Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-15-2012, 07:36 PM

Got to love boobies, makes up less than 10% of cancers but gets 50% of all the cancer funding.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
Exactly, people today are dying of cancer because other things that used to kill them do not kill them now. If nothing else kills you cancer will.

I remember an uncle who used to be a surgeon from about 1940 to 1975 saying that they used to see people with what they now know is cancer go undiagnosed and only until after an autopsy would they find out the patient had liver cancer, lung cancer, they would write down the cause of death as liver failure or respiratory failure. There was a lot of cancer back then as people smoked like chimneys, worked with all sorts of chemicals without workplace protection. I remember when my grandmother got breast cancer, they really knew little about treating it with any kind of success, He gave her the ultimatum that she could go through all the treatments of the day and probably not live 3 years or he could remove them right now before it spreads. He brought her into the local hospital and hacked off both of her breasts. She lived another 30 years in perfect health. Contrary to popular belief lukemia and other rare cancers were around then as they are today, they just didn't have ways of diagnosing or treating them successfully.
yes but even 50 years ago was a pretty chemical world.

peop;e who wher eborn in the thirties generally groow older then people born today ever will
Old 10-16-2012, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh9683 View Post
yes but even 50 years ago was a pretty chemical world.

peop;e who wher eborn in the thirties generally groow older then people born today ever will
That might have something to do with lifestyle, They were a lot more physically fit, today we have a preponderance of lard *asses sitting in front of computers with horrible processed preservative laden diets. If we lived and ate the way they did back then the rates would probably drop especially with the healthcare advances we have today. These days our healthcare keeps people alive in spite of themselves.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:25 PM

I think first you have to realize they will NEVER cure cancer, Breast or any other. This world is run by greedy people that will gladly see other people suffer so they can turn a profit.
Now they will come up with medication so that you can LIVE with your problems. That way they can charge you every month for your medication $100 on your 30 cent pills.
So I say to anyone who asks for a donation to find a cure " I won't donate for the cure but here's a few bux to make some better medication"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7P4iFg048k
Some foul language but its the truth.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructor View Post
Now they will come up with medication so that you can LIVE with your problems. That way they can charge you every month for your medication $100 on your 30 cent pills.
Thats the business phlosophy of the pharmaceutical companies. They don't really want to cure people, they want lifelong customers dependant on their product.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh9683 View Post
Well the good news is that you type better than you do simple math. This is soooooo wrong it's actually impressive.