Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-25-2012, 02:45 PM

Default Pigeon Tomorrow

Going to Pigeon tomorrow to maybe ice my first hard water white never fished Pigeon before but done some research and I'm goint to start in Malhurst but also habe some spots of intrest picked out on my depth chart. Will give you guys an update and hopefully post some pictures on Friday Any advice on Pigeon lake whites you guys would care to share? I'd also like to hook into some burbot while im there
Old 01-25-2012, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.goldeye View Post
Going to Pigeon tomorrow to maybe ice my first hard water white never fished Pigeon before but done some research and I'm goint to start in Malhurst but also habe some spots of intrest picked out on my depth chart. Will give you guys an update and hopefully post some pictures on Friday Any advice on Pigeon lake whites you guys would care to share? I'd also like to hook into some burbot while im there
-get there early....

- have fished the lake for 20 years and have never caught a burbot....go to Gull or Battle for Burbs (in the sppring)
Old 01-25-2012, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake View Post
-get there early....

- have fished the lake for 20 years and have never caught a burbot....go to Gull or Battle for Burbs (in the sppring)
X2

Defiantly get there early… the bite is usually over by 10…

The Burbot are far and few between but we have caught the odd one on a tip-ups in the past…
Old 01-26-2012, 06:54 AM

Caught many burbot in Pigeon over the years. Into the double digits on some outings. the majority in the 2-4lbs range. Gotta look around to find them and fish during the right time of the year. Now is not the right time... wait till March!
Old 01-26-2012, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake View Post
-

X2

I got one when I was a kid in a minnow net... pretty sure it was dying.