Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 10-30-2011, 10:53 PM

Default Scope mounting equipment - Hinton area

Howdy.
Just bought the new gun/scope and was wondering if anyone knows of or has a scope mounting kit in the Hinton/Jasper area?
I woulda gladly bought one in Edmonton when I got the gun, but of course none to be found.
I would gladly pay for the use of one
Thanks.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:55 AM

Wholesale sports and Cabella's mount them for free.. just take them in next time you are in town. If you need it done quicker.. find a contact for Hinton Fish and game club.. the range master out there "Jack" I believe was his name mounted mine.. I think he charged me $40-60.. He might give you a deal if you talk nice to him or if you shoot skeet..

Or try High Calibre out on the east end.. they should be able to do it for you..
(780) 865-3678
Old 10-31-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Guy View Post
Howdy.
Just bought the new gun/scope and was wondering if anyone knows of or has a scope mounting kit in the Hinton/Jasper area?
I woulda gladly bought one in Edmonton when I got the gun, but of course none to be found.
I would gladly pay for the use of one
Thanks.
Geez with all the gear you go through you'd think that you would have all of the set up gear too. What did you get this year M.G.? 30-30 c/w 4x tasco?
Old 10-31-2011, 10:46 AM

Just ship the rifle and scope up to me and I will get it put on for you. Did you get your 7-08?
Old 10-31-2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
Just ship the rifle and scope up to me and I will get it put on for you. Did you get your 7-08?
ya.. I was gonna call you. You got the lapping set up?
Bought it at Cabela's but wasn't about to let them install the scope. I've done my last 3 or 4 but I've never lapped the rings. My last one has optilocks so didnt need to but this time I want to lap the rings.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretohunt View Post
Geez with all the gear you go through you'd think that you would have all of the set up gear too. What did you get this year M.G.? 30-30 c/w 4x tasco?
What are you doing at the computer?
Shouldn't you be up in the hills baby sitting a ram?
Was thinking 30-30 or 303 surplus but decided on a Savage lightweight Hunter in 7mm-08 with a FX II 6X36 leupold. Should come in around 6.5lbs all rigged up.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergrizz700 View Post
Wholesale sports and Cabella's mount them for free.. just take them in next time you are in town. If you need it done quicker.. find a contact for Hinton Fish and game club.. the range master out there "Jack" I believe was his name mounted mine.. I think he charged me $40-60.. He might give you a deal if you talk nice to him or if you shoot skeet..

Or try High Calibre out on the east end.. they should be able to do it for you..
(780) 865-3678
I was gonna check with High Cal. They would probably know if there's someone around there. Don't know if there's a gunsmith in Hinton. I've never heard of one anyway. I'm guessing he may not have the lapping tool but I'll call him and find out.

Thanks.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:16 AM

If you were near Calgary I would do it for you but since you aren't; For just more than the cost of having a couple of scopes mounted, and usually done wrong, you can buy the complete mounting kit, inclyuding lapping, 1" and 30 mill rods, plus the alignment tool from Sinclairs. They will have it in your hands in less than 7 days using good old regular US mail.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
If you were near Calgary I would do it for you but since you aren't; For just more than the cost of having a couple of scopes mounted, and usually done wrong, you can buy the complete mounting kit, inclyuding lapping, 1" and 30 mill rods, plus the alignment tool from Sinclairs. They will have it in your hands in less than 7 days using good old regular US mail.
True... but this is the ''last gun'' I plan on buying so why buy that stuff. Well...at least thats what I've been telling myself and my wife for years anyway
Old 11-01-2011, 01:22 PM

Hey neighbor, try getting in touch with Jack Wilson. His name and phone number is listed on the Hinton Fish and Game website. I think that he is the guy that used to advertise at the range. If not, I'm sure he can put you in touch with the right person.
http://www.hintonfishandgame.ca/
Old 11-01-2011, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Guy View Post
True... but this is the ''last gun'' I plan on buying so why buy that stuff. Well...at least thats what I've been telling myself and my wife for years anyway
What happened to the last one ? Did you wear it out? The gun I mean...
Old 11-02-2011, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretohunt View Post
What happened to the last one ? Did you wear it out? The gun I mean...
Nah... I just think Robyn would much rather shoot a 7-08 than a 300wsm.
Thats my story and I'm stickin' to it.....
Old 11-02-2011, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bull View Post
Hey neighbor, try getting in touch with Jack Wilson. His name and phone number is listed on the Hinton Fish and Game website. I think that he is the guy that used to advertise at the range. If not, I'm sure he can put you in touch with the right person.
http://www.hintonfishandgame.ca/
Ya that is the guy I was talking about in my post... he is the range master at the gun range out there and I know he mounts scopes and a little bit of gun smithing...
Old 11-02-2011, 05:30 PM

I talked to Keith @ High Calibre. He's got all the stuff to mount er' up. Hopefully get there soon so I can heat up the barrel on that baby !
Thanks.