Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-01-2012, 06:17 PM

Has anyone heard what kind of rules there will be regarding who is allowed on the base for the hunt? Will it only be those who got a tag or will whoever got a tag be able to bring somebody with them as a spotter/helper?
Old 11-01-2012, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by packhuntr View Post
Lol, ya really! Wow... Wasnt but afew days ago guys didnt even know this was on the roster. Look at some of these guys lose control lol. This is exactly why residents NEED to be controlled. Pigs would shoot everything if allowed. Guys need to relax, those elk need to be managed in one way shape or another. That is not a choice... Future opportunities will likely exist...
I'm betting that you're correct, but the question remains....If there ever is an antlered elk draw on the base, will they actually do the right thing and make it a random lottery so that everyone gets a chance at it? Or will they completely screw it up, for us and future generations, by making it a priority draw the way they've completely screwed up the sheep draws (438 being the exception)?
Old 11-01-2012, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertadave View Post
I'm betting that you're correct, but the question remains....If there ever is an antlered elk draw on the base, will they actually do the right thing and make it a random lottery so that everyone gets a chance at it? Or will they completely screw it up, for us and future generations, by making it a priority draw the way they've completely screwed up the sheep draws (438 being the exception)?
Sounds like someones wishing he had not used all his priority points last year. Maybe some of those new moose zones that are opening up should go that way also, it's taking 14 plus years to get a moose draw down south now. I say give it to the guys that have been putting in there time and waiting.. LIKE ME..... But lets just hope everything goes well with this hunt so there will maybe be a next time.
Jim..
Old 11-01-2012, 07:55 PM

This is the hunting worlds version of Garth Brooks tickets at the Calgary Stampede!
Alberta Relm.....Ticketmaster??= same ****!

Congratulations to everyone who got a tag.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:50 AM

[QUOTE=walking buffalo;1678201]Got in several times and put in tag#.

Tells me the tag is Not Valid.

Tried four different tag #'s. All returned Not Valid.

These tags are valid, they worked for other licence purchases.[QUOTE]

The online paper tag numbers can only be used ONCE. They are your actual tag if you are successful.

Vic
Old 11-02-2012, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jednastka View Post

The online paper tag numbers can only be used ONCE. They are your actual tag if you are successful.

Vic

You are correct Vic,

I didn't explain this clearly enough. The tags in immediate numerical sequence have worked for licence purchases this year. Ie. ****23 worked, *****24 came back "Not Valid".

Interestingly, the tag# that was not valid yesterday is valid today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednuck View Post
The difference is fish and wildlife has a system in place to avoid this exact problem. They could of allowed 3 days of applying for a draw, picked 200 random and only worried about the website crashing when everyone went to check their results. Instead of using an overwhelmed website for deciding who the lucky 200 were.

A very simple solution that would have avoided most of this mess.

Jamie,

Watch your back.... Not joking....
Old 11-02-2012, 10:21 AM

Default Elk outside

I have cow draw on outside. Should have no problem with elk outside block after the shooting inside begins. Anyone know which areas are being targeted.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter1234 View Post
Sounds like someones wishing he had not used all his priority points last year. Maybe some of those new moose zones that are opening up should go that way also, it's taking 14 plus years to get a moose draw down south now. I say give it to the guys that have been putting in there time and waiting.. LIKE ME..... But lets just hope everything goes well with this hunt so there will maybe be a next time.
Jim..
Not at all Jim, I wouldn't trade that hunt last year for anything. My point was that if an antlered season on the base was to become a reallity, and they make it a priority draw, like they did with some very sought after sheep tags, anyone who didn't get their name in the first season would never have a chance. But you do raise a good point, if they do make it a priority draw, then at the very least they should create a new draw code, and start everyone off with a clean slate