Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 08-09-2008, 11:27 AM

Default new rifles

Someone requested I post some photos of my two new rifles. So, here goes. Bear in mind my very limited, almost non-existent, computor skills.

As you can see, they are a matching set. Both have laminated Harry Lawson Cochise thumbhole stocks with dark rosewood forend and pistol caps with slim white spacers. Both actions are early Sakos; a L61R and a L579. Hart squared the actions, handlapped the lugs and teflon coated everything including the floorplates. The barrels are 26" handlapped Harts with Teflon coating. The one chambered for the 7RM has a 1 in 10 twist to stablize the 168 VLD and the other is chambered for 6/284 with a 1 in 14" twist to stablize the 70 Ballistic Tip. Both have Pachmyer Decelerator recoil pads and the same 14" LOP. A 14 1/2 LOP would be better if I was shooting these only in short sleeves or a light jacket. It seems as though somethings must be a compromise no matter what.

The 7Rm will be topped off with a Swarovski AV 4-12x50 Ballistic Turret in Leopold mounts and the 6/284 will wear a Swarovski AV 6-18 Ballistic Turret in Leopold mounts.

Once my son-in-law is finished with my Sako in Nifty Two Sixty, it will be sent off to be matched to these two. It will be chambered for the 6.5/284 with 24" tube and scoped the same as the 7RM.

I hope all enjoy the photo and descriptions, if not, please direct your comments to Dick284 who promised me a tall rum and coke if I posted the above.

Bobby B.

PS. Sadly, neither rifle came with a guarantee for downing gagger bucks.

Old 08-09-2008, 11:29 AM

And here's the photo. Duh!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rifles.jpg (42.4 KB, 94 views)

Old 08-09-2008, 11:59 AM

Does a guy say sleek or sheik?
Good lookin iron man, cant wait to see them first hand

There are no absolutes