urging others to start a writing campaign. If you want to try intelligent debate, fine. Starting out with some racist idiotic poem really says where you are coming from though.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:53 PM
FiveO

Like to see where your getting your stats Okotakian. You seem to no it all. Please direct us to a web site.

Many people right here in this country need our help and have contibuted to CPP, UI and some even served Canada in a time of need. Canada is a great place to live but we should take care of our own rather than import folks for growth maybe we should offer better benefits to single income families so they can afford to have 2 or 3 kids a piece and not have five aunts and uncles and parents living in one home to support basic needs.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:14 PM
Okotokian

Five-O, I don't have any problem at all with your argument that we should take care of our own. I agree. I even agree our immigration policy needs a MAJOR overhaul. I was just reacting to the original racist "poem" about those in turbans which has now been deleted.

Varmitr, agreed. I have no problem with suggestions that immigrants who commit major crimes should be shipped back, etc. etc. It should be an earned priviledge to live here. We just need to keep in mind that most of us are sons of immigrants... so they want to get here for the money and to avoid the crappy conditions in their homelands? So did my great grand-parents.

We DO need immigrants. I work in human resources now. We need people with skills, from anywhere. It's holding back our development. We also need more people to pay MY old age pension when I get it, since we just aren't having enough kids (like me with my two). We just need to do it intelligently and fairly... and with some respect.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:41 PM
70chevy

oops sorry everyone,did not mean to offend,crossed the line on that one
Old 03-06-2007, 10:38 PM
varmitr

well said Oko.
checks and balances

70chevy i was not offended, i just loaded my typing finger before i was really ready to fire.
regards
varmitr
Old 03-09-2007, 11:07 AM
shotgun

No offense taken. Yes we are all from immigrant families.

My families poem would read something about scraping together last pennies to get on boat, coming cross country, finding and breaking and farming land that would support themselves and their family...

You are more than welcome here if you want to contribute if not do not bother coming.

I am not racist just a realist.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:28 AM
FiveO

Well said with the Realist not racist. I find its getting harder and harder to speak up without a racist card being pulled and i dont think im alone on this one.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:01 PM
shotgun

Yes, the race card is wearing thin isn't?
Old 03-09-2007, 01:04 PM
sheep hunter

I heard on the news yesterday that Canada could be contravening an international treaty on racism by using the term "visible minority" Apparently there are toughts by many that the term is racist in itself. It was the U.S. slapping us the most for using the term.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:59 PM
shotgun

Yeah Sheep I read that article too. What a joke. Like I said I am all for all types of people from all types of background participating in Canadian society I think that we should demand that they do just that, Participate.

I with you Five.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:00 PM
M70

FiveO in thirty years you may not want to be called Caucasian either. Language changes. I suppose the frustration that all of us feel is what term should we use to describe different groups at the present time. It's part of the process of living together. It' s hard to keep up with all the different terms but it's not impossible. I remember the old Flintstones cartoons where they sing about having a "gay old time." If someone asked me if I was gay I would suspect they didn't mean happy. :eek

I just want to clarify I'm not gay in the modern sense of the word........not that there's anything wrong with that......
Old 03-09-2007, 02:03 PM
Okotokian

I'm not sure how we can deal with issues of race, etc., if we can't use words to identify anyone. "We are committed to developing programs to help some people". "What people?" "We can't say."

We just completed Black History Month, but there are apparently no black people anymore. We just have African Canadians and African Americans. I always wondered... would a white guy who emigrated from South Africa be an African Canadian? Or an arab Egyptian that came here? Still from Africa. Crazy.

I totally understand that some of the names used to denote race in the past were very derogatory and should be banished forever, but we have to be reasonable.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:22 PM
FiveO

I announce to Canada that I FiveO will take offense if i am ever again called A White from here forward. I will be called Caucasian. If any person ever calls me white agian i will call the National news and get in touch with the government immediatley.

LOL:rollin :lol
Old 03-09-2007, 03:51 PM
Okotokian

Quote:
I announce to Canada that I FiveO will take offense if i am ever again called A White from here forward. I will be called Caucasian. If any person ever calls me white agian i will call the National news and get in touch with the government immediatley.
Five -0, actually I think the proper terminology for you these days would be "European Canadian"

And M70, thanks for the clarification. So you are actually an old-fashioned gay... :lol