Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-19-2012, 10:11 PM

Default hows action at pigeon

heading to pigeon on sunday,picked up extra walleye tags for wife and myself. Hope to fill 3 tags each in the 43 to50 cm size.Havent fished pigeon yet this year,using jig and minnow anyone had recent success,thanks for any input.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:57 PM

Last couple weekends have been slow. My guess is mostly due to fluctuations in weather. My old man text me tonight and said the neighbour and his grandson landed 64 walleye today. Sunny but not scorching hot with a walleye chop makes for a great day on Pigeon.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:30 PM

Fishing has been great the past couple weekends. Have managed to fill all three tags each for 5 people (in the same slot as yours) in 2 outings ....usually within the first hour.

Was finding minnows seemed to catch the bigger ones but worms were working too.....I always go early, mostly because of the heat, the launch is quieter, less people, and the bite is better.

LC
Old 07-20-2012, 08:21 AM

been pretty hot if you ask me. Was there wednesday casting around the dead whitefish. Caught a dz or so in about an hour and a half after the thundershowers passed through.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:21 AM

i have had a few great days on pigeon tis year; unfortuantely, no walleye that small for me tho . The size seems to be going up nicely since the introducion of the tags. Hope you find some in that size class
cheers
Old 07-20-2012, 11:43 AM

Default Thursday evening

Went out to a midlake structure yesterday and removed the jig out of 28 in two hours. Pretty much cookie cutter size, in the 2.5 to 3 pound size, but all you wanted to catch. I was surprised that most of the active fish I connected with were in 17 to 20 feet of water. Expected them to move shallower as the evening wore on, but they didn't. Very little algae bloom where I was fishing, with about 5 feet of visibility. Saw 5 or 6 whitie floaters.

Jim