Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 05-06-2008, 04:10 PM
TundraBuck

Default Doing your draws online

I just had a question about doing my draws online on June 3rd. Will it cost money to do them online or will it be free? Either way this will be great, because you won't be rushed like you are on the phone.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:45 PM

No idea - but they've made changes to the website and looks like one will be able to purchase draw applications online. Cost - yet to be revealed. WinRELM also now allows for purchasing fishing licenses online right now. Reprinting licenses looks to be do-able. I would imagine that more information will be revealed in the weeks ahead.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:15 PM
TundraBuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Spartan View Post
No idea - but they've made changes to the website and looks like one will be able to purchase draw applications online. Cost - yet to be revealed. WinRELM also now allows for purchasing fishing licenses online right now. Reprinting licenses looks to be do-able. I would imagine that more information will be revealed in the weeks ahead.
That is also what I concluded. I am anxious to see what will happen.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:36 PM

Nothing in life is free. I'm sure there is a spot to enter your credit card info. You can buy points on line for Wyoming and they do indeed take credit card info. It is pretty slick being able to look after your tag stuff online.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:42 PM

I really hope that the unclaimed tags in September will be online too and that they'll have an online system that won't crash when we all try to get there at once (like Revenue Canada's tax system).

The 1-900 system is becoming a pain when you have a digital phone at home and all your other phones are through work.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:49 AM

pain in the ass. I only have cell phone have to do in person
Old 05-07-2008, 08:54 AM

I enjoy doing it in person. Go to Wholesale, give the girl my draws. She says it will take a while for her to get to them, like half an hour. That's cool, I just go browse. Nice and relaxed.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:22 AM

May 12 will see the press release on what will be all doable online.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:27 AM

Default ...

When do draw books come out? I know its soon but I want mine now. I'm up there on trophy antelope is why I want it so bad.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:42 AM

The online hunter training accepted credit cards and paypal, so hopefully this will be the same way.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:56 PM
TundraBuck

Well the thing that gets me is that it's free at a license issuer so why wouldn't it be free online?

James_m, I think the draw books should be coming in the mail soon.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TundraBuck View Post
Well the thing that gets me is that it's free at a license issuer so why wouldn't it be free online?

James_m, I think the draw books should be coming in the mail soon.

The draw applications are not free at a licence issuer!
$3.25/ if my memory is correct.

There are no absolutes
Old 05-07-2008, 05:51 PM
Hoochie Papa

Absolutely going to be easier for a lot of people.

I wonder about the actual tags though. I can't see how I could print them out at home without the fancy machine.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoochie Papa View Post
Absolutely going to be easier for a lot of people.

I wonder about the actual tags though. I can't see how I could print them out at home without the fancy machine.

Maybe you fellers might be best served to go over to the RELM site and read it first hand.
Draw's yes, WIN card replacements yes, Fishig licences yes, hunting licences NO
and what it says for the Draw Applications is that they can be purchased 4 at a time.

Seems all the answers are there if you care to take a look.

There are no absolutes
Old 05-07-2008, 06:38 PM
TundraBuck

Hmm. All the times I have done my draws I have bought fishing stuff while I was there so I never really paid attention whether or not there was a charge. Guess I'll do it over the phone then.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:23 PM

I would rather do it at the vendor than over the phone. I at least get a printout to verify it was put in, in the right zone etc. I will probably wait for a year to do it over the net.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:14 PM

heck i screw it up enough in person. i'll go to pipestone and get jim to help me get it right.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:59 PM

Doesn't the cost of the phone draw application process go to the company providing the service (IBM... right?) rather than to actual conservation (like our fishing and hunting licenses)? If so, that would be pretty weak.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvelinus View Post
Doesn't the cost of the phone draw application process go to the company providing the service (IBM... right?) rather than to actual conservation (like our fishing and hunting licenses)? If so, that would be pretty weak.
The 3.25 fee, still goes to ACA and whatever, but when you do it on the phone, you have to pay a per minute fee, not sure what it is as I don't have a draw book handy, and this is on top of the draw app. fee (3.25 or whatever it is)

I do mine in person, but I always put 15 different draws in, so that per minute fee gets a little steep. I may be intrigued to try a few on the website, wait a few days, then check on RELM to ensure they went through.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady View Post
The 3.25 fee, still goes to ACA and whatever, but when you do it on the phone, you have to pay a per minute fee, not sure what it is as I don't have a draw book handy, and this is on top of the draw app. fee (3.25 or whatever it is)

I do mine in person, but I always put 15 different draws in, so that per minute fee gets a little steep. I may be intrigued to try a few on the website, wait a few days, then check on RELM to ensure they went through.

Isn't it a 3.25 flat fee plus 1.15 for each additional minute? I do mine at a vendor due to the extra minutes from added applicants and zones that take time.
Old 05-09-2008, 02:45 PM

I see its set up on the site. Hopefully, it is operational by June 3.
Old 05-24-2008, 07:28 AM
Gone Hunting

I will keep doing mine over the phone. Big phone bill every year, but you know its done and without error. I would never leave my draw applications in the hands of someone at a counter while i went shopping, too much invested and way too much to lose. Definately gonna wait to see how the computer thing works out. Let them get the bugs out on someone elses time and investment.

It's just Alberta boys... Take what you can while you can,, if ya cant beat em join em.

Keep a strain on er
Old 05-24-2008, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by packhuntr View Post
I will keep doing mine over the phone. Big phone bill every year, but you know its done and without error. I would never leave my draw applications in the hands of someone at a counter while i went shopping, too much invested and way too much to lose. Definately gonna wait to see how the computer thing works out. Let them get the bugs out on someone elses time and investment.
Doing them at the vendor is the least risky IMO. they give you a print out of each app for your records. If it is done wrong I believe they can void it right there. How many of us have dialed a wrong number? Just as easy to punch in a wrong code on the phone.
Old 05-25-2008, 06:47 PM

Which ever way you do em, make sure you double check. The girl at Canadian Tire did a boo boo on mine last year and I never knew it until weeks later. Shoved them in my pocket assuming everything was ok, that's what i get for not checking....
Old 05-26-2008, 07:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duk Dog View Post
Nothing in life is free. I'm sure there is a spot to enter your credit card info. You can buy points on line for Wyoming and they do indeed take credit card info. It is pretty slick being able to look after your tag stuff online.

Not putting my credit card # online , no sir.