Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 07:07 PM
Banned

Stupid is as stupid does.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezle View Post
I'll remember you said that next time we're fishing on the river and a boat comes cruising by the shore

I'm sure you'd be upset if a boat came by too close and hit your line and yanked your rod and reel away, just like the OP. I know I would be.
I've had it happen what can you do , can't stop ignorant people . It's a little different when there's a 100 yard river and a 20 foot wide creek . It's his right to up there just as its our right to go on the river or any lake . Being a deliberate jerk off is a bit different than what your limited to doing .

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeeHaw View Post
Tell me something John, how would you like to get to your fishing spot, only to have someone,say a "weekend hero", run his boat like a damn R tard, ten feet from where your standing, soaking you and your wife or gf, and half the people around you. Then watch your favorate and most expencive rod and reel go flying out of the holder and into the water, inturn plucking up your evening and costing you close to $300 in the process? Then not being able to do jack about it other than watch the driver smile and wave. Im not "pouting" as you say, more like ****ed right off. Ovesly you would do / feel differently about the situation, so please tell me how you would feel if the shoe was on the other foot???????
It's happened has happened many times and yes I've been mad . But a little respect goes both ways . Like I said to geezle a 100 yard wide river and a 20 foot wide creek are two different things .

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT_420 View Post
not a very good attitude for one who takes "clients" out on his boat?
Not sure how my attitude has anything to do with me guiding clients . And I'm not sure how it's ran additude it's a very valid points .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal View Post
WTF man? You are on a fricking role these days with the ignorant remarks! What happened, you bought a decent boat and all the sudden the rest of us are "weekend heros" now? Well whatever kind of "hero" that you obviously concider yourself I would like to take this opportunity to assure you that you are dillusional, GFYS man.
I thought it was the thing to do here . Seems like you post valid story and pictures yet a guys still full of crap .

I'm far from a hero , and don't need to be I get out more than once every long weekend , I don't o wn a 30,000 boat that sits in my driveway just to look good .

And to clear the air for you fine outstanding people I was referring to the guy in the boat as the weekend warrior but I guess I'm the bad guy .

I don't even know why I'm answering myself here .

Last edited by Alberta Bigbore; 07-02-2012 at 07:46 PM.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBADJOHN View Post
I've had it happen what can you do , can't stop ignorant people . It's a little different when there's a 100 yard river and a 20 foot wide creek . It's his right to up there just as its our right to go on the river or any lake . Being a deliberate jerk off is a bit different than what your limited to doing .

It's happened has happened many times and yes I've been mad . But a little respect goes both ways . Like I said to geezle a 100 yard wide river and a 20 foot wide creek are two different things .

Not sure how my attitude has anything to do with me guiding clients . And I'm not sure how it's ran additude it's a very valid points .

I thought it was the thing to do here . Seems like you post valid story and pictures yet a guys still full of crap .

I'm far from a hero , and don't need to be I get out more than once every long weekend , I don't o wn a 30,000 boat that sits in my driveway just to look good .

And to clear the air for you fine outstanding people I was referring to the guy in the boat as the weekend warrior but I guess I'm the bad guy .

I don't even know why I'm answering myself here .
I like how you slipped the worth of your boat in there, nice! Now that I know your boat is worth $30,000 dollars I take that back, you are more than a hero John... your my hero

Last edited by Alberta Bigbore; 07-02-2012 at 08:10 PM.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal View Post
I like how you slipped the worth of your boat in there, nice! Now that I know your boat is worth $30,000 dollars I take that back, you are more than a hero John... your my hero
Actually I paid more than that but the value doesn't matter I'm pointing out the people who get out on the long weekends who have these huge boats but yet they never leave thre driveways .

Cal the oh mighty , that's why I'm pointing out my friend nothing less nothing more .
Old 07-02-2012, 07:39 PM

Can I ask a dumb question?? What is a weekend hero??

Thanks Larry
Old 07-02-2012, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canoes View Post
Can I ask a dumb question?? What is a weekend hero??

Thanks Larry
I think I explained it pretty good in the post above , at least my thoughts on the definition .
Old 07-02-2012, 07:47 PM

If he went out on wednesday? would he be a mid week hero??
Old 07-02-2012, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canoes View Post
If he went out on wednesday? would he be a mid week hero??
Hump day hero

LC
Old 07-02-2012, 08:07 PM

Exclamation

Carry on