Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-19-2012, 09:21 AM

Default Arma coat

Anyone apply Arma coat them selves at home? Just looking for some tips I got all the info on how to do it and reserched the hell out of it. Your tips and tricks will be a big help thanks.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:32 AM

No real tricks, its like painting anything else. Make sure you have a way to handle it as it gets more coverage.
Old 05-19-2012, 02:55 PM

I do quite a bit of armacoating for other people, don't advertise my services yet. Try to hang everything your going to spray at about chest height so you can see all the little nooks and crannies and don't miss any spots. If you want a flat color spray from about 12 inches away, if you want a more glossy finish spray closer. Make sure you wear a mask it's nasty stuff. Make sure you wear latex gloves and wipe everything really well with lacquer thinner oil from your skin can give you crappy spots in your finish
"I don't know about the "shooting Savages" part. I have one and I have had considerable difficulty doing well with it. Part of the reason for this is that I feel a need to put bag over my head to hide my identity when ever I am shooting it!"
Leeper