Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-25-2011, 10:45 PM

Default Another Trip Report - Moose Lake near Bonneyville Alberta

Well, it’s time for another trip report.

I like to post these sometimes so that when others are looking for info on places, they can google it, and the AO forum shows up.

In this case, our trip was up to Moose Lake, just outside of Bonneyville. We spent a few days at my brother-in-law’s lake lot. I must say, I grew up out at Pine Lake at my Grandparent’s cabin, and Moose lake brought back a lot of great memories.

It’s a beauty lake, lots of little bays to check out.

We had a TON of fun going out boating, tubing, water skiing, and jet skiing. Stuff I haven’t done in over 10 years. It was a blast to get out on the water.

One morning, I got up super early, took the rowboat out and caught a dozen pike in about an hour. Lots of fun, but no keepers. My wife and I took the boat out again at dusk and caught another nice one.

BTW – the lake lot is for sale. I have no details other than this link, so if you’re interested check it out. He’s put a TON of work into the place with gravel pads and driveways. The steps down to the shore was a lot of work and he did a very good job, the pier and the steps will last for many years to come. It’s on a small cove and there’s only 4 or 5 lots in there, other areas of the lake have people crammed on top of each other.

http://comfree.com/recreation-lot-fo...alberta-245521

It was a great time to get to know my in-laws better, and do some camping at the lake. Anyheww… here’s some pics.

Old 07-25-2011, 10:45 PM

Old 07-25-2011, 10:46 PM

Old 07-25-2011, 10:49 PM

Nice pics....looks like a great weekend....one vivid memory I have is of ice fishing on Moose as a young lad with my Dad and Brother and an LEO from the town I live in.....Dad and his buddy started a small Island on fire that day.....we got it out but its a funny story best told over a brewski...

LC
Old 07-25-2011, 11:06 PM

The main 'public' dock was pretty dissapointing. Guys in huge cabin cruisers pulling up, everyone with a drink in thier hand, and nearly smashing into the dock at rather high speed. Great example for the young ones that were with us.

All in all though, despite the long distance for us from Calgary, we had a great time!