Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2010, 09:35 PM

Default Disgusting!!! (My rant)

So, I headed out to a treestand tonight, one that I haven't hunted yet this year but I figured now was as good as time as any. As I was walking in, I noticed a few crows and magpies flying around but didn't think much of it. It was a good night, seen a bunch of deer and had a chance at a mulie doe.

About an hour before dark, I heard something coming through the leaves, and from about 100yds out, I could see the mulie doe slowly walking through the trees, so I stood up and got ready. It took her about 30 - 45 minutes to cover that 100yds and get to my shooting lane as she was super cautios and was constantly checking the air and would even occasionally look at me, even though I was down wind, and I hadn't made a noise or moved at all. But by then I couldn't finish the job while I was at full draw as my trigger finger had froze and was too numb to feel the trigger until she was gone. But anywho, after she noticed me fumbling for the trigger (I actually had to pull my head away from the string and watch my finger go onto the trigger), but she seen my movement and headed off to parts unknown. It was pretty well dark by then, so I got down, and for some reason, I decided to walk over to where she had ran from. As this particular stand in in the middle of some pretty thick bush, I can't see a whole lot through all the bush but when I got to where she was, I noticed a dead deer. I was quite certain that I hadn't scared her to death, so I went to check it out, and found a mulie bambi dead on its back. Upon further inspection, I found that it was laying flat on it's back (not natural for a deer to die this way), it had been shot, and it was a little stiff but no so much as to say that it had been dead for a while (I figured it was shot this morning).

I'm no CSI, but the way I figure it; the poaching bastards, killed the deer, got it onto its back to start the gutting job, figured it was just a bambi, so they left it there to rot... and, as I said, the bush is really thick so the only viable shooting lane I could find... was from my treestand. So I also figured that maybe the reason that this doe was so cautious and kept looking at me, was because perhaps it was her bambi that was shot and she knew where the shot had come from earlier? Like I said, I'm no CSI, but that's just what I think.

I can't belive the way some people think.