Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 03-06-2008, 10:06 AM

Default Spring plans?

gophers that need shooting, fish that need catching, sheds that need finding, fences that need fixing, horses that need riding......
Old 03-06-2008, 10:46 AM

The same i been doing for the last 25 years go to my cabin work around the yard shoot a couple of Hair pigs ( that is what my neighbour out there call them) then take a few hikes to see how the deer herds made out this winter look for a few sheds have to rebuilt a couple of stands that are no longer repairable do some scouting for moose as i am pri 5 so should get drawen this year finally had 3 bulls last fall on my section so i hope they wintered there can't wait do some fishing on the nth sask come on spring
Old 03-06-2008, 11:02 AM

A bit of turkey hunting in Montana, look at a few bears but probably won't shoot one, Tarpon and Bonefish trip in Cuba at the end of April, and the regular mix of freshwater opportunities around home. I can't wait until we start shutting some rigs down to get this work thing out of the way of all the plans I have.

Chet
Old 03-07-2008, 02:52 PM
Banned

Good luck to everyone with their plans,, hope they all work out...

Chet,, whats the skinny on Turkey hunting down in Montana,, are there a fare amount of birds and what are the requirements for a non resident, I would imagine we need a guide and if so what kind of price is a guy looking at...