Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-06-2013, 11:44 AM

Default Easton 4 man Ice cube

Hey boys just wondering if these are fixable, the issue that I have is that the rod end has ripped though the material on the floor end of the shanty so the result is that the one hub will not hold the one side open. . I was wondering if this is common and more importantly is it fixable. I wonder if they have replacement part for this or if someone with sewing skills could repair or if it is better to go new. I don't want to wait till ice season is over to get it fixed either.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabers Best View Post
Hey boys just wondering if these are fixable, the issue that I have is that the rod end has ripped though the material on the floor end of the shanty so the result is that the one hub will not hold the one side open. . I was wondering if this is common and more importantly is it fixable. I wonder if they have replacement part for this or if someone with sewing skills could repair or if it is better to go new. I don't want to wait till ice season is over to get it fixed either.
I broke a pole on mine last weekend. If u want ill buy a pole off u if u can't fix yours.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fed View Post
I broke a pole on mine last weekend. If u want ill buy a pole off u if u can't fix yours.
Maybe
Old 01-06-2013, 03:35 PM

Ok. Let me know how u make out
Old 01-06-2013, 04:02 PM

If people knew your location maybe someone could help

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 01-06-2013, 04:05 PM
Banned

call some mtn hiking stores....some of them fix camping equipment.....they'll sew it up proper
Old 01-06-2013, 04:31 PM

Buy the girl friend or wife the materials needed and a realy good supper out. I'm sure they could sew it it up in no time. Supper first! Thier choice of resturant. Ask politely after the third or fourth glass of wine.

Gonna get me a 16" perch.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim473 View Post
Buy the girl friend or wife the materials needed and a realy good supper out. I'm sure they could sew it it up in no time. Supper first! Thier choice of resturant. Ask politely after the third or fourth glass of wine.
OH BOYEEEEE
Would be cheaper to get a pro to do it.....but no fringe benefits hahahaha
Old 01-06-2013, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabers Best View Post
Take it to any shoe maker, if there is not one in Town then the Hutterites will have a shoe man.

They can sew in a leather or heavy canvas patch and you are good to go. If no shoe maker then a tarp outfit. Should be someone like that near by. If not in Taber then certainly in Lethbridge.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:29 PM

I think I have rebuilt every hub and rod assembly on my eastman. Terrible tent and the next time it breaks it going up in flames and will be getting a new Clam. Had the tent for a long time now.