Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windknot View Post
I decided to get back in to Archery after being out of it for ten years, So I bought a bow, Some Aluminum arrows. I have been so excited to shoot for the first time in ten years. So I headed to Red Deer. Got a few things done to my bow. Diverted my parallel limb bow from being destroyed in a bow press. I was insulted for shooting aluminum arrows. I guess there no good to shoot anymore. And was told how durable Carbons arrows are. And the stupid abuse that they put them through.(Arrows are to be shot at a target or so I thought) I would rather shoot a bent Aluminum arrow than a carbon that is spilt and not visible any day. Ask my friend that put one through his hand. Not saying I would never shot them because I have and liked them but some people are not spoiled. I kept my cool and remained polite, I guess my 25 years in archery means nothing I am still a newbie. And after things were done I paid and said "I will be back to shoot another day" and walked out never to return again. Boy was i disappointed. Still can't wait to shoot for the first time still and find some one that wants my business. AND ALL MY FRIENDS TOO!!!!!
I find this story a little odd, and am having a little trouble believing it. 3 years ago I also went in there to buy some alluminum arrows, which they didn't carry then either. I had been kicking around the idea of switching to carbon anyway, so I decided to go with carbon. They were most definatley NOT insulting. She was very friendly and helpful, sized my arrows for me, no charge, gave lots of good advice for re-sighting my bow, reinstalled my peep sight, paper tuned my bow for me, also no charge, didn't charge me for using their shooting lane, and on and on....all for the price of a handful of arrows. Great service, nice people, I just have a feeling there's another side to this story.