Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 01-18-2012, 02:51 PM

Default Grande Prairie Coyote Derby

Anyone from GP area interested in a mid-February Coyote derby? If so, drop me a PM.

If there is enough interest I will organize an even that will run all day with a mandatory check in at noon in Beaverlodge for a hot lunch. We would either wrap up at Big Timber in Grande Prairie at the end of the day or back out in Beaverlodge, depending on numbers. Cash prizes as well as some donated prizes.

Pat
Old 01-18-2012, 03:20 PM

Yuuuup! I'm in. Sounds like a great time.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:22 PM

ya, that sounds cool. just sent your post to a friend who may be interested also. Bartons coyote challenge is on from jan 15-mar 15 also ya know.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:29 PM

Default cool

sounds great...if on days off I would love too!!
Darrell
Old 01-18-2012, 06:31 PM

Default nice

If im on days off id love to try!!
Darrell
Old 01-18-2012, 06:32 PM

I'd love to do it.....but not allowed to go shooting or packing any weight around right now. Have fun, and post up pics.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-18-2012, 06:49 PM

Sounds like a plan to me I can shoot for Twisted as I hear his rifle is crooked and yes I can carry the doggies IF he gets any

Steve In GP

Old 01-18-2012, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gphunt View Post
ya, that sounds cool. just sent your post to a friend who may be interested also. Bartons coyote challenge is on from jan 15-mar 15 also ya know.
Haven't heard about this...we'd just be doing a one-dayer, more people the merrier (and higher the cash prizes) so keep spreading the word. Likely going to be second Saturday in February if there's enough interest to make it happen.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:59 PM

Yote derby sounds good im in
Old 01-19-2012, 10:06 AM

Private or crown land? Will you have the land permission or do the hunters have to get that done. I'm from Peace River and I would love to be in the derby but I don't have the time to get out there before hand to get permission needed, I don't know anyone with land that lives around GP. Also it is individual or a two man team?
Old 01-19-2012, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaha 1 View Post
Private or crown land? Will you have the land permission or do the hunters have to get that done. I'm from Peace River and I would love to be in the derby but I don't have the time to get out there before hand to get permission needed, I don't know anyone with land that lives around GP. Also it is individual or a two man team?
It will be up to individual if they want to hunt crown or private land, permission is up to the individual as well.

You will be able to enter as a team of up to two people so maybe you could find a local on here that would want to hunt with you if you would prefer to hunt the farm land...
Old 01-19-2012, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gphunt View Post
how does the bartons coyote challenge work ?
Old 01-19-2012, 08:45 PM

Sounds like a great idea for some off season action,
BUT;
I would be very careful on private land how everyone conducts themselves. I know were talking coyotes here, and not big game but we need to be careful that the farmer/hunter relationships do not erode any further than they have in some places.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkamaholic View Post
Anyone from GP area interested in a mid-February Coyote derby? If so, drop me a PM.

If there is enough interest I will organize an even that will run all day with a mandatory check in at noon in Beaverlodge for a hot lunch. We would either wrap up at Big Timber in Grande Prairie at the end of the day or back out in Beaverlodge, depending on numbers. Cash prizes as well as some donated prizes.

Pat
Make sure you bring it up at the next AFGA meeting.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:38 PM

Definitely, some of those folks might be interested eh? The derby will be the following Saturday I think. Just have to confirm one more detail...will keep everyone posted.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywolf View Post
Sounds like a great idea for some off season action,
BUT;
I would be very careful on private land how everyone conducts themselves. I know were talking coyotes here, and not big game but we need to be careful that the farmer/hunter relationships do not erode any further than they have in some places.
That goes without saying greywolf, won't be any different than any other day out coyote hunting, except some cash prizes and a little friendly competition. Should be a good chance to meet some new people and clean up some predators. Judging by the deer numbers this year, we need every fawn to survive this spring.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:38 AM

Sounds like a good excuse to dust off the rifle......
Old 01-22-2012, 08:43 AM

Default Skin coyotes

Hay guys I can skin, flesh, wash,Stretch, n comb your coyotes for 15 bucks a piece just shoot me a email flipper81@live.com