Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-01-2007, 07:35 PM
Dewie

Default first trip to the bow river

Just picked up my jet boat that I bought 2 weeks ago on saturday. Had to test drive it. went down to the bow river to do some fishing. It wasn't the best I have seen it but we caught 1 brown and 1 rainbow. the brown was 3lbs 9oz and the rainbow was 2lbs 4oz. we only fished for a few hours because it was so cold.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:11 PM
what make jet boat?

Default what make jet boat?

We are lookin to get one to run on the bow but not sure wat to get. Where did you get it and any info would be good?
Old 04-01-2007, 08:43 PM
Dewie

Default Re: what make jet boat?

I bought mine from a friend of a friend at gibbons motor toys.
I got a 2003 G3 1544 jon boat with a 2005 yamaha 30/40 jet. it only had 12 hours or so on it. But I priced a few alumacraft jons with mercury 60/40 jet for about $17000-$20000. That was a boat mart in Red Deer.

P.S. It is a blast I strongly suggest getting a river boat. they are so much fun.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:14 PM
lethalconnection

I was down on the bow about a week ago and managed to get a 15" bow and a nice 20" brown and that was it, was kinda gettin annoyed with gettin takin out by the ice bergs:lol :lol
Old 04-03-2007, 06:01 AM
Christofficer

Jetboats?

die.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:35 PM
Die.

Default Die.

Right after he drives over your driftboat Christofficer, then makes a turn and heads upriver from the boat launch to fish back downstream in front of every driftboat that put in above him.

Congratulations on the new boat and enjoy the quiet fishing that comes with it.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:36 PM
Dewie

Default Re: christofficer

Thats to bad you feel that way. I am not too sure if its because of a few jerks that you have to stereotype the rest of us. Or if it is you horse & wagon fishing that you do.

by the way my little boat has a 30/40 outboard jet I am not the guy that is flying by you at a million miles an hour. I am enjoying the river just like you, but if your in a drift boat I am not making as much money as you are bringing yankees up to fish our waters.

But thanks for being mature about it.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:19 PM
Mudder Man

Default Re: christofficer

Hey Dewie Congrats on the Boat and i am sure you will get lots of fun out of it.

As for you know who i have noticed over the last year of reading what he has to say. Always is an authority and Sh*t disturber here.

Take it for its worth there buddy.

My 2 cents.