Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2010, 11:09 PM
Banned

Default Load Data not the Same

I'm new to reloading and I need to make sure of something before I go any further. I have worked up loads for my 3006 right up to the max as published in the Nosler 6 manual. There are no signs of over-pressure and the groups have gotten tighter. I've cross referenced the data in my manual against the IMR powders load data site and I found a big difference in the max allowable load for my 3006 loads. I'm using IMR 4350 and 165 gr Nosler BT bullets.

According to the Nosler 6 manual the max load is 57 gr (100% volume) but according to the imr data on the internet 60 gr (compressed load) as the max. I checked a different site and 60 gr was also listed as the max.

Since my groups are getting tighter at 57 gr I would like to go to 57.5 to see if they get tighter yet. As I wrote earlier there are no signs of over-pressure at 57 gr. My question is this......

Do I stop now at 57 gr since this is listed as the max in my manual or should I try for a tighter group at 57.5 gr which is safe according to other load data?