Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-14-2012, 11:39 AM

Default Anyone have a Maverick Hunter 3'' 12-Gauge Over & Under Shotgun

I am looking at buying one and wonder if anyone has one and what experience they have had with it. Not interested in my friends cousins sisters brothers friend had one and it sucked stories. I already own two Mossberg pump action 500's and they have both been good proven guns in the field and during trap season. I want to use this one as an entry level trap gun.

Last edited by plinker; 05-14-2012 at 11:40 AM. Reason: poor grammer
Old 05-17-2012, 06:27 AM

I had one. Probably put 500 rounds through it for skeet and trap. The bottom barrel didnt shoot to the same POI as the top. The forearm started to get loose. It was a bitch to re attach the barrels back on the reciever, way too tight in my opinion, felt like there was problem with the fit.
Depending on how much shooting your going to do, I'd recomend spending more on an o/u to get the better quality or if funds are a problem get a semi.
Lots of decent semi's for $5-600, no decent o/u's for that price that I'm aware of.